timedance

Character wipes still happening?

Today I started 3 times a new character... everytime its wiped!

Nothing will be saved from server-side!

Just find a couple servers that don't wipe your character when you log onto them and you never have to worry about "random" wipes. Either join a few and see if your character saves, or join a friend.

I've been on a single character for 62 days, and I only play on 2 servers.

We have all payed to test this game, it sucks that your character got wiped. File a bug report and hope it gets fixed.

Edited by LeeFriendField

My characted was wiped twice yesterday night. I am not pissed or anything but others may be ^^ Anayways I've played over 6 hours the last night and all that progress is lost. Not cool!

Yeah throw a temper-tantrum...That'll fix it. Its an Alpha. Didn't you click the "I understand" box when the game starts up?

Just find a couple servers that don't wipe your character when you log onto them and you never have to worry about "random" wipes. Either join a few and see if your character saves, or join a friend.

BS.

All servers should be good.

If a server can't save your character than it shouldn't have the right to be a server!

BS.

All servers should be good.

If a server can't save your character than it shouldn't have the right to be a server!

If stripped of its right to be a server, what does that make it? A desktop?

• Like 1

wow you must go on a low pop server. never liked pvp eh? 

The server crashes, so you take a break. You come back a few hours or even days later, and instead of resuming your character's journey where you left off or got disconnected, you've been dumped back on the beach. I have lost five or six of my geared characters to this, whatever is happening, and never once have I had a "you died" or "you're unconscious" type message.

It's an Alpha, et al, but I'd feel better if I knew it was relatively common.

Yep. Random character wipes. Yay...

Stay on the same timezone when playing. It has helped my character from being wiped.

I havent been whiped in quite a while. You may have joined a hardcore server, when your char was on a normal. Go back on a normal server and see.

• Like 1

Yeah I've never been wiped.. *all fingers crossed. I strictly play on low pings, so servers that are close to me.

Maybe that helps?

yeah whenever you go on a server check too see if its hardcore or normal. I made the same mistake more than once.

Like tittle said , that's the third time today i get a backpack / UK assault vest etc and when i change serv i'm back with my T-shirt and my pants. Still having my weapon / stuff in pants but everytime i lost everthing else EVEN MY FUCKING SHOES OMG.

Did that happened to you? or is my char buggy 

U are lucky I get a full character reset every time I log in the game, they need to fix this bug asap, no matter that its alpha but its just ridiculos and ruins the game.

Happened to me only once in 40 hours of gameplay.And a full character reset, i mean.

Edited by SoldierHair

Like tittle said , that's the third time today i get a backpack / UK assault vest etc and when i change serv i'm back with my T-shirt and my pants. Still having my weapon / stuff in pants but everytime i lost everthing else EVEN MY FUCKING SHOES OMG.

*holds up your shoes*

It wasn't the game that stole them, I did.

*flees*

I don't remember losing anything, but a single character to DayZ Alpha.

• Like 1

So your saying that either your belt strap is loose or your backpack is loose and stuff keeps falling out of it?   :P

I had a lot of good ammo turn to ruined ammo today when I logged in..it was raining, but I didnt think that mattered yet..oh well, I found a protector case and put some in there, maybe that will help(?)

I just lost my character too. Damn he had some good stuff.

Same here. Not every login, but just lost my full geared character after relogging on the same server (had some bug with moves on F1, F2,... I couldn't do any of these moves). And it happened to me for the second time this week :( I will probably report this.

I never lost a character on DayZ with these wipe bugs. After all, these are not bugs to speak of. Just join official protected server and not some who's name are like "Dave's supercoooool surver, join!". These servers don't have a good connection to the database. So if you spawn as a fresh spawn, you can assume these two things. You either died while logging out, or you entered a server that has problems connecting to the database. To avoid losing all of your progress if you come with the latter, just instantly disconnect and connect to another server.