wild_man

Bullet having better AI than ZEDS?

OK

my character cant run through the wall or the fence or the building structure :|

sometime in very rare occasion he glitch through but 99.99999999999% of time wall stop me no problem 

is great, is make me believe environment is real adding to immersion of game :thumbsup:  ;)

but zombie he don't give fucks about the wall or fence or building structure he pass through EVERY TIME like ghost :o

even stupid ZERO AI BULLET realise when he hit wall is something there :blush:

why devs don't find line of code what make this wall stop character and bullet and use same to make wall stopping zeds? :huh:

they talking about pathing of the zeds but they FAIL TO STOP zombie path going through building or wall or fence so why they don't give building and wall and fence property of solid object :)

for me this is serious immersion break issue when you hide in building and zeds coming through 3 walls to make attack :o

Edited by KoS
  • Like 2

It will happen mate, It is early days.

Zombies need some serious work in a lot of respects.  we need a lot more too, as a valid threat to players, people aint gonna shoot their guns off as care free if they are then tracked down and chased by 20 (A dream I know) zombies, not inc' players.

• Like 3

The terrible, unpolished zombies make the PvE aspect of this game clunky, frustrating, and not fun. Sometimes you'll hit, sometimes you won't, sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. You can't hide in buildings from them as they are like, zombie goasts and zoom right through the walls and doors to get to you. The only real way to deal with them is an annoying strafe tactic while hitting them if you have one of the incredibly useless melee weapons and not an axe.

Even when they fix the zombie pathing, PvE and melee PvP will still suffer from the clunkiness. The new animations are a start, but it still feels unrealistic and lacks any sort of "oomph" to it. It forces you to constantly move around instead of being able to effectively hit something with the damn thing.

• Like 1

It will happen mate, It is early days.

Zombies need some serious work in a lot of respects.  we need a lot more too, as a valid threat to players, people aint gonna shoot their guns off as care free if they are then tracked down and chased by 20 (A dream I know) zombies, not inc' players.

I realise there is many things need improve about zombie and other things :)

is early days for sure and I am patient for wait is alpha etc :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

but zeds ignore physics go through walls is easy to do quick fix just give same rules to zombie for the walls like they giving to character and bullet :huh:

this making improve player experience and they can look for better permanent solution after ;)

I kind of like that the Zombies go through the walls. I just wish I had my Proton Pack and trap with me.

• Like 2

While the zombie path finding is still far from perfect, have y'all noticed that now the zombies won' run through exterior walls around yards and such? They still ghost into houses, but if I'm in a closed off yard or something it seems like the zombies actually use gates and alleyways to reach me instead of just running through.

Anyone else noticed this improvement?

There was a devblog about this somewhere in the summer. Dig that up and read.

why devs don't find line of code what make this wall stop character and bullet and use same to make wall stopping zeds? :huh:

One line of code.

k buddy.

• Like 1

One line of code.

k buddy.

even if is 200 page of code is not point :huh:

they must MAKE ZOMBIE RECOGNISE WALL EXIST!!! >:(

even if is 200 page of code is not point :huh:

they must MAKE ZOMBIE RECOGNISE WALL EXIST!!! > :(

They WILL GET AROUND TO IT EVENTUALLY :thumbsup: B)

Sample text. :thumbsup: :huh:

Sample text :thumbsup: :o

Sample text. :thumbsup: <_< see what I did there?

Also yes that kind of is the point.  Finding any amount of error code in your source that is no doubt over 10,000 lines is a bitch.  Maybe the devs will invite you to the studio where you can sit down and skim through 10k+ lines of code to find all of the possible errors that cause zombies to clip through walls.  Do it in less than an hour and break nothing else while you're in there.

Ya know.  Since it's so simple.

Edited by Mdogg2005

OK

my character cant run through the wall or the fence or the building structure :|

sometime in very rare occasion he glitch through but 99.99999999999% of time wall stop me no problem 

is great, is make me believe environment is real adding to immersion of game :thumbsup:  ;)

but zombie he don't give fucks about the wall or fence or building structure he pass through EVERY TIME like ghost :o

even stupid ZERO AI BULLET realise when he hit wall is something there :blush:

they talking about pathing of the zeds but they FAIL TO STOP zombie path going through building or wall or fence so why they don't give building and wall and fence property of solid object :)

for me this is serious immersion break issue when you hide in building and zeds coming through 3 walls to make attack :o

The issues are no worse than your grammar.  

• Like 1

The issues are no worse than your grammar.  

There is actually a maximum number of emoticons allowed per post.  He hits it every time and I'm sure that's after removing a few he wanted to include.

Edited by Mdogg2005

Ending every sentence with a  :)  :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

• Like 1

Ending every sentence with a  :)  :thumbsup:

:facepalm:

Hey some people consider emoticons to be valid substitutes for punctuation marks.

I remember watching a pre-alpha video where the zeds were MUCH better than what they are now.. The only thing they did not have in place seemed to be the environment detection. So I have to presume that they dialed the zeds back on purpose to work on other issues, and in the hopes of getting them to properly track fences, buildings, walls, etc..

Heck bullets have better AI than the majority of posters on these forums.  Remove the A of course  :P

I like the way KoS uses emoticons....

Annnnnnyway.  I wouldn't mind Zombies being moved to the top of the "need to fix" list.  The wall clipping is bad for multiple reasons, and I've actually been killed by players because zombies couldn't walk up stairs (to slow down their climb up).

• Like 1

Hello there

You do surprise me Kos, you trolling us?

Zeds are being "rewritten" from the ground up. It will take time.

Why would they spend time and therefore money to  less than half fix the buggy and useless zeds?

Have some patience.

Rgds

L

• Like 1

Hello there

Why would they spend time and therefore money to  less than half fix the buggy and useless zeds?

Have some patience.

Rgds

L

I don't do troll topic never orlok :|

for me is genuine mystery thing why character and bullet stop on the wall but zombie don't :huh:

What I would love to see from the devs is a bit more openness on what some of the technical challenges are in implementing some of these things, because to the average observer OP has a very valid point.  Why does something that would seem so obviously easy to us be so challenging?  Why do walls stop players and bullets, but not zeds?

Loot respawning is the other challenge I'd really like to understand a bit better.  I keep hearing that the big challenge here is that the solution would impact server performance, but I have no idea why.  Is the way loot works going to be fundamentally changed?

Hello there

Have some patience.

Rgds

L

I actually didn't know they were being completely re-worked.  That's awesome!  You have my patience.

• Like 1

What I would love to see from the devs is a bit more openness on what some of the technical challenges are in implementing some of these things, because to the average observer OP has a very valid point.  Why does something that would seem so obviously easy to us be so challenging?  Why do walls stop players and bullets, but not zeds?

Loot respawning is the other challenge I'd really like to understand a bit better.  I keep hearing that the big challenge here is that the solution would impact server performance, but I have no idea why.  Is the way loot works going to be fundamentally changed?

Hello there

There IS transparency but folk do not try to find the info for themselves and so the same topics crop up again and again, although KoS does put a new spin on the topic,

Check the dev tracker here, we cant really do much more to furnish our members with all the info.

Rgds

LoK

i would just rather ask a simple question and get a simple answer. ....... 
when will zombies not walk through walls. ?  

no trolling , 

no "searching for 3 hours on the internet for something relevant". ... im sure the answer is out there..... but im a busy man..... 

no rage quitting because the game is  a bit broken .......   

just asking, ....