timedance

Character wipes still happening?

no i either got killed or changed to a hardcore server! it was a regular server and i was the only one on the server i changed from

Like stated above, you stay 30 sec in the game. Since you where still IN the military base meanwhile someone logged in (serverhopper) and killed you.

And if it was a plain bug, it still serves you right, punishment for looting on lowpop and jumpin back on highpop just for PVP purpose.

nelson-haha-4547560361010854438-30477765

Edited by Guest

Like stated above, you stay 30 sec in the game. Since you where still on the AF, meanwhile someone logged in (serverhopper) and killed you.

And if it was a plain bug, it still serves you right, punishment for looting on lowpop and jumpin back on highpop

nelson-haha-4547560361010854438-30477765

I'm sure you've never done this. You tell 'em.

GoT-Pope-Posts-Are-Coming.jpg

least i'm not cryin like babys in the boards bout it.

Learning from mistakes doesn't mean i can't tell ppl its ob obviously unfair actin like this.

Edited by Guest

when i was in military base finally got full loot it was time to change to a bit more populated server so i could bring my mosin for some pvp. but when i changed i spawned at the coast as a black female.. i didnt die or anything i just changed server and it happend..

Gotta be a troll.  Surely you know that A) military bases are the most dangerous places in game, B) anyone who logs out there to hop is likely going to get shot by other hoppers.

1/10.

when i was in military base finally got full loot it was time to change to a bit more populated server so i could bring my mosin for some pvp. but when i changed i spawned at the coast as a black female.. i didnt die or anything i just changed server and it happend..

Firstly, it suits you right!

I think that you either died during the 30 seconds once you logged out, or killed once you spawned in. Because you when you join a server it can take up to 10 seconds until you can see what and where you are but that your character is physical in the server.

I was playing on a 40/40 server and was at Northwestern Airfield when a guy with a mosin spawned in the control tower. Probably someone gearing up on a empty server then switching on to a full server from a good position. Anyway, I emptied my whole clip on him because of this reason, he was like a blood fountain. I don't think he actually knew what happened, but once his logging screen was finished he spawned in the beach instead because his character was killed.

Have fun serverhopping :)

edit: When a friend of mine logged on, he was having the "please wait" screen but I could still see his character in front of me, that became physical 5-10 seconds before my friend actually could interact.

Edited by Danlow

Yea the wipes are still happening. Had the same problem last night, as my game crashed and after logging back into server my character was deleted. And no, I was not killed and there were no zombies around me(I know because I had my mates around me).

Yea the wipes are still happening. Had the same problem last night, as my game crashed and after logging back into server my character was deleted. And no, I was not killed and there were no zombies around me(I know because I had my mates around me).

I think your mates are not who the appear to be  :murder:  :bandit:  :murder:  :bandit:

256 hours in and I have never had a character wiped

256 hours in and I have never had a character wiped

So you have been luckier than many other players, that is all.  Just because something has never happened to you personally, doesn't mean it isn't really happening to other people.

So you have been luckier than many other players, that is all.  Just because something has never happened to you personally, doesn't mean it isn't really happening to other people.

What I'm saying is a lot of the complaints about wipes, sure not all, but the majority is most likely from them logging off in a not quite so safe place and either having an infected chew their face off or have been killed by someone passing by.  Hell, I've killed the random guy sitting on the ground just because they were dumb enough to log off in the open.

What I'm saying is a lot of the complaints about wipes, sure not all, but the majority is most likely from them logging off in a not quite so safe place and either having an infected chew their face off or have been killed by someone passing by.  Hell, I've killed the random guy sitting on the ground just because they were dumb enough to log off in the open.

No.  It just happens randomly and I would be willing to bet that very few people are actually being killed by a zombie or player.  I have watched friends log out to restart their PC's or so we could switch to a higher populated server only for them to log in as a fresh spawn on the coast while everyone else in the group was fine and right where we previously logged out.  

No.  It just happens randomly and I would be willing to bet that very few people are actually being killed by a zombie or player.  I have watched friends log out to restart their PC's or so we could switch to a higher populated server only for them to log in as a fresh spawn on the coast while everyone else in the group was fine and right where we previously logged out.  

I think the easiest way to tell the difference is when you log in.  If you start fresh on the beach, glitch, if you log in dead, most likely killed.  

Also, some hosters aren't displaying their modes properly.  I've logged on to what should be a hardcore server and have my regular character.  So personally, it's not an issue with the game, it's an issue with the hosting company not saving characters properly.

Edited by Caboose187

I would say to expect character wipes to be a possibility at any point in the alpha.  Never get too attached to your stuff.  It sucks, but it can, and does happen.  Not only that but it's also extremely possible that you were just killed in your 30s logout time, which also blows but you can thank the server hoppers and combat loggers for that.

• Like 1

Also you do know (or should I say your friend knows) that hardcore and normal are two separate hives and you have separate survivors on each.  Your survivor in normal will not carry over into hardcore servers and vice versa.

• Like 1

I think the easiest way to tell the difference is when you log in.  If you start fresh on the beach, glitch, if you log in dead, most likely killed.  

Also, some hosters aren't displaying their modes properly.  I've logged on to what should be a hardcore server and have my regular character.  So personally, it's not an issue with the game, it's an issue with the hosting company not saving characters properly.

LOL, no.  It is just an issue with the game.

Sure, sometimes certain servers are not on the correct hive but that isn't going to wipe your character.  

Sure, sometimes certain servers are not on the correct hive but that isn't going to wipe your character.  

No, but it makes people assume their character has been wiped then come to forums to rage about it.  Then you never hear from them again because I guarantee that they got their character back.  Anyway, i'm done with you because all you ever do is try to argue with people.

No, but it makes people assume their character has been wiped then come to forums to rage about it.  Then you never hear from them again because I guarantee that they got their character back.  Anyway, i'm done with you because all you ever do is try to argue with people.

It is not my fault that YOUR assumptions are incorrect and must be corrected.  You can't make a blanket statement and claim it is fact when it is not true.  I wouldn't have to correct people or "argue" with them if they were presenting real facts instead of their opinions.

• Like 1

It is not my fault that YOUR assumptions are incorrect and must be corrected.  You can't make a blanket statement and claim it is fact when it is not true.  I wouldn't have to correct people or "argue" with them if they were presenting real facts instead of their opinions.

FACT = LOGGING OFF/DISCONNECTING/KICKED FROM SERVER = 30 TIMER = CHANCE OF GETTING KILLED

FACT = NOT ALL SERVERS ARE LABELLED CORRECTLY OR PROPERLY SYNCED UP TO THE HIVE

Welcome to ignore  :thumbsup:

Have not had any issues on experimental with this latest version.  In fact the one time there was a problem there was a clear explanation given that the server could not connect with the central hive with advice on what to do to avoid corrupting my existing character.

• Like 2

FACT = LOGGING OFF/DISCONNECTING/KICKED FROM SERVER = 30 TIMER = CHANCE OF GETTING KILLED

LOL, you just don't get it and go ahead and ignore me because you can't handle being wrong about something.

I've literally been on the same character for over a month now.  All gear intact.

It is random and some people experience the problem multiple times where others have never had the problem of losing their character even once.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

• Like 2

Yeah, I think they really need to cache up anything that happens to you during that log-out phase so that it can display it on screen when you log back in. Particularly since certain statuses you may have when you log out can make you dead. I too wonder if these aren't character wipes, but maybe the game falsely determining someone is in a state prior to log-out that kills you.

Had my long time character reset yesterday. I only play on my Favorited servers(they are official servers). I was upset my tac vest was gone, but it had been some time since i had to gear up and the experience was enjoyable, two hours later and i was about as geared as before. Its an alpha and wipes will happen, im actually surprised it doesnt happen more.

• Like 1