airfell

Survey: How many of you played the Mod or ArmaII/III?

As the title states- How many Standalone Players played the DayZ Mod, Arma II, Arma III and/or the Wasteland mods?

I ask because I get the feeling many here and in game didn't play any of the above. Not that that's a bad thing, just curious.

I have only played the DayZ Epoch mod but that wasn't until after putting in about 100 hours into the standalone.

Play A3 & wasteland.

As for the Mod, my only experience was watching a sh*t-tonne of youtube vids wishing I had a PC to play it.

Fuck Wasteland or Altis Life, I play ARMA 3 for the combat, editor and it's campaign.

+Being able to port DayZ SA to it and mess with gamefiles and do experiments with vehicles in Chernarus+ almost seems a privilege.

I've been around since Operation Flashpoint.

That's going waaay back.

600px-OFP_AK74_1.jpg

• Like 4

Hello there

Many Dayz players havnt played all of the games in the series but there are quite a few of us milsimers who have.

OFP/VBS1/Arma 1-3/ToH/DAYZ Mod and SA.

Never played the console port of OFP though.

Rgds

LoK

oops and IFL!!!

Edited by orlok
  • Like 2

Hello there

Many Dayz players havnt played all of the games in the series but there are quite a few of us milsimers who have.

OFP/VBS1/Arma 1-3/ToH/DAYZ Mod and SA.

Never played the console port of OFP though.

Rgds

LoK

There was a console port?!

*googles*

That must've been awful!

[EDIT: Actually, it doesn't look that bad. Considering the tech of the time.]

Edited by Rhodes

i played the dayz mod, tried to play arma2 but couldnt even make it 5 mins into the tutoral before i quit playing, the horrible voiceovers made me want to hang myself. wont even consider playing arma3.

I went backwards actually, I normally hate FPS games but my friends talked me into Dayz SA I love it but honestly mostly play when they are online.  So I grabbed the mod recently and play it some now also.

Actually, my ARMA 3 copy included Operation Flashpoint, I tried it a couple days ago after geting bored of every game I have.

I played 15 minutes..

And left in fear and confusion.

• Like 1

I had played Operation Flashpoint way back when, and I'd also played ArmA 2 before.

I then purchased ArmA 2 back when I heard about DayZ in the end of May/beginning of June of 2012. I've probably put over 1500 hours into ArmA 2, and DayZ mod since then, so I've had my fair share of time playing the mod in the past few years.

I gave the A3 version a shot around its initial release, but it was just too buggy for me, and the A2 version was leaps and bounds ahead, so I never really put any time into the ArmA 3 version.

• Like 2

The nice thing about the entire series is that every game was/is open to modding. There has always been a zombie mod for each game, but obviously none have been as successful as Day Z. Just before Day Z popped onto the scene, myself and many others were playing a zombie mod...can't remember the name, but it used "TAW - Tonic's" zeds.

Anyway. Below is a video some guy made a number of years ago showcasing the zombie mods from the OFP days.

I recommend turning the sound down or off as the music he uses is rather lame.

• Like 1

I've played: Arma II, Arma II: OA, DayZ Mod, DayZ Epoch, DayZ Origins and many of the DayZ Mod maps: Utes, Lingor (jungle island based DayZ), Takistan, Fallujah, Namalsk, Taviana and Panthera. My personal favorite off-brand DayZ mods/maps have probably been DayZ Origins (includes the Taviana map), Lingor and Takistan.

I've been playing all of DayZ's incarnations since about June 2012

Edited by Gekkonidae

I played first arma 2 then dayz mod after wasteland then arma 3 and now also SA  ;)

mod was best because I was expect something shit but this game blow my mind was incredible and I play nothing different FOR MANY MONTHS was addict for this shit  :D

Now I play many games because I am bored with the mod now and I love SA but I playing only sometime not same like mod every day :|

I wait for more feature and for bug fix because I don't want to feel boring before game is finish ;)

I've played: Arma II, Arma II: OA, DayZ Mod, DayZ Epoch, DayZ Origins and many of the DayZ Mod maps: Utes, Lingor (jungle island based DayZ), Takistan, Fallujah, Namalsk, Taviana and Panthera. My personal favorite off-brand DayZ mods/maps have probably been DayZ Origins (includes the Taviana map), Lingor and Takistan.

I've been playing all of DayZ's incarnations since about June 2012

My group and I has some amazing times in Tavi. Long story short we found a server that two big gaming clans used for GvG combat on each island... we were the guerrillas. 3 of us vs. at least 15 in each other team.

I too have been around since OFP.

When I'm alone in the woods in the SA I get some flashback from the "After Montignac" mission from the campaign.

Such an outstanding mission, I think like many others people it's my all time favorite.

There was a console port?!

*googles*

That must've been awful!

[EDIT: Actually, it doesn't look that bad. Considering the tech of the time.]

It was quite good, not dubbed down at all. The only downside I can remember, despite the lack of mouse and keyboard, was the fact you had a certain amount of point in the mission editor.

Each unit or object would "consume" x amount of point. So you could not create really big mission like on PC.

And no mods of course...

BTW, are you Rhodesy on the BI forum ?

Edited by Sooke

I too have been around since OFP.

When I'm alone in the woods in the SA I get some flashback from the "After Montignac" mission from the campaign.

Such an outstanding mission, I think like many others people it's my all time favorite.

It was quite good, not dubbed down at all. The only downside I can remember, despite the lack of mouse and keyboard, was the fact you had a certain amount of point in the mission editor.

Each unit or object would "consume" x amount of point. So you could not create really big mission like on PC.

And no mods of course...

BTW, are you Rhodesy on the BI forum ?

Yeah, I looked it up on youtube and was surprised to see how decent it looked. I was expecting something really watered down and crappy, but it looked like a fair port. Weird that the editor was changed like that though.

And neg. I haven't logged into the BI forum in so long I don't even remember my username.

I guess it was due to console technical restrictions, lack of memory or something like that.

I also remember changing the view distance was altering points you had. Default was, say, 6000 points and 1.2Km view distance. You could raise the VD up to 2000m but then you only had 4500 points left.

It was quite frustrating we you were used to the freedom of the PC version.

----

Ah well I thought I knew you, my bad.

Played OPF, Arma 2, Arma 3, DayZ mod and DayZ SA.

Been playing for a very long time.

I try to get a few hours on the SA each day but its hard cause of work etc.

Hi.

I bought 0pF the day after it hit the shelves in my country(in a way I curse it since it made just about every other FPS utter crap for me). Followed by the Resistance expansion. Then ArmA 1,2,3, including expansions, and wayyy too many mods to list(or even remember lol).

Oh and yes spent many hours playing the DayZ mod and some of the modded versions.

Regards.

As the title states- How many Standalone Players played the DayZ Mod, Arma II, Arma III and/or the Wasteland mods?

I ask because I get the feeling many here and in game didn't play any of the above. Not that that's a bad thing, just curious.

Yes, I played Arma 2 and most of the Dayz mods... except "broken point". 

Also, I agree with your presumption. Most people seem to have watched Frankies videos, rather than came from the mods, and into the SA.

never played op flashpoint

played everything else

arma 2 modded is still the best of all tbh