Sign in to follow this  
wmike20052

How long before we get another map?

I doubt the dev team will create another map, and I doubt modding will be opened up for quite some time.

If you seriously want another map, you're probably looking at over a year wait until the game is fully released, and modding capabilities are added, then you'll have to wait through the process of another team to develop a new map, etc, etc. It's a extremely long process.

dude crack open arma 3 and play Breaking point ...

then come back and retract your statement...

Altis is like double the size or something!?

i stopped playing breaking point a3, even though it is 10x better than SA in every way (vehicles, accurate weapons, ballistics, custom shit, etc) except for the MAP. i fucking hate altis...

Edited by deebz1234

I think Chernaraus sp? Is just too big for me.

This is tiny...it should be like 25 x 25km if i was in charge > :(

The place just covers the area around my hometown...i don't even need a car if i had to cover the area in an apocalypse.

Edited by Enforcer

I do believe that this current map is too small, I understand the time it takes to create such a map. But hopefully in future after the release we can expect some larger maps or modifications etc.

You are probably in the extreme minority with that opinion, OP.

• Like 1

Go play the mod, loads of maps.

With rocket leaving I doubt we will get that urban map he mentioned now, at least from him.

bumping this thread to put in a vote for Namalsk , I loved that map on the mod.

Yea i played the Undead Mod on Arma 2 with Namalsk alot, it had that gritty vibe that i loved. 

If anything this map is too small, way too small. I can traverse east/west or north/south in 1-2 hours. And sure as shit, no matter when or where I log in, even when there are only 3/40 people on, I run into another player. 

If anything this map is too small, way too small. I can traverse east/west or north/south in 1-2 hours. And sure as shit, no matter when or where I log in, even when there are only 3/40 people on, I run into another player. 

Think it's more like 15-20min if just running.  It may be even less than that, but I have never timed it.

Nowhere near 1-2 hours though.

I agree... it's small.

I doubt the dev team will create another map, and I doubt modding will be opened up for quite some time.

If you seriously want another map, you're probably looking at over a year wait until the game is fully released, and modding capabilities are added, then you'll have to wait through the process of another team to develop a new map, etc, etc. It's a extremely long process.

A year wait until the game is fully released? Haven't you heard? Game will enter beta stage at the end of this year. So I could say we can expect the game to be released fully in about the near end of 2015.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Hi,

Without being mean I think you are out of luck and this might not be the game for you.

They are developing this game with one map and this map will be being developed and added to over a long period of time (years, not exaggerating)

So I would suck it up and learn to love it as I promise the game play gets better the more you learn.

If you find that you are getting frustrated and annoyed because you are dying this is a good thing and just power through it as you are learning about the game and how it works.

Yes the Map is massive but I can go from east to west in around 30mins running at full speed when my character has eaten and drunk plenty.

If you give up you merely are depriving yourself of the ability to learn something new.

If you want a smaller map they will not be catering to you for many years and even then it most likely wont happen.

I mean this with all sincerity, power through the frustrating times and learn from it and this will make you a master of this game eventually.

• Like 1

If I had to be reckless, I'd say at full release.

With the kind of success, it would be logical for the dev team to target a new map for the official release one and a half year from now. We'll have been playing Chernarus since 2012 and since we're playing the game through out development, at full release, there'll be little left for the long time players and a new map at this point, would completely reset the learning curve. Sure we'll still know most of the gameplay mechanics, but lots of this knowledge is tied to knowing exactly where to locate the type of loot you need.

Rocket needs to get Ivan working on it ASAP.  ;)

I'd rather they'd enlarge the present map and completely randomise the spawn points tbh, although I'd love to see an SA version of Namalsk complete with strange voices and even bloodsuckers. When vehicles (even bikes) come in, Chernarus will get a lot smaller.

The map is NOWHERE near done yet. They plan on adding tones of things and i hope that eventually every single place will be an interesting one to travel to as well as a practical and vital spot to find things.

I never thought i'd say it, but in all honesty i'd be all for vehicles & camps out in the debug plains again..

I never thought i'd say it, but in all honesty i'd be all for vehicles & camps out in the debug plains again..

Man I want the developers to fill those plains! :D

A year wait until the game is fully released? Haven't you heard? Game will enter beta stage at the end of this year. So I could say we can expect the game to be released fully in about the near end of 2015.

• Like 1

whenever_someone_tells_me_that_im_retard

To clear any confusion, the gif is directed towards me.

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 1

I agree, the map is too small and when you played the Mod its obvious tzhat youll get bored fast with 80% of the map. I need usually around 45 mins from one end of the map to the other (+10/15 mins).

Would be nice if the current state is only 1 quarter of the real deal, also playing then on 100 player server would just fit the absolute perfection.

//just my 0,02$

I agree, the map is too small and when you played the Mod its obvious tzhat youll get bored fast with 80% of the map. I need usually around 45 mins from one end of the map to the other (+10/15 mins).

Would be nice if the current state is only 1 quarter of the real deal, also playing then on 100 player server would just fit the absolute perfection.

//just my 0,02$

This is why I hope that the developers use the empty plains north of Chernarus  ;)