rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

How do people teleport around? I must learn and win.

im definitely winning so.

It's great and all but can you please do 3 basic things before posting on these forums again??? :

Learn to read - especially the warnings on steam and right before you start playing

Uninstall the game and don't come back until the game is released as a full game

Learn to read - especially... Ah who the hell reads the warnings anyway.. People like you will never learn!

You sir are the reason some parents should refrain from having kids.  

Gotta love the asshats..

As someone else mentioned.. you FAIL

• Like 2

His opinion on what needs fixing in terms of priority was totally valid. You get a fail for that reply.

No, his opinion was not totally valid because it suggests that other things are being added INSTEAD of those features. Those optimization, zombies, loot are a work in progress and are worked on by certain people. They aren't being swept under the rug for the sake of other less important features.

This has been said a million times and people just don't read or listen.

• Like 4

i just walk downstairs and broke my legs... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

but its ok i love this game hurry up and bring more stuff and good updates ;)

It's great and all but can we please get these 3 basic things working before adding other stuff??? :

Optimized the game, so you can actually play on normal or good graphics!

Respawning loot!

More Zombies!

Before you fix these things none of the things you add really matter.

Here ya go frieeeeend: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179198-from-hicks-206-reddit-on-development/

This has been said a million times and people just don't read or listen.

I agree it has been said a million times, I do read and listen I just don't believe. Get the fundamentals sorted first and foremost, then add stuff later, they can still work on other stuff just don't release it until the fundamentals are fixed.

I agree it has been said a million times, I do read and listen I just don't believe. Get the fundamentals sorted first and foremost, then add stuff later, they can still work on other stuff just don't release it until the fundamentals are fixed.

I still don't think you understand. If they had those fundamentals ready, they would be released. In the meantime there's a whole team developing other parts of the game that have nothing to do with optimization, zombies, loot. Why would you wait for fundamentals when you have all this other stuff ready? What are the other parts of the team who have nothing to do with the "fundamentals" supposed to do? Sit around twiddling their thumbs?

Different people have different responsibilities and areas of expertise. The people who can fix the fundamental parts of the game are doing that. The people who can't do that are working on the other things that we get to see in each patch.

They're separate and they don't conflict with each other.

EDIT: And as far as what you believe, it doesn't matter what you believe. All we have to go on is what we're told by developers. If you don't believe that then you're choosing what to believe based on nothing.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

on forums i think the dev team should be listed as what they do and shown to do that. so many people understand what is what.

this way people understand that coders are doing code and artists are doing art :lol:

would save many headaches :)

• Like 2

Yesterday me and a squad member ran through the black forest from Polana towards Gorka and we had the most horrific experiance so far in DayZ! Running from Polana to Gorka through the Black Forest we thought we saw a player run in the woods ahead of us. We flanked to check it out. It wasn't a player... It was the first of around 50 zombies hiding in the woods. We tried to outrun them but as we continued we heard even more zeds. We had run straight into a horde?! Around 40-50 zeds after us and about the same amount ahead of us we paniced and started shooting them one after another. Running out of ammo because of the insane amount of zeds chasing us and bleeding wounds we had to retreat and find shelter. Sadly we didnt catch this epic moment on footage but this was the MOST adrenaline rushed gameplay I've ever experianced. Developers you have my beans!

Edit: This was on SE03 Experimental server

I'm sorry... but that deserves a "F*CK YEAH!!!!"

on forums i think the dev team should be listed as what they do and shown to do that. so many people understand what is what.

this way people understand that coders are doing code and artists are doing art  :lol:

would save many headaches  :)

No... that would imply that people actually read... and we all know from previous experience with certain people on this forum, that they do NOT read. Whether this be due to laziness, ignorance, or stupidity is up to the observer to determine.

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 4

can anyone confirm if the Mosin uses the correct ammo in the EXP?

Also note to everyone complaining about the update being small: A lot of the stuff in the updates are undocumented. (like the Boonie hats)

No... that would imply that people actually read... and we all know from previous experience with certain people on this forum, that they do NOT read. Whether this be due to laziness, ignorance, or stupidity is up to the observer to determine.

Everyone loves to feel things, but they don't like to think. They like to state their opinions, but not back them up with anything substantial.

• Like 1

can anyone confirm if the Mosin uses the correct ammo in the EXP?

Just out of curiosity, what's the correct ammo for the Mosin? I didn't know the ammo was wrong! Not very knowledgeable on that sort of thing.

Just out of curiosity, what's the correct ammo for the Mosin? I didn't know the ammo was wrong! Not very knowledgeable on that sort of thing.

7.62 X 59 mm rounds. They are found not in a box, but a tin. It's a high power cartridge, and is known to pierce ballistic helmets. Do not confuse it with the smaller 7.62 X 39 mm rounds, which fit the SKS. 20098823mi0.jpg

• Like 1

Are the Devs going to post the new Patch update Details Here like they have been since year dot?

They will most likely merge them into the current notes, causing much mess and confusion as to what exactly has changed. Also they will fill it out with a few things that havn't really been implemented aswell.

• Like 1

7.62 X 59 mm rounds. They are found not in a box, but a tin. It's a high power cartridge, and is known to pierce ballistic helmets. Do not confuse it with the smaller 7.62 X 39 mm rounds, which fit the SKS. 20098823mi0.jpg

Actually, it uses 7,62 x 54 R (the oldest military cartridge still in use).

640px-76254Rvariety.jpg

I'd recommend you go to wikipedia for such things, it's quite informative. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin%E2%80%93Nagant

640px-76254Rvariety.jpg

I'd recommend you go to wikipedia for such things, it's quite informative. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin%E2%80%93Nagant

Not debating your statement, but kinda strange that Mosin uses a rim cartridge in a bolt action rifle.

But I do know some guns are taking rim cartridges and Mosin is one of them?

I have been active competition shooter back in the days so I do know the basics about ammo and so on, but nothing about old Russian weapons hehe..

640px-76254Rvariety.jpg

I'm going off of in game rounds. The Mosin 9/30 uses 7 X 59, I know because I've been lugging around a lot of it lately. Those rounds are for the Mosin Nagant rifle. Though, they are easily confusable. :D

Not debating your statement, but kinda strange that Mosin uses a rim cartridge in a bolt action rifle.

But I do know some guns are taking rim cartridges and Mosin is one of them?

I have been active competition shooter back in the days so I do know the basics about ammo and so on, but nothing about old Russian weapons hehe..

That's for the Mosin Nagant. The rifle in game is the Mosin 9/30

That's for the Mosin Nagant. The rifle in game is the Mosin 9/30

It's the same thing, Mosin Nagant is just the overall name of the weapons in the series like people say it's an "AK" or "AK 47" for the AKM, AK-47 or type 56 etc, the 91/30 stands for what exact rifle it is in the series of the Mosin, so the 91/30 is the main varient used in WW2, you also have others like the Mosin Nagant M44, the Carbine etc.

Either way all (Russian or original) Mosin rifles fire the 7.62x54r, in game they use the wrong round, this may be due to developers error, but it should use the 7.62x54r and I think they said somewhere they were going to fix that.

Edited by Kaxii

It's the same thing, Mosin Nagant is just the overall name of the weapons in the series like people say it's an "AK" or "AK 47" for the AKM, AK-47 or type 56 etc, the 91/30 stands for what exact rifle it is in the series of the Mosin, so the 91/30 is the main varient used in WW2, you also have others like the Mosin Nagant M44, the Carbine etc.

According to the DayZ wiki, it actually is a 7.62 X 54, though in game it is X 59. I wonder if it's a bug?