piggypotpie

Advertising for big money

Good lord, gentlemen. Instead of using Pipsi why don't you solicit some real advertisers and have a real influx of cash?!

Not sure many corporation would like to see their name associated with DayZ and how it reveals the best inside us.

And even if it was the case I'd prefer not to see them ingame. I Don't think money is really an issue right now for BIS...

Edited by Sooke

The last thing i want is Chernarus to be plastered with billboards advertising Axe body spray and Coke products.

• Like 10

The last thing i want is Chernarus to be plastered with billboards advertising Axe body spray and Coke products.

or McDonalds.

If they got real products in the game it would send a bad message about the products. For example: "I used CLOROX bleach to force feed innocent survivors!" Just a thought.

• Like 4

I think some subtle advertising would be fine. I mean I was drinking a Pipsi. Make it a Pepsi can and call it a day.

And the influx of cash would be a real stimulus to get this game finished and polished in a timely manner

Hello there

Dont worry about the devs cashflow, im fairly sure they recouped any costs.

Real world advertisements have been considered and have been put aside.

For the moment its not gonna happen.

rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I think some subtle advertising would be fine. I mean I was drinking a Pipsi. Make it a Pepsi can and call it a day.

And the influx of cash would be a real stimulus to get this game finished and polished in a timely manner

You see, the problem is they wouldn't consider it advertising.  They (Pepsi Co. Coke, Heinz, ect) would want to be PAID for use of their trademark.  Thus fake brands.  Not to mention the possible negative connotations that their brand in a Violent video game could bring.  To use GTA as an example, Imagine if Pepsi/Coke had sponsored GTA3, and then the 'beat a hooker to death' scandal came about, they would want a recall of GTA to remove their products from the game (this was before patching on consoles was common place) not to mention all the possible legal consequences from that.

It's just weird how trademarks work.  Take Union Pacific for example, they are very controlling on what model trains are allowed (legally) to have their livery and other such trademarks, it has to be up to their standards.  Would you want Pepsi making decisions about DayZ?  "Yes Corporate wants it so that Pepsi is the only cure for the Zombie Virus and turns the dead back to life.  Also we want this 'NotaCola' to be the cause of the zombie outbreak."

• Like 1

or McDonalds.

But there ARE McDonalds in Russia. LMAO xD

I think they got enough money from Arma 2 and DayZ standalone sales. Not to mention the people who played dayz and got Arma 3 as well.

They have enough money. Now put some work into the game

Edited by WooTs

Bad press. 

"A game about murder and violence depicting 'human behavior' advertises real life products like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Sprite"... You know how it goes right? Bad rep for those companies.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't know how Bohemia hasn't been sued by large corporations for using the obvious likenesses of licensed products.  

The vehicles particularly come to mind when I say this.  They use licensed vehicles but play on the brand names.  For example, instead of Toyota there is Coyota which is an exact replica of a Toyota pickup except for the name on the tailgate.  There is Datsun pickups that say Sundat on the tailgate, etc.

To me this is dangerous territory for the developers unless there is some sort of permission by the companies they are indirectly portraying.  

To be honest, I don't know how Bohemia hasn't been sued by large corporations for using the obvious likenesses of licensed products.  

The vehicles particularly come to mind when I say this.  They use licensed vehicles but play on the brand names.  For example, instead of Toyota there is Coyota which is an exact replica of a Toyota pickup except for the name on the tailgate.  There is Datsun pickups that say Sundat on the tailgate, etc.

To me this is dangerous territory for the developers unless there is some sort of permission by the companies they are indirectly portraying.  

Parody Rights.

Id rather see some Product like backpacks/Shirts/checked Shirts/canned beans even with a small dayZ Label. The Merchandising posibillitys are fucking endless.

• Like 1

If they got real products in the game it would send a bad message about the products. For example: "I used CLOROX bleach to force feed innocent survivors!" Just a thought.

lol i died.. XD funny stuff

Yes i don't think any large company's would want to be associated with this type of game, a real shame as i would love it but i doubt it is ever going to happen just like you will never get advertising in grand theft auto due to the stigma attached to it.

But there ARE McDonalds in Russia. LMAO xD

1.Its not Russia.

2.Personally I wouldnt like to see any ads in this game, having them on TV every 10 minutes is more than enaugh, and I hate mcdonalds, coke is cool tho.

Edited by So Sexy

Actually, i would like to see some fast food restaurants ingame. They would be a source of food? (Wow Knife, Captain Obvios strikes again)

1.Its not Russia.

2.Personally I wouldnt like to see any ads in this game, having them on TV every 10 minutes is more than enaugh, and I hate mcdonalds, coke is cool tho.

Pepsi is better now a days for me. I USED to like coke but it burns when i drink it, I still like the cherry coke though.

But back on topic i agree i was just pointing it out considering its right around Russia anyways. I like Tacobell better anyways. The food is 10xs better.

Pepsi is better now a days for me. I USED to like coke but it burns when i drink it, I still like the cherry coke though.

But back on topic i agree i was just pointing it out considering its right around Russia anyways. I like Tacobell better anyways. The food is 10xs better.

I recently bought pepsi, just because it was a retro bottle with a hot chick on it (small pleasures of capitalism )

But I try to avoid fast food restaurants because I used to work in one, and they are using cheap labor, abusing those who are in need of money.

I recently bought pepsi, just because it was a retro bottle with a hot chick on it (small pleasures of capitalism )

But I try to avoid fast food restaurants because I used to work in one, and they are using cheap labor, abusing those who are in need of money.

yep, it was like that when i worked as a meat carver for Old Country Buffet to. In fact i accidentally droped a steak on the floor in the kitchen where one of the supervisors was. I sad "we cant server this to the to customers some ones going to get sick." Because the floors are filthy with water, grease and possibly other things. So what does he do? He takes it washes it under the sink and puts it BACK on the other clean steaks and says there is nothing wrong with it. lol i had to serve that steak to a customer and not say a word. yeah fucking gross shit there. : /

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Id rather see some Product like backpacks/Shirts/checked Shirts/canned beans even with a small dayZ Label. The Merchandising posibillitys are fucking endless.

......I have no shame in admitting that i would wear a Taloon Backpack, sponsored by Bohemia.

I yelled at my computer to give you beans when I stopped laughing as I still did not have full control of my body, that would be one hell of an ad campaign.

DayZ Bleach, over 1,000,000 survivors force fed.

Edited by Window Licker