crazyandlazy

Yesterday I shot at a guy who happens to be drinking at a pump that

was near me.

He yelled "What the hell dude. Why are you shooting?"

which urged me to not rest until he is dead.

Anyone else feels that way? Like when I hear the magical word of "I'm friendly" but I do not like the tone of his voice or how he moves around, I want to off the dude that said it.

I don't know about all that, but If I hear any protest from the person I'm trying to kill, my adrenaline surges and I have no choice but to finish the job. Otherwise, I'd have to explain myself, and who want's to do that? 

was near me.

Anyone else feels that way? Like when I hear the magical word of "I'm friendly" but I do not like the tone of his voice or how he moves around, I want to off the dude that said it.

I don't know about all that, but If I hear any protest from the person I'm trying to kill my adrenaline surges and I have no choice but to finish the job. Otherwise, I'd have to explain myself, and who want's to do that? 

I did have fun. I like killing people in this game. I am friendly if I am not in Electro though. That or they are new spawn with no threat.

lol it's a game.

It's a game is a lame excuse, players who disrespect you in game are the same people who disrespect you in real life.

The honest truth? boredom, i had nothing to do for an hour until i saw this thread.

yeah we both concluded in messages that it was pure boredom on both parties... 

Word chess is a great time killer!

I am your audience who you are trying to convey an idea to. You should care because people will not read it if its written like aten year old. There are just too many other posts in the forum for them to try to decipher a very convoluted writing style.

Or are you just posting these topics just so you can read them back to yourself?

and yet here you are responding annnnnd...

Your response alludes to fully understanding what i wrote,

also If you do not feel like reading my post, then you are not the audience i am trying to convey an idea too

but seeing as you did respond, and you did understand... well im sorry to say but 

You just made your own argument.... invalid 

also my pants are on fire  <--- this is probably not true 

(yes it is)

Edited by Vertoxis

You are 40 years old, and can't spell worth a damn. Congratulations.

On-topic: Some people might get, you know, just a tad frustrated, if they get killed on sight, especially in a game such as Day Z where you can put several hours into a character. Yes, "don't get attached to your gear" is a great philosophy, and most of the time death in Day Z is one's own fault,  but that doesn't remove the fact that getting killed on-sight might just be a little aggravating. No interaction, no communication, just a bullet/axe/fist....like what was described in the OP's post. To me, in my own honest opinion, KOS is something that could kill this game.

Not PvP: PvP is great! Just the utter pants-on-head assfuckery that is KOS. I sincerely hope that further updates brings activities that preclude KOS, and lead to some more teamwork.

Where are of you no kill on sight players playing?

I am a 53 year old disabled vet. (USMC)

I heard about DayZ and thought that that sounds really cool.

So I thought I would buy the game get to know people make friends.

Not more than 5 minutes after logging in having no clue as to how to play, someone comes up to me hey how are you doing?

So I am trying to find out how to communicate with this person, and he commences to beat my ass into the ground.

I go unconscious, when I wake up I get beat unconscious again,

I wake up and hear someone say you take care of the zombie I will take care of him,

I go unconscious again, when I wake up I hear “stay down bitch”, and go unconscious.

At this point I say to my self well this really sucks so I log off.

After a while I log back on and actually get to run around exploring (I love exploring) after a while I see another player who just kills me for no reason.

So I know from meeting an admin on a RUST server that voice chat is very important and that I could host my own server.

So great I buy a Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound

I even lease a server and log in to it.

So I am running around learning how to play when the screen goes black and says you are dead.

So I think WTF is there any one who plays DayZ who actually wants to meet people and have fun playing a game (guess not)

I have been playing for 11 days now and have met 2 players that actually spoke to me.

Unfortunately they had a strong Asian accent and I have a nasal defect which even though I was born in Omaha Nebraska makes me sound like some Hill Billy that crawled out from under a rock made it hard for us to communicate.

Every one else I have met I never got to meet I was just killed on sight.

So if you can get over my nasal defect and don’t mind talking to some one who sounds like a Hill Billy I really would like to know where you non kill on sight players are playing.

-snip-

I tend to get away, and stay away, from the coast, just on principle alone. Seriously, if you stay on the coast, you will find zero loot, as well as 90% of the players on a server at any given time, 90% of who will beat you to death/ shoot you dead for little reason. The smart players get out of Dodge early, and go become grizzled Mountain Men up by Vybor. 

Plus, don't run up to people while screaming "FRIENDLY". it is aggravating, and, sadly, not too many people will believe you, as they probably got burned in the past by some buttnugget. Stay calm, cool, and collected, and keep a low profile (don't have a weapon in hand, or have the weapon held at rest). It is best to make voice/chat contact first, as most people will react negatively once surprised. Make contact via voice/chat, THEN reveal yourself. 

Also, don't be a buttnugget once contact has been made. If the other player sounds/behaves like a fuckhead, be calm, but get out of there safely as soon as you can. Don't insult/provoke other people, for the reason stated above.

Pretty much, you want to avoid drawing attention to yourself as much as possible. Remember your military training, and try to implement those tactics you learned as much as possible. Don't run down the center of a street, walk/jog in the treeline just to the side of the road. Don't derp (generally do stupid things, like running full-tilt) through a town or city, you will attract attention (both players and zombies) like nobodies business. Peek around the corners of buildings first, to look out for danger. Avoid high-value loot locations (supermarkets, hospitals, major weapon spawns, etc. There is a map online that is very helpful) like the plague, unless absolutely necessary. You can find literally everything you need to survive in the smaller towns north and west of the coast / major cities.

Plus, the scenery is beautiful out there. I sat and watched the sun set over the mountains today south of Zelengorsk today, and it was amazing.

Don't worry, this game has a steep learning curve, is all.

I have this insatiable urge to murder little prepubescents and squeak-teens. And anyone with a vaguely eastern-European accent.
The former, because they are annoying and usually lack any semblance of self-awareness. The latter because ... On the off chance that they are Russian, they will eventually draw arms on you.

Profiling aside, you are all pigs wearing human skin. I'll kill anyone if it advances my cause. 

Edited by Rudette

I have this insatiable urge to murder little prepubescents and squeak-teens. And anyone with a vaguely eastern-European accent.

The former, because they are annoying and usually lack any semblance of self-awareness. The latter because ... On the off chance that they are Russian, they will eventually draw arms on you.

Profiling aside, you are all pigs wearing human skin. I'll kill anyone if it advances my cause. 

Are...are you referencing Kill la Kill?

How old are you may i ask? over 28? (this is in now way to make fun of you, as you will see below... i want to see when you started using the net)

This used to be how most forums had been formated due to shitty programming back in the day... so most people used to post with a space between lines. Now i could post in a complete paragraph if i wanted... but im just really not used to that after 8 years of forum posting back when Gateway computers were big (Oh i dunno.. 1997?).

Also if you played MUDS, YOU HAD to type like this in most of them or the script did not pickup what you had been directing your character to do.  So I dont format like a 10 year old... i format like someone who has been online since the dawn of the internet and internet gaming

Again, as you can see here i can post different ideas in different paragraphs just like we were all taught in elementary school, but out of habit on what used to make a post easier to read... i do that differently.

Also, if we are playing semantics, which we obviously are now seeing your post. This isnt writing buddy... its typing... learn the difference.  It's also not a resume, its a forum... its also not just any forum.. its a game forum.... its also not just any game forum.. its the dayz forum... a forum for a game whose calling card is stealing peoples pants and force feeding them disinfectant....

Now tell me, Why should i care so much if you perceive my posting style and formatting as that of a 10 year old... who are you to me... who are any of you to me... 

Now take what i just said... and apply it to me, why do you care so damn much about how im typing... are you trying to rescue me from the typing police (oh wait thats you) or something? If i type like this all the time, will my router spew out a unicorn that pisses cold draft beer and farts rainbows? 

If your answers are anything other then..... Nothing,Nothing and No .... i have some bad news for you

also heres some beans for making me think of unicorns farting rainbows

Vertoxis

Please do not take offence, although I personally do not agree with your attitude you kind of sound like you are just egging people on.

I defiantly agree with your formatting statement. I just came from a thread where I was criticized for using paragraphs and not using enough spaces.

Apparently it bothers speed readers who do not really care what you are saying so keep right on spacing away.

• Like 1

Are...are you referencing Kill la Kill?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeybe. ;p

Edited by Rudette

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeybe. > :(

Nothing wrong with that! I...uh......watch it

Wow.  I came back after all this time to find you still haven't learned how to play a survival sim correctly.

How the OP plays DayZ.

This one time a bambi ran up to me and I shot him. 

Another time I saw this guy and he didn't see me and I shot him.

This other time this guy had the drop on me and...we were talking...and when he put his gun away I shot him.

Actually I play with a group of friends about 6+.

Wow. I came back after all this time to find you still haven't learned how to play a survival sim correctly.

Do you know it's a sandbox game? :rolleyes:

So if you can get over my nasal defect and don’t mind talking to some one who sounds like a Hill Billy I really would like to know where you non kill on sight players are playing.

There are servers that says PvE only or Will kick if KoS. Try those. I doubt it will elminate KoS entirely though.

Oh holier than tho, its funny yr holiness cant learn the act of acceptance when we who are well beneath you can accept your opinion of your playstyle xD

Holier than thou... FYI I am an atheist and as such dismiss any reference to a deity.

What playstyle did I describe? None, I only argued against one specific playstyle, and provided reasons as to why I think of it as "wrong", related to how the game is progressing and the planning of future features.

Oh I'm sorry sir. Please forgive my ignorance. What exactly is the "correct" playstyle?

That is a good question, I guess it depends on the thought process of the developers.

At any rate, letting developers use time and effort to create an intricate system of items, including modification of items, wear and tear of items, combining items and probably much more to come, and setting it up as such that some items and the way ther are supposed to be used will require more than one character (incentive of character interaction) is totally moot and a waste of time, money and energy if the community is going to shift the game over to a deathmatch-like killzone without interaction of any kind.

Those kind of games are already a dime a dozen, and forgive me if I am totally ignorant on this, but I do get the feeliong the developers have higher hopes than that for this game.

Holier than thou... FYI I am an atheist and as such dismiss any reference to a deity.

I didn't ask your religion. Stop waving it around lol.

What playstyle did I describe? None, I only argued against one specific playstyle, and provided reasons as to why I think of it as "wrong", related to how the game is progressing and the planning of future features.

Please see below. You seem uptight from your previous words.

The thought of dismissing an ever growing possibility for interaction between characters, on the grounds of protecting oneself, is paranoia and delusion at best. It is not the correct playstyle you cliaim it is.

Also

That is a good question, I guess it depends on the thought process of the developers.

At any rate, letting developers use time and effort to create an intricate system of items, including modification of items, wear and tear of items, combining items and probably much more to come, and setting it up as such that some items and the way ther are supposed to be used will require more than one character (incentive of character interaction) is totally moot and a waste of time, money and energy if the community is going to shift the game over to a deathmatch-like killzone without interaction of any kind.

Those kind of games are already a dime a dozen, and forgive me if I am totally ignorant on this, but I do get the feeliong the developers have higher hopes than that for this game.

We forgive you. You are ignorant on this but please know that this is a "sandbox" which means unlimited possibilites.

• Like 1

I didn't ask your religion. Stop waving it around lol. Since when do I wave? I refutet one of your statements.

Please see below. You seem uptight from your previous words. Uptight, personal property comment. Where are your case specific arguements supporting your view?

Also yeah...

We forgive you. You are ignorant on this but please know that this is a "sandbox" which means unlimited possibilites. Having endless possibilities and chosing the one that makes sure you make this game as close as possible to any deathmatch game out there.....THAT is your arguement?

Hehe, you so fully fulfill my expectations; Any person lacking a good arguement will revert to personal attacks/comments in order to have anything to say/have the last say. Congratulations, and thank you very much.

Edited by or'dinii

Hehe, you so fully fulfill my expectations; Any person lacking a good arguement will revert to personal attacks/comments in order to have anything to say/have the last say. Congratulations, and thank you very much.

You're welcome. If you actually read, you would see my argument saying it's a "sandbox" which is best for unlimited possibilites. You cannot argue that.

was near me.

People like u totally ruins the spirit of this game. My compliment! We call people like u "Bimbiminkia".

You're welcome. If you actually read, you would see my argument saying it's a "sandbox" which is best for unlimited possibilites. You cannot argue that.

Not at all, I argue that in a sandbox game, that has elements gearing it towards character interaction, and seemingly endless possibilities, chosing ONE SINGLE POSSIBILITY and sticking to it is not "the correct way" to play this game.

Sandbox = free character action and movement, AKA no storyline you must follow, it is not the same as having a multitude of possibilities and going with the one that works against what seemingly is the idea of the creators. I mean, if deathmatch/KOS was a game they were trying to make they probably would have told us so, like, we intend to make a new game and hopefully you all will adhere to the notion that all we want you to do is kill eachother on sight. That is the reason we will not focus on items in any particular way.

Is that the idea you get when you read patch notes and lists of future features?

Hopefully one day guns will be super-rare, and bullets even more so, so that you will have to make a judgement before approaching anyone or anywere as ou will not possess enough bullets to shoot your way out of the situation. Something like the resource scarcity in "I am alive" on xbox arcade. Notice the word "hopefully" at the start of that scentence, it is what I hope for, not what I want to force down on people. 

I did have fun. I like killing people in this game. I am friendly if I am not in Electro though. That or they are new spawn with no threat.

lol it's a game.

Well, coward too, my compliment bimbominkia, i'd like to meet with u to shoot your shitty ass!!

Sandbox- unlimited possibilities, but cats sometimes poop in them.

• Like 3