pythonmsh

If you combat log don't play, quit.

I don't combat log and will take a death like a man but combat logging is no more cowardly than people shooting fresh spawns.  The bottom line is, if you are not killing someone in self defense or for their loot, you should probably go back to playing games like Battlefield and Call of Duty.

I do kill people to take their loot or if they're a threat to me. I won't kill a fresh spawn. In the end you're still defending combat logging. You should consider CoD zombies or even rust like I stated at the start.

Combat logging equals "not playing". What part of that do you not understand?

Combat logging equals not getting killed and playing your own way.  Believe it or not, some people would rather have friendly interactions rather than all out PVP like Call of Duty.

I do kill people to take their loot or if they're a threat to me. I won't kill a fresh spawn. In the end you're still defending combat logging. You should consider CoD zombies or even rust like I stated at the start.

I am defending people playing how they want to.  I don't combat log, so why exactly should I go play a different game?

I am defending people playing how they want to.  I don't combat log, so why exactly should I go play a different game?

You're defending people who cheat... 

show me the rule that says combat logging is cheating.

They aren't cheating and you have 30 seconds to kill them.  It is YOUR fault if you are not actively pursuing them so you are able to find and kill them before the 30 second timer is up.  Maybe you should work on your marksmanship as well.

Combat logging equals not getting killed and playing your own way.  Believe it or not, some people would rather have friendly interactions rather than all out PVP like Call of Duty.

Explain to me how you play the game when not logged in, please.

EDIT: And it's combat logging even if you're not planning to shoot them. Although I don't blame anyone for shooting someone who tries to log during a hold up.

Edited by Strawman

They aren't cheating and you have 30 seconds to kill them.  It is YOUR fault if you are not actively pursuing them so you are able to find and kill them before the 30 second timer is up.  Maybe you should work on your marksmanship as well.

My marksmanship is fine. I hit him a couple times as he was bleeding viciously but he laid down. I've also made numerous 1100m shots in the mod, I think my aim is fine. Still isn't a valid reason to combat logging.

Explain to me how you play the game when not logged in, please.

EDIT: And it's combat logging even if you're not planning to shoot them. Although I don't blame anyone for shooting someone who tries to log during a hold up.

They are just logging out and most likely going to switch servers in hopes of finding less hostile people.  Also, people wouldn't combat log if there wasn't so many douchebags who get their rocks off by killing or attempting to kill every person they come across who isn't in the VOIP group.

My marksmanship is fine. I hit him a couple times as he was bleeding viciously but he laid down. I've also made numerous 1100m shots in the mod, I think my aim is fine. Still isn't a valid reason to combat logging.

Trying to save your own life is a valid reason to combat log.  What is the valid reasoning for sniping someone who isn't aware of your presence and isn't a threat to you?  Oh shit... they are both valid reasons because that is how you choose to play.

Ermmm I may of missed this, so I apologise if I have, but for all of you defending the "combat logger" or whatever you want to call him, and say that he is playing the game his own way, you may want to reread the original post. If you look, OP was only there originally tracking down the guy who had killed his friend. So no doubt, he had gotten the drop on him or something, and feel good about it. However, when the tables are turned on him, he runs off basically?

How can you justify this behaviour then, in which it is ok for him to kill another player, but the moment he may be killed "poof" he disappears? It seems a bit hypocritical  if you ask me. Now I may get flamed for this, and feel free to, honestly everyone has their own opinion, and I don't agree with combat logging, especially in a situation like this where the player caused it.

Now on a side note, how come I never get situations like this lol? Most of the time I get killed by a player all I hear is mosin shot followed by the words "You are dead" I'd love a chance to fight back, or get held up, anything for some actual human interaction rather than running off or sniping me.

• Like 1

Trying to save your own life is a valid reason to combat log.  What is the valid reasoning for sniping someone who isn't aware of your presence and isn't a threat to you?  Oh shit... they are both valid reasons because that is how you choose to play.

I don't understand your logic. Enjoy being a combat logger, I'm fairly sure that you are one. I hope they start banning for it soon enough.

• Like 1

make coward logger BASTARD watch after he hitting panic quit button >:(

lock windows for 30 second show last MOMENTS before game is close WITH NO WAY TO INTERRUPT CHANGE MIND :D

maybe he getting away hide in safe room someplace and bandit don't find where is :(

BUT HE IS FORCE to watch anyway feel the fear of coward finger cross brown trouser 30 second of shame HE NOTICE REDUCE TESTOSTERONE IN SYSTEM :blush:

best if he seeing last moment guy coming in the door gun raise *BANG* going the shotgun and he know next time he log in is no gear beach bum life for him :D

Edited by KoS
  • Like 1

Kind of takes the survival sim element out of the game if survival can be achieved by hitting "exit". At that point- the OP is right. Why play? You're not playing the game.

• Like 1

It's impossible to hit any targets in this game with an M4 from a few hundred meters away.

I don't understand your logic. Enjoy being a combat logger, I'm fairly sure that you are one. I hope they start banning for it soon enough.

They can't ban you for combat logging, since you can never know if it's true or just someone being an asshole and sending fake reports.

I don't combat log, I couldn't care less if you believe me or not, but as far as I know as long as you pay the money you can do whatever the fuck you want.

• Like 2

Combat logging isn't cheating, it is a valid playstyle and everyone does i.... OH WHO ARE WE KIDDING

When Rocket mentioned that this game is "flawed", I'm pretty sure this included exploits like combat logging.

Trying to justify combat logging is incredibly stupid because it ruins the game FOR EVERYONE!

It is like playing doodle or die, an internet drawing game, and having that one asshole scribble random colors instead of actually drawing what was said to draw.

Just sad that people still do this, especially as a fresh spawn.

Kind of takes the survival sim element out of the game if survival can be achieved by hitting "exit". At that point- the OP is right. Why play? You're not playing the game.

running around killing people for the lulz isnt playing the game either, so whats your point? this thread is just as stupid as all of the anti-kos threads.

Combat logging isn't cheating, it is a valid playstyle and everyone does i.... OH WHO ARE WE KIDDING

When Rocket mentioned that this game is "flawed", I'm pretty sure this included exploits like combat logging.

Trying to justify combat logging is incredibly stupid because it ruins the game FOR EVERYONE!

It is like playing doodle or die, an internet drawing game, and having that one asshole scribble random colors instead of actually drawing what was said to draw.

Just sad that people still do this, especially as a fresh spawn.

im pretty sure it also included rampant kos, which is a major cause of combat logging.

They can't ban you for combat logging, since you can never know if it's true or just someone being an asshole and sending fake reports.

I don't combat log, I couldn't care less if you believe me or not, but as far as I know as long as you pay the money you can do whatever the fuck you want.

Only if there was a way to track it. You should enter some sort of combat state after shooting or being shot at. That lasts 2-3 minutes. During that time you can't log out and if you do your character will remain there.

I understand where you're coming from bit it's still cheating. Just because I paid money for this game doesn't mean I should be allowed to cheat and or hack or abuse this game in anyway. 

• Like 1

im pretty sure it also included rampant kos, which is a major cause of combat logging.

and is working other way round :P

many guys shoot without think after seeing too many coward doing combat log :thumbsup:  ;)

• Like 1

some cats just can't handle when someone gets the drop on them.I pride myself on dying in battle if the guy bested me or used a good flank then props to him for outsmarting me. why folks would just quit beats the hell out of me.its worth dying for the rush of adrenaline. when your hands shake even after battle or death I LOVE IT. usually if you leave the area or hang out for a bit but move of course you'll find they're greed will entice them to return or they sometimes ghost to get a better position and then u got'em. don't give up fellas there will be a fix for it. all we can do until then is try and take these cowards gear from them and use it or give it to someone with more honor.

We can all hope that they are able to implement a good system one day.

To people that think you suck if you can't find/kill someone in the 30 seconds they combat logged.  First, it's hard to know if they combat logged or are just hiding around the corner waiting for you to peak around and blast you (especially if they are far away 100+ meters, or in an upper level of a building that you're not in).

To people that think KOS is a problem, people should learn to be a bit more steathly, yes it doesn't always save you but I have found that I am rarely to never seen when I am not actively trying to engage an area.

the mod had rampant kos, the SA has some kos, but justifying combat logging by avoiding kos is ignorant because it is a necessary evil to make the game fun.

Nothing, i mean, NOTHING justifies combat logging.

On another side note about combat loggers, I was "counter-sniping" server hoppers in the Berezino appartments (300-500 meters w/ M4, so not much actually happening).  I saw one server hopper come to the window and after he settled in I took a few shots at him which may or may not have hit.  Sure enough he logged but I was satisfied, no free hopping kills for him on that server.