rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

While I appreciate their use of twitter and reddit, all their relevant and current information EASILY gets drowned out by irrelevant information and that is precisely why I don't use redditwitter.

A simple forum thread, with current dev/mod info only, that users can subscribe to, that when there's an update to the status of the situation, they get an email... can't be any simpler.

^ this

I agree with you Sniperdoc, mostly every time you post something :)

• Like 1

=D Thanks... I try to be objective most of the time... :) (Keyword: TRY)

=D Thanks... I try to be objective most of the time... :) (Keyword: TRY)

Same here...

I think at this stage of time DAYZ dev are much like Malaysia Airline, which are so disordered and they have not enough experience to systematically handle a huge project.

Edited by msy

So i thought i would show you guys what a glitcher looks like.

I always go friendly so dont get pissed about me killing unfairly as i have only killed when people acted shady or fired at me first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3EqT_ph5rw

I hope this gets fixed soon because of the people who take advantage of this bug.

I think he's talking about the dev tracker... that's different than the feedback tracker.

The issue with the dev tracker is that it tracks any DayZ related comments that the devs post on reddit or twitter. But that soon fills up so fast with irrelevant information that what most people are asking for needs to be sifted through and that makes it highly inefficient.

I don't care if Hicks just responded about some's question about what an Amphibian S is, and I don't need a subscription email telling me that either...

A single patch related forum with current and relevant information the devs and mods only can post in. Then if someone has issues with something in that patch... they can post it in the changelog thread or in the feedback thread.... but I don't care what anyone else's comments are.

I just want to know:

• What is the current patch on experimental.
  • What are its content updates.
  • If there was an "issue" but couldn't be released... why not?
  • If they found a fix for any roadblocks/problems.
  • and maybe a comment a day or couple of hours before it will be released to stable.

That is information that is quick, easy and simple to understand. Threads getting drowned out by irrelevant rants by other players don't help you find this information easily. Simple as that. (not trying to be snarky... just being direct)

If you would actually read through the reddit post you would actually see what the problem is / was, some information cannot be shared as it might be gamebreaking (maybe the bug already exists) and so on and so on. 

We get a ETA around 2-5h before the patch. 

If they find a fix they will post it in the release notes, anything else wouldnt matter anyways

If you would actually read through the reddit post you would actually see what the problem is / was, some information cannot be shared as it might be gamebreaking (maybe the bug already exists) and so on and so on. 

If they find a fix they will post it in the release notes, anything else wouldnt matter anyways

And if you read the whole conversation we've been having here, you'd have seen that THATS the exact issue we're having. It's on reddit, not on the official forums...

I miss the fly sounds from when people were dead around you. I hope they do something with that one day.

• Like 3

I think they should try to fool us with some shitty updates that they would implement every few days, such as a new cloth, a new hat, a new texture. This would keep people calm.

I think they should try to fool us with some shitty updates that they would implement every few days, such as a new cloth, a new hat, a new texture. This would keep people calm.

It might.. The problem with some people is, they complain for the sake of complaining.. They'll find something else to cry about

I think they should try to fool us with some shitty updates that they would implement every few days, such as a new cloth, a new hat, a new texture. This would keep people calm

Isn't this what they doing ? Every few weeks shitty cloth and new hat  :3

• Like 3

its not unjust though ,

we been playing long enough we have had the promises the what will happens and even after all this time the projects no better off than the mod. in many ways its worse !

the worst kicker is people are playing with cracked versions with vehicles in while us with paid versions sit here with multiple hats :lol:

you cant make this shit any funnier.

• Like 2

Problem with people is they think that Alpha is ment to play as fully release game without bugs,glitches,full content etc.They dont understand that alpha is only for testing.And not normal gameplay.

But in that way devs did big mistake as they created a hype around game so everyone started buying it.They should made Alpha for free but only for like limited amount of people like other companies do.That way they could get rid of huge amount of players that only play and not test game.

Edited by realko

Problem with people is they think that Alpha is ment to play as fully release game without bugs,glitches,full content etc.They dont understand that alpha is only for testing.And not normal gameplay.

But in that way devs did big mistake as they created a hype around game so everyone started buying it.They should made Alpha for free but only for like limited amount of people like other companies do.That way they could get rid of huge amount of players that only play and not test game.

LOL.  Not true at all.  As a matter of fact, the devs recommended NOT buying it.  The "HYPE-TRAIN" came from US!  the users who played the mod and fell in love with the game!

• Like 5

its not unjust though ,

we been playing long enough we have had the promises the what will happens and even after all this time the projects no better off than the mod. in many ways its worse !

the worst kicker is people are playing with cracked versions with vehicles in while us with paid versions sit here with multiple hats :lol:

Becouse mod was for a complete done game and standalone is well standalone and as we see it has a long, long, looooooooooooooooong way before it will be playable on mod level. Thus even dayz mod for Arma 3 can turn out to be better then standalone for some time.

It's hard for me to deal with it too.

• Like 3

its not unjust though ,

Your avatar haunts my dreams... :(

• Like 4

So i thought i would show you guys what a glitcher looks like.

I always go friendly so dont get pissed about me killing unfairly as i have only killed when people acted shady or fired at me first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3EqT_ph5rw

I hope this gets fixed soon because of the people who take advantage of this bug.

What are you playing DayZ on? A calculator?

And stop whining people about there not being any update to stable. If they launched it weeks ago with those serious bugs, you would be whining about how crappy buggy updates they launch... Sometimes I think there is no way to please DayZ's community, you just whine about anything.

• Like 2

its not unjust though ,

Uhh... "promises", "all this time", "WE've been playing enough?"

Dude gtfo! Your entitled bratty arse is definitely not speaking for me.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 3

its not unjust though ,

tumblr_inline_n2e1vtRQ5e1s7babi.gif

• Like 2

You didn't read a damn thing I wrote... ...wait... oh yeah... you'd have to know how to comprehend what I wrote... nm. I'll just stop there.

- I love the game so far, and can only hope it will get better and better

- I dont care about patches being postponed, as long as its communicated

- Communication from the devs needs to improve - eg. Important information should be on THIS forum, not a quote from someone's twitter account, which is automatically posted in "Devtracker"

- Communication also needs to be easily readable and more consistent, not at the whim of a dev, who think a tweet is enough to keep 1,5 MILLION testers happy

And this is an example of someone who feels they are owed something they simply aren't.  Early Access doesn't mean the devs are obligated to let you know how development is more than they are now.  It means you are able to provide feedback on an unfinished game as development proceeds.  You are allowed a voice on how the game may develop... you aren't owed up-to-date information on what's being developed, what bugs are being addressed before a patch is released, or in depth plans on future development. On, other early access games, you don't get nearly as much direct communication from the devs as on DayZ - so, be thankful for the information you do get and don't whine that you're not getting more.  Play the game, give feedback (on the developments in the game and not how the devs go about their jobs)... that's it.  If you can't deal with that arrangement, my feeling is that you probably shouldn't have purchased the game.

I mean, really - communication shouldn't be at the whim of a dev?  Really?  Some people really need to get over themselves.  They don't have to tell you anything.  They could simply release a patch and a changelog, and limit reporting to the feedback site.  The fact that they do more than that is a bonus.

Edited by entspeak

Hello guys. this is my very first post. just wanted to share a pretty good website for DAYZ standalone latest news. this is NOT my website and i got this website info from this forum. these guys are pretty fast about updating latest news and they've added most of the dayz devs twitter acc and reddit acc. here you are

http://insidedayz.de/

• Like 2

Hello guys. this is my very first post. just wanted to share a pretty good website for DAYZ standalone latest news. this is NOT my website and i got this website info from this forum. these guys are pretty fast about updating latest news and they've added most of the dayz devs twitter acc and reddit acc. here you are

Welcome to the forums m8!

Looks good...

• Like 1

seems like annoying advertisement, but yeah insidedayz is quite good.

I would love it to be a tumblr blog so I could follow it ...

And they're from the German DayZ Community and like this, as I'm myself a German DayZ player ;D

Edited by warriortyr
  • Like 1