rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Haha!! Yeah, to bad you can only load one rount in the chamber now :) wich makes it useless... good luck with dat

But mine can load 10 rounds just now. Unless If you chamber the round.

I believe Orthodox is the main religion in Russia, but I am not 100% on that.  I am a non-practicing Russian Orthodox.

Taken from Google:

Orthodox Christianity is Russia's largest religion with 75% of the population belonging to the Orthodox Christian denomination. Islam is professed by 5% of the population. Catholicism, Protestantism, Judaism and Buddhism are professed by 1% of the population each.

I believe Orthodox is the main religion in Russia, but I am not 100% on that.  I am a non-practicing Russian Orthodox.

Taken from Google:

Orthodox Christianity is Russia's largest religion with 75% of the population belonging to the Orthodox Christian denomination. Islam is professed by 5% of the population. Catholicism, Protestantism, Judaism and Buddhism are professed by 1% of the population each.

Im guessing us idiots thought it was a type of church and not a religious type of church

Im guessing us idiots thought it was a type of church and not a religious type of church

Well do some research before you start talking -_-

I wonder the same thing, being an animator myself it wouldn't be hard to rattle through a good handful in a week and have them polished and ready to go. 

It would probably be that the meshes weren't able to have that particular rigging applied without warping the textures so the compositors probably kept sending it back.

Edited by ministelis

It would probably be that the meshes weren't able to have that particular rigging applied without warping the textures so the compositors probably kept sending it back.

Ah yes, of course!

dafuq?

Edited by Snowball
  • Like 1

I have provide you with my beans with hope that you will contribute them to a type of church that is of not the religious type of church.  Oh wait, pretty sure that's impossible.

Axes have been nerfed badly no more running and hacking, just awful. I don't understand why they did it

I have provide you with my beans with hope that you will contribute them to a type of church that is of not the religious type of church.  Oh wait, pretty sure that's impossible.

church_xlarge.jpeg

church_xlarge.jpeg

This is still a religion...

definition - Body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices
  • Like 1

Oh Crap...I forgot all about the Atheist mega church in the news a while back.  Curious if it goes something like this...

This is still a religion...

definition - Body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices

Agnosticism a religion?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

It is a filosofical view on religion, it is not a religion because there is no deity involved in the belief. Pretty sure of that because I'm an agnost myself ;)

But let's not turn this into a religious discussion please...

Edited by Snowball
  • Like 1

Agnosticism a religion?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

It is a filosofical view on religion, it is not a religion because there is no deity involved in the belief. Pretty sure of that because I'm an agnost myself ;)

But let's not turn this into a religious discussion please...

you mistake the faith and belief with religion.

use a dictionary.. Catholic is the religion and Christianity is the faith. you do not need a deity for a religion.

• Like 1

I have been outside at night in dark forest, in real life. And you cannot see anything even after your eyes adapt. Moon can help, but there must be clear skies too and near full moon.

And again, I was saying to leave a room for adjustment, but not too much. If someone see as daytime and someone else see as real night, it is not fair.

Yes, I want to fix things that are actually unreal. I have no problem with that.

i live out in the country aka "the woods", and when we were younger we'd go out at night and play hide and seek and whatever, and we could always see just fine, no artificial light around, it takes a special kind of night to be dayz dark lol, to me a typical moonlit night should be closer alan wake, a little bit darker would be fine, but somewhere around how alan wake is.

Spoiler Alert... several pics. including the an inside shot one of those little churches in the North West area of the map.  These were take while exploring the last EXP. build on Feb 28th.

3NAwbcy.jpg

kBo3Myx.jpg

HtHqiSo.jpg

• Like 3

its not enjoyable man, trust me haha but had to try the new experimental before it being deploy to stable.

Update: SKS can be painted now. Mine is black.

Ok will stick to those under 100ms then.

Btw painted SKS is glitched and you can chamber 1 round only or you have to use clip to load 10 bullets.

Kinda boomer bug since the same case was with Mosin.

you mistake the faith and belief with religion.

use a dictionary.. Catholic is the religion and Christianity is the faith. you do not need a deity for a religion.

I know what you're trying to prove here. But see, agnostic belief is the clear absence of any religion/faith (other than atheism, but I will not explain that here). 

And with all due respect, dictionaries aren't very good in explaining these kind of philosophical things, because in dictionaries the explanations are very often simplified :)

i live out in the country aka "the woods", and when we were younger we'd go out at night and play hide and seek and whatever, and we could always see just fine, no artificial light around, it takes a special kind of night to be dayz dark lol, to me a typical moonlit night should be closer alan wake, a little bit darker would be fine, but somewhere around how alan wake is.

Agreed, I also grew up in the sticks and find you only come across DayZ darkness when its fully overcast with no moon. 

Its hard to say how far you would see on "typical" night, I am sure Dean will address the level of darkness if enough people raise it as an issue.

Obvously Kobeandodom brought this up because of a server bug sending different day cycles to players but I always found the darkness in DayZ to be unrealistic and honestly pretty unplayable. 

• Like 1

*snip*

Could you please explain this to me? ;D

What kind of problem will we all have according to the rise of the server load, I'm not that much into this kind of stuff ?!

If you are right you really deserve attention...

Basicly all the new stuff / identities (zeds, loot, animals later vehicles etc.) and new mechanics might push to a level where no server could handle the game anymore. It is yet pretty "expensive" in terms of hardware / bandwidht usage and imho i fear if everything is in place its gonna be impossible to get this game running with 100+ people on a server, cause everything is tested (as far as i know) only with max. 40 players.

It makes a hugh difference cause more players -> more data needs to be sended/recived & worked on ; And i think the physics need to be done serverside, try imagin a item is getting moved by a player and 10 other player "look" at it, so the data is getting hugh ... now think about elektro , maybe 50 players in it, all manipulating the world (items etc.) ... guess no server could handle it, unless they really rework the whole stuff. OR they raise the playercap now and look if everything is working as intended with 100+ players on a server.

EDIT : I dont think anyone will directly be affected by this scenario, but i longterm the game isnt getting to a point where it should be (more players/features) but as i wrote in my first post, it will suck either way : features might get deleted , maxplayers staying on 40 or developement is going to be delayed pretty much.

Edited by HardstylerSL
  • Like 1

Basicly all the new stuff / identities (zeds, loot, animals later vehicles etc.) and new mechanics might push to a level where no server could handle the game anymore. It is yet pretty "expensive" in terms of hardware / bandwidht usage and imho i fear if everything is in place its gonna be impossible to get this game running with 100+ people on a server, cause everything is tested (as far as i know) only with max. 40 players.

It makes a hugh difference cause more players -> more data needs to be sended/recived & worked on ; And i think the physics need to be done serverside, try imagin a item is getting moved by a player and 10 other player "look" at it, so the data is getting hugh ... now think about elektro , maybe 50 players in it, all manipulating the world (items etc.) ... guess no server could handle it, unless they really rework the whole stuff. OR they raise the playercap now and look if everything is working as intended with 100+ players on a server.

EDIT : I dont think anyone will directly be affected by this scenario, but i longterm the game isnt getting to a point where it should be (more players/features) but as i wrote in my first post, it will suck either way : features might get deleted , maxplayers staying on 40 or developement is going to be delayed pretty much.

I might be wrong but other multiplayer-games have also physics, persistance items, weather effects and much more stuff (even on high populated server). To me it look like it's a problem specially related to the virtualreality-engine which they're using.

Hopefully they will come to a point where they can handle all these problems otherwise, I have to say, they choose the wrong engine because Im pretty sure that current-gen-hardware can do really A LOT!

Meanwhile I agree with you that there is a long way to go yet.

...who needs 100 players on a server anyway ? 

Who needs more then 10? Its just because Rocket said so (150 is the target, maybe even more), and i fear they cant hold their promises. ;(

+ imho the more people the more fun. ;)

Do the self test on a packed server, gather about 10-15 people with full gear, let them drop everything in a quite little area and see things go to hell! xD

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/138121-bikeman-june-2013-interviewlivestream-with-rocket/

/edit typo, link provided

Edited by HardstylerSL

I think to a degree, with their developmental process, that optimizations to balance things out will come. However, I also think that a majority of "total overhaul style" optimizations will come during Beta. It's just one of those things you have to be patient about. I VERY RARELY say this, and I know we've all heard it a million times, but it is Alpha.