Hetstaine

Rocket standing down from Dayz by end of year

But by the time Beta arrives the game will be feature complete and hopefully just a few bug fixes are required before it hits Release.

Hopefully.

No, they will have to add cars, dogs, and all those real cool things he has talked about. 

omg this thread is @ 30 pages now lol

Its a BIG deal though. Id be worried more if ppl DIDNT respond to this rapid change in things.

No, they will have to add cars, dogs, and all those real cool things he has talked about. 

dogs and horses and bears and wolves and underground bases and 60 vehicles and medical/status sytem and more loot and more weapons and heart attacks and shitting your pants and...

• Like 1

dogs and horses and bears and wolves and underground bases and 60 vehicles and medical/status sytem and more loot and more weapons and heart attacks and shitting your pants and...

Exactly.  This is why I think Dean leaving is good.  The guy has no idea haw to make a finished product.  He loves everything but has no clue how to implement it or even why he should.

Its a BIG deal though. Id be worried more if ppl DIDNT respond to this rapid change in things.

yeah. i agree.

just the fact that it wont be supported by the creator through it's development process is what worries me about dayz future success

fourlights-300x229.jpg

u saw wat i did ther

ps. picard is best/tng4life

Edited by pacific_coast
  • Like 1

Yes, there is.

There is some real comment but there's a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth and general panic.

L

I don't find it unexpected. the moment I saw the 'news' I knew there would be a shitstorm. and that has nothing to do with how I personally feel about it. it's just been my experience with 'internet communities', and this one in particular. and I think you too have some experience with this particular community

yeah. i agree.

just the fact that it wont be supported by the creator through it's development process is what worries me about dayz future success

We all know how Diablo 3 turned out once its main producer left the scene. >.>

DayZ will be fine. Goodbye Dean, respect to ya, hopefully you work hard before you leave...

• Like 1

"I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept," he went on, "and I've always recognised that. It's not the perfect game; it's not the multiplayer experience, and it never can be, [with] the absolute spark that I want in it."

This is real conviction...

Sure I do respect his decision regarding the past meltdown he had but it's kinda weird - he was the one with so many visions and now he is just dropping it? Seems sort of unfair to the paying players... Sorry if that sounds harsh, I really like that he can make tough decisions in his life but in my view it costs some of his reputation.

Well... good luck with whatever you'll wind up, Dean. But remember those people who beliefed in you and paid good money for your visions. At least that is the reason I was able to pay 24€...

Edited by Gurk-o-vich
  • Like 1

Gurk-o you might want to select the color called "automatic."

u saw wat i did ther

ps. picard is best/tng4life

Oh I saw, and I loved.  I regretted only having one can of beans to give!  Picard is the best.

When my buddies and I get something wrong or have a disagreement over something, it is inevitable that someone will do their best Picard impression as they wail their take on the issue.

Not going to jump to conclusions regarding DayZ's development, but holy balls what a poor chosen time and wording to bring this news.

It's not a bad time to come with the news, it's the way these news where given to the people ( through a rather shitty articly ).  

If people had paid attention to the interview, they would have known already, insted someone decided to take two lines out of the whole four hour ( semi quoting from another comment ) interview and make the story of

how Dean is abandoning the project and letting it die, basicly - False News.  

He is leaving Czech for home in a YEAR, he MIGHT and would PREFER to step down from leading the project, and let someone else hold the leash. 

At no point did he say that he was leaving DayZ as a developer, he can work on it remotely from NZ, but won't be in the spotlight anymore, and I'd say he deserves a break judging from the ragefit the internet just threw at him, and also the rest of the team by obviously pointing out that DayZ dies when Dean dissapears, say what? 

What about the thirty other guys? Hicks and co. don't mean anything?

Urfh.. I'm a go to bed.

Gurk-o you might want to select the color called "automatic."

Guess what? The text was black then. Smartass -.-

I think seeking to create the "perfect multiplayer game" is a "flawed concept"

Dean isn't leaving for another year, and that's if he's not needed anymore.

</end drama for fucks sake>

I think seeking to create the "perfect multiplayer game" is a "flawed concept"

Perfect in his mind. Not perfect as in "everyone will dig it".

Edited by Igglas Cage
  • Like 1

He actually said:

""I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept," he went on, "and I've always recognised that. It's not the perfect game; it's not the multiplayer experience, and it never can be, [with] the absolute spark that I want in it.""

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-24-dean-hall-to-leave-bohemia-and-step-down-as-leader-of-dayz

Exactly. And that's completely different.

Artists are perfectionists, I think we're all a little relieved that he hasn't cut off his left ear yet, because of the clipping zombies.

• Like 3

Artists are perfectionists, I think we're all a little relieved that he hasn't cut off his left ear yet, because of the clipping zombies.

He's just gonna clip it.

• Like 2

Posting the exact same shit I did in the Patch thread, because people apparently don't know how to read. Dean isn't leaving anytime soon.

First read the original eurogamer article, and not the others that give a different, and somewhat shittier portrayal of what he meant: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-24-dean-hall-to-leave-bohemia-and-step-down-as-leader-of-dayz

Then read this reddit post with his responses: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ysdow/dean_hall_to_leave_bohemia_and_step_down_as/cfnftwq?context=1

Basically, he won't be leaving as a lead developer (he is just 1 cog in the machine, he isn't the entire machine running this show. In fact, they now have a large team that has already been taking the wheel on DayZ) until the end of the year, and that's if he's no longer needed at all. If he is, he'll stay longer.

Relax.