tamingatche91

Do you leave your morality at the door?

For those who play DayZ: Standalone do you play it while acting how you would act in real life. What I mean is does your real life sense of morality affect how you choose to interact with players or do you just play it and not get hung up about shooting that fresh spawn for his can of beans?

Personally I hate shooting players on DayZ SA. I've only ever killed 4 people and I only played it for 2 weeks before my computer broke (I will be returning soon enough). My first kill was outside Balota Airfield (The town near it) when this random asian fresh spawn came at me punching like Mike Tyson and no matter how much I made it clear I was friendly I was losing blood and had to beat him down with a baseball bat.

My 2nd and 3rd kill came about because of someone I had teamed up with was just crazy and picked a fight with everyone. Naturally they ran but one guy came back with a friend before I could work up the courage to just run (i was afraid he'd start on me next if I tried to leave) so that ended in a street battle where I beat them both down while my companion screamed into his mic (it was mad gibberish) and was pretty much useless when it came to blows.

4th kill came about in an airfield hidden near some woods. I had an M4 and some ammo and had let my guard down for a second to loot when this axe toting nutjob came in hacking so I shot him.

Unfortunetely for me my real life mental condition makes me get hung up on the small things. That first and last fellows I killed were totally unreasonable but because of present company I ended up having to pretty much kill on sight because of him so thanks to the mentalness of my mind I felt like a dick.

Does anyone feel bad for killing people or do you just enjoy KoSing. Post and brag or admit to the unsatisfying conclusion to what could have been a friendly encounter?

• Like 2

For those who play DayZ: Standalone do you play it while acting how you would act in real life.

Most...don't. Bullet holes in my belly are proof enough...

Good topic. I understand what you feel completely, however how I interact with players in this game does not reflect my personality most of the time.

For me, I do leave my morality at the door most of the time. I can have days where I KOS, I can have days where I help out fresh spawns, I can have days where I completely betray a person.

I've met some awesome people in this game who I could have never interacted with if I would have shot them on sight. However, for me a game is a game. You have the opportunity to be a different person and that is what I do. Example: If I see a woman in this game come running at me screaming for help and yelling she's friendly, she will get a bullet to the brain. If it's real life, its a completely different situation.

I love this game because you can mess around a lot. You can be betrayed or surprised in so many ways.. I think I will never get bored of it.

• Like 1

For those who play DayZ: Standalone do you play it while acting how you would act in real life. What I mean is does your real life sense of morality affect how you choose to interact with players

ABSOLUTLY YES. OF COURSE.

I would never rape a person IRL and i will never do it in the game. this is just discusting. (guys make me sick when i watch Videos of it in the game).

Edited by Ozar
  • Like 3

Dayz is just a game. I'm really a humble person in real life though in game I'm a ruthless bandit, why? Simple it's just a game I look at everyone in game as some kind of threat or competition so it's in my best interest to eliminate as many people as possible. Whether people like to think so or not DayZ is a pvp game. In real life I wouldn't act the same as I do in dayz because I truly couldn't hurt a fly.

• Like 2

Ive heard psychologists discuss this subject... the interesting part to me was the unexpected support for being violent in a game. Most stated that for adults, its a healthy release for stress and tension. 

So, yes.. Dayz is my therapy. I kill a lot. 

• Like 1

Dayz is just a game. I'm really a humble person in real life though in game I'm a ruthless bandit, why? Simple it's just a game I look at everyone in game as some kind of threat or competition so it's in my best interest to eliminate as many people as possible. Whether people like to think so or not DayZ is a pvp game. In real life I wouldn't act the same as I do in dayz because I truly couldn't hurt a fly.

But you dont mind at all to ruin the game experience for others. so that tells very much about your Person in IRL, too. You probalby the Kind of Person that thinks its funny if somebody gets hurt or fells from the chair in the Office. COMPASSION is the key word

Edited by Ozar

For those who play DayZ: Standalone do you play it while acting how you would act in real life. What I mean is does your real life sense of morality affect how you choose to interact with players or do you just play it and not get hung up about shooting that fresh spawn for his can of beans?

Personally I hate shooting players on DayZ SA. I've only ever killed 4 people and I only played it for 2 weeks before my computer broke (I will be returning soon enough). My first kill was outside Balota Airfield (The town near it) when this random asian fresh spawn came at me punching like Mike Tyson and no matter how much I made it clear I was friendly I was losing blood and had to beat him down with a baseball bat.

My 2nd and 3rd kill came about because of someone I had teamed up with was just crazy and picked a fight with everyone. Naturally they ran but one guy came back with a friend before I could work up the courage to just run (i was afraid he'd start on me next if I tried to leave) so that ended in a street battle where I beat them both down while my companion screamed into his mic (it was mad gibberish) and was pretty much useless when it came to blows.

4th kill came about in an airfield hidden near some woods. I had an M4 and some ammo and had let my guard down for a second to loot when this axe toting nutjob came in hacking so I shot him.

Unfortunetely for me my real life mental condition makes me get hung up on the small things. That first and last fellows I killed were totally unreasonable but because of present company I ended up having to pretty much kill on sight because of him so thanks to the mentalness of my mind I felt like a dick.

Does anyone feel bad for killing people or do you just enjoy KoSing. Post and brag or admit to the unsatisfying conclusion to what could have been a friendly encounter?

When I'm trying to survive in a gunfight I generally do in-game what I figure I'd do in real life. Try it, it'll dramatically increase your lifespan. As far as behavior, I'm 99% sure no one on these forums kills on sight in real life...

• Like 2

i am sooo glad that there are no childs in the game. imagine what sick Videos would appear on YouTube

( i get sick and angry just by thinking of that)

thanks dean that you havent

Edited by Ozar

I distinguish between morality and humanity.

In a world without a hierarchical society, authority figures, police men and moms, there's no one to shake their finger at you and tell you've you been a naughty boy. There's only whatever's left of your humanity to guide your decisions and to keep you alive.

• Like 1

I find I can't play a douche-bag bandit/KOS style. I end up playing roughly how I think I would act in the hypothetical apocalypse. It can be frustrating though.

I was in the "office" building at the Berenzino lumber mill. I was pretty well geared, ammo, food, a couple can openers, etc. I had an extra sks in my hands. An obviously fairly new spawn logged in downstairs. I kept my guard up but started talking to him. He claimed to be cool and told me his buddy was logging in nearby. When his buddy came I told them I would help. I kept my distance but gave them food and water. I then told them I would give one the EMPTY sks and the other a spare fire-ax. I never turned my back and always kept a weapon in hand. They were being kind of quiet. I suspected some Team Speak going on and wasn't happy. They managed to get on either side of me. I backed into a small room with my ax out. The fools rushed and I got my loaded sks out and wasted them both. It was such a clumsy attempt at banditry. I was all amped up but I had to laugh too. I would have helped these guys get geared up too. So pointless but it has been one of the most interesting experiences I've had on the game. I will continue to try and help people but very carefully.

Edited by CautiousFriendly
  • Like 1

For those who play DayZ: Standalone do you play it while acting how you would act in real life. 

I started off playing the same way. Very friendly, helpful. Only shot when shot upon. 

However, that quickly changed. Of course, this depends on the area of map I'm in too. East, middle, north all see more friendlier people. South however, is every man for him self. 

If I'm / we're in the South. We now kill everyone with a weapon. This is because everyone with a weapon has tried to kill everyone they see.

We even had a "real life" friend in our group... he decided to turn against us. Traitor. His brother died. They lost. All ended well... for us.

Do I feel bad? No. There is no right or wrong way to play this game. Every dies. Even new spawns if they are rude, ignorant, abusive or liars :-)

Ive heard psychologists discuss this subject... the interesting part to me was the unexpected support for being violent in a game. Most stated that for adults, its a healthy release for stress and tension. 

Irish? Who said it's a healthy release of tension?! Every big fire fight we get into... is tense as hell. Hearts start pumping! This game is a hazard for ones health! I don't believe I'll live past 30 at this rate.

Edited by jumling
  • Like 2

Clearly when hearing some of the youtubers a lot of players become dayz warriors the second they have the M4 and/or the hand over a situation. I personally haven't had many encounters but I cant see myself starting to bully other players as we see so often, maybe a few hundred hours into the game I will too... that's the nature of PVP in Dayz....

Clearly when hearing some of the youtubers a lot of players become dayz warriors the second they have the M4 and/or the hand over a situation. I personally haven't had many encounters but I cant see myself starting to bully other players as we see so often, maybe a few hundred hours into the game I will too... that's the nature of PVP in Dayz....

owofbjF.jpg

Hour 447:

I feel somehow different now. Everyone I see is after my beans. I can hear them everywhere, stalking me. They'll never have them. Never!

*pew pew pew pew pew pew pew*

• Like 7

owofbjF.jpg

Hour 447:

man you have my compassion. poor lonely man.

if you need a person to talk to. tell me.

• Like 1

But you dont mind at all to ruin the game experience for others. so that tells very much about your Person in IRL, too. You probalby the Kind of Person that thinks its funny if somebody gets hurt or fells from the chair in the Office. COMPASSION is the key word

Oh yeah just like in counter strike if I pick the terrorist side That means in real life I wanna join the Talaban and fly a plane into a building right?

• Like 1

I dont care if someone super sensitive gets there jimmies rustled over a video game, its a game and I'm going to treat it as such killing people is what I enjoy doing in this game so its what I'm going to do.

• Like 2

I'm a boyscout at heart.

:(

I simply can't act evil in a computer game. Or, to be more precise, I can't enjoy acting evil in a computer game. Not even in RPGs where only NPCs are involved. Sad, I know.

Sometimes I get killed for being "too nice". I don't care though. I simply won't let other players dictate a play style to me I don't enjoy.

• Like 7

@execpro22

okey, i think you have a point there !

SORRY if i got personally. didnt mean to insult you SORRY.

But thats the way i feel. Most people start to act weird in the game.

IRL they cannot stand to watch a butcher killing a pig but in Dayz they do much more discusting things just because its "just digital".

i dont think that is right. I promise you that they are players out there that always wished that they could do IRL what they are doing in Dayz right now.

i am not talking about saving your live because a gun points at you.

ABSOLUTLY YES. OF COURSE.

I would never rape a person IRL and i will never do it in the game. this is just discusting. (guys make me sick when i watch Videos of it in the game).

Anything you see people doing in games like this they WOULD do in real life.

The only thing stopping them is their fear of punishment.

No matter how much they try and say otherwise. if they thought to experience it in here it is in their psychology period. Sure they may control themselves irl now but if lawlessness and anarchy were the way of the day I can promise wanna be warlords and KOS assholes and rape gangs would spring up in hours of the fall.

Most humans fall to their predatory nature so easily when they think no one is looking or that those that are cannot stop them...

One can choose to rise above our animal nature and use ethics rather than subjective morality. Morality is a lie.

I dont care if someone super sensitive gets there jimmies rustled over a video game, its a game and I'm going to treat it as such killing people is what I enjoy doing in this game so its what I'm going to do.

It is a game indeed. You have a firm grasp on the obvious. It does say something about you that you find enjoyment in intentionally aggravating other people. Jerks like you do add some interesting elements to the game though. It adds to the realism because I deal with ass hats like you everyday in real life and they would exist in the apocalypse. As a long as everyone isn't a douche-bag like you, it's fine. Just because there is room for you in the game doesn't change what you are, a selfish wannabe bad ass.

Edited by CautiousFriendly

It is a game indeed. You have a firm grasp on the obvious. It does say something about you that you find enjoyment in intentionally aggravating other people. Jerks like you do add some interesting elements to the game though. It adds to the realism because I deal with ass hats like you everyday in real life and they would exist in the apocalypse. As a long as everyone isn't a douche-bag like, it's fine. Just because there is room for you in the game doesn't change what you are, a selfish wannabe bad ass.

thank you.

It is a game indeed. You have a firm grasp on the obvious. It does say something about you that you find enjoyment in intentionally aggravating other people. Jerks like you do add some interesting elements to the game though. It adds to the realism because I deal with ass hats like you everyday in real life and they would exist in the apocalypse. As a long as everyone isn't a douche-bag like you, it's fine. Just because there is room for you in the game doesn't change what you are, a selfish wannabe bad ass.

I like killing people in a game where PvP is one of the biggest factors, I must be a douche-bag in real life~ 

• Like 3