Mr Jizz

SKS capacity/loading inaccuracy

I don't want to split hairs over the power and accuracy of one weapon to another, but the Experimental patch (0.42) made an unforgivable change to the SKS.  Now you are only able to load a single round into the SKS without a stripper clip.  This is simply a falsehood as the SKS is designed with a built-in magazine (which can be removed and changed with tools).  The "stripper-clip" is nothing more than a fast and efficient method of loading the gun.  The other issue is the missing eleventh round.  I'm not sure if this was a means of making 20-round boxes equate to two full loads, but it's a relevant downgrade.  You should want every possible round you can have; NOTE: this is without a 'chambered' round as one might see on a pistol, for example: 15+1. Eleven rounds cleanly load into the gun prior to releasing the bolt. Let me demonstrate:

• Like 15

Damn, that's one sexy SKS.

• Like 1

You look like a DayZ character. May i come with you when the zombie apocalypse breaks out?

I digress, this point should be rectified in game as it is obviously inaccurate and severely hampers the SKS 

• Like 2

Wait you have a fully loaded SKS in your house right now?

You sure you wanna post that shit on Youtube?

:p

Edited by Snowball
  • Like 1

Notice I didn't even touch on the fact that the bayonette is fixed and retractable, not to mention they ALL were assembled with one.  There'd basically be no reason whatsoever for you to find an SKS on this map without it.  Eventually they'll be functional, so I'll wait til then. Hopefully they're already working on it.

• Like 1

Totally agree with u guy, I think they r doing this just to make harder to use this weapon becouse u'll need to find the mag to "realy" use this gun just like pistols and the m4  <_<

Edited by HeyGuy_72

:P

I unloaded it after the video, either way its no big deal. Long guns and military curio don't require special permits, loaded or otherwise.  Just don't drive around with one  ;)

• Like 3

I unloaded it after the video, either way its no big deal. Long guns and military curio don't require special permits, loaded or otherwise.  Just don't drive around with one  ;)

Lemme guess. 'Murica?

• Like 1

^I still don't understand why do you find EVERY M4A1 without a magazine, or even an empty, default 30 bullet STANAG mag.

Not even asking for instant gun+ammo.

• Like 1

Lemme guess. 'Murica?

Of course. 

OP, Would you rather have a 5.56 M4 or 7.62 SKS in your hands if you needed to defend your home from the invading Russians?

Edited by Highlander007

That amazed me, yes, that should be changed, I switched the SKS for the M4 now, as I just could hit zombies/people over mid distances, either bullet drop I didnt notice yet or it was inaccurate

OP, Would you rather have a 5.56 M4 or 7.62 SKS in your hands if you needed to defend your home from the Russians?

Something to consider is that my shots would sound like theirs making it harder to distinguish me as a non-friendly once shit hits the fan; and if i won somehow, I'd be able to use the rounds I find on their corpses.  I could make a good case for the M4A1 too, big magazines, carbine better for close quarters, relatively common in the US.. 

The SKS would continue to work in the absence of maintenance. Its an age-old argument but not to be overlooked. 

Lets keep this thread about the inaccuracy of this gun as it currently is in the game.

Edited by Mr Jizz

:P

there is nothing illegal about that in murica, its just a stupid thing to do.

Edited by hellcat420

There should be 2 diferent loading animations: long for loose rounds and fast for stripper clip. For both SKS and Mosin. 

The SKS needs a lot of work:

• It should absolutely dominate medium range encounters in the 200-300m range with the PU scope and it currently does not.
  • Players should definitely be allowed to fill the gun with rounds without stripper clips since the mag is built in to the gun design (just like the permanently attached bayonet... oops).
  • While we're on the subject of a wishlist, the SKS has a built in cleaning kit in the buttstock so it would nice to have that back as well.
  • The gun has many actual real world downsides, like the fact that it's much heavier than the AK or M4 and holds less rounds.
  • SKS metal parts (apart from the bolt) are not reflective in real life as it seems in the game. It's all "parkerized" with a matte finish.
  • Like 1

42924-haters-gonna-hate-fat-kid-gif-VHex

..and YES, I manually ejected the first round immediately after the video was stopped.

• Like 1

Why would it be stupid? I'm sorry but I don't know shit about gun laws in the USA, I just know that if you had a gun like that in my country with ammo you could get easily jailed for 3 months at least :p

Why would it be stupid? I'm sorry but I don't know shit about gun laws in the USA, I just know that if you had a gun like that in my country with ammo you could get easily jailed for 3 months at least :P

As long as you have a Class E license (if the gun is fully auto, in which this case it's not) and you aren't waving it around town or firing the gun within city limits, law enforcement won't give a rats ass what you have XD

Agreed. If they're determined to go down this path then the Mosin should only be able to be loaded with a stripper clip. The M4 should be able to chamber a single round as well.

did you paint your SKS? remember the mosin bug when you painted it and it could only chamber one round? IIRC we're seeing the same issue here. 

• Like 1

did you paint your SKS? remember the mosin bug when you painted it and it could only chamber one round? IIRC we're seeing the same issue here. 

I came to this.

Why would it be stupid? I'm sorry but I don't know shit about gun laws in the USA, I just know that if you had a gun like that in my country with ammo you could get easily jailed for 3 months at least :p

Some people think loaded guns are the devil and that intruders will wait for you to arm yourself before raping/killing you.

As for legality, with the proper permits (in a state that doesn't try to suppress the constitution) you can own almost any firearm.

• Like 1

Ok, same bug confirmed. Don't paint your SKS and you wont get the same issue. Hope they fix it before they release it to stable

• Like 1