zerox024

Crash to destkop, game minimizes

I did start crashing again but with out the disconnection bug so i have changed my game to experimental and "touch wood" no crashes might be worth a shot

You do know the Devs most likely dont read this forum right? So all your bitching to the admins here on the forum will get you nowhere..

Post it in the feedback tracker not here.. 

Yes it is a major problem and the admins, does not say anything about fixes or smth... that really doesn`t sound good 
flush is a quick fix it really helps, because if you re in fight and that happens you can recover fast.. before i was using  that i died way too much times ...

bitching??mate f*ck off, turn on the brain,and yes it has been posted on the bugreporter

• Like 1

Hi guys, new to this site but after having the same problems as you all, thought I'd get involved as I'm about to go crazy!!!

Win7 64bit

I5 4670k

Gtx 970 g1(4gb)

8gb ram

Problem driving me mad, sometime 4-5 hours play, sometimes 5 mins. Flushing vram doesn't work but, I have another quick fix......

When you're stuck on desktop, press etc (as if your going to abort) then press alt/return. This puts game to windowed mode and allows you to carry on playing. But it will crash again at some point.

Ive tried all the above fixes apart from underclocking gpu and nothing, completely ruined a brilliant game...forgot to mention, problem only started after I upgraded gpu from a gtx 750ti

Oh yeah, it's not gpu overheating, even in full flow, I only hit the 55degree mark

Plus.... (sorry for this) I can run every other game I play on high or ultra perfectly

Hey man

have you tried disabling post processing and anti aliasing as well??

i am running without that and low graphics aswell and almost no crashes(sometimes once a month or something)

but for now it is the best i can do man

Haven't tried the post processing dude, all helps appreciated though, thanks

Will post updates

Mine just started doing this since the new patch I have tried EVERYTHING and still no fix.  I have opened a new report on this in BUG REPORTS.  So what is going on, how is it the game worked flawlessly for months then 1 patch and now it dont work?

I just noticed something interesting.  I have a Steel Series Siberia V2 USB headset and I have had it for a long time.  I have only just recently had this issue since .50 patch but I switched my audio from headset DEFAULT AUDIO back to my speakers, and ran the game and it has not crashed yet.  So anyone else having this issue do you have a USB headset?  I will report back if I crash at all.

UPDATE

Game ran fine for over 1 hour.  I will try setting audio back to headset to see if it crashes again.

Edited by snipe05

I just noticed something interesting.  I have a Steel Series Siberia V2 USB headset and I have had it for a long time.  I have only just recently had this issue since .50 patch but I switched my audio from headset DEFAULT AUDIO back to my speakers, and ran the game and it has not crashed yet.  So anyone else having this issue do you have a USB headset?  I will report back if I crash at all.

UPDATE

Game ran fine for over 1 hour.  I will try setting audio back to headset to see if it crashes again.

Well, i normally use the headset when playing dayz as it is almost mandatory to have a mic and also i can hear with more detail everything, they are indeed USB connected, and most of the times i run it on with the headset as default!

regarding the crashes, i have put everything on lowest settings and disabled most processing for the game itself(Vsync,etc...) so far, 1 crash a long time ago but other than that runs somewhat stable, will try to boost settings again and fire it up on speakers

Well I did a quick test with it back on headset as default and it seemed to work fine (I didn't have much time to test), BUT I have not been able to give it a proper test yet to narrow down if this is the issue for sure.  I find it strange that this is the only thing that had changed and it was working fine.  A few things I am going to try is setting it to headset as default and then rebooting with that setting and see if it crashes, if so I will set to speakers and if it works fine then I know, but if is still crashes I will reboot with speakers as default (like how it was last night when it worked).  It might have been a coincidence but this is the only thing I can figure out.  Would love to hear from everyone on this.

EDIT

I played for about 2 hours tonight no issues at all.  I was using my USB headset so what ever it was that was giving me a hard time has gone away.  If it was something to do with the headset I have no idea what it was.

Edited by snipe05

well, i have played using both headphones and speakers with higher settings(AA on, and a bunch more of options as well) graphics on high , i do lag but it did not crash for half hour play

cannot confirm anything...

So did it actaully crash at about 30 mins or did you stop playing? I have not had this issue re-occur since the first night it happened so not sure what is happening.

i stopped playing with no crash!

but yesterday the game did hang up on me(diferente from the crash to desktop it happened) it did not exit to the desktop but it simply froze the image, had to force close it! (i was on speakers, so far with headphones did not happen so can't confirm anything yet)

I have plays many times now and it has been working fine with no crash, not sure what fixed it but seems to be good to me now.

Just had this happen to me for the first time yesterday. Was sad because I had survived a major desync with a zombie beating me but then this error happened to me about an hour later; again, with zombies beating me and someone shooting. Needless to say, my guy died  :( .

Did OP report this error already on the issue tracker? I can't find it. 

I am getting this exact same issue .  Except the stupid LEFT SHIFT FLUSH fix does not work.  it just takes me to the dayz loading screen and does nothing.  I do realize that this game is in alpha and the warning before purchase and before you play. But come on, this issue has been on this forum since april.  I thought what we were doing was helping develop the game.  I can't do my part when my game shuts down EVERY TIME 5 minutes into the game.  Like does anyone involved in the development of this even look at this? Sorry for the terrible grammar and typing.  I'm done playing this, until I see its been fixed in this forum. 

Edited by jdkillin861

SO here i`m back after like 6 months of not playing.. yesterday i started the game, and to my big suprise what happened ? oh again the minimize shit, flushing still doesnt work.

I used to have the problem of crashing or getting blocky graphics resulting in low fps and slow movement.

Read throught the tracker where someone stated use a 64Bit System -> Now runs without any problems except for the occasional fps drop

I have the same problem and it just got worse.

System Specs:

AMD FX 6 core 3.79GHz

16GB or RAM

MSI Radeon R9 280X

Motherboard: Asus MSA97 LE R2.0

I have the same exact issue that everyone is complaining about in this forum.  I just want everyone to know that it just isn't Nvidia cards that are experiencing this.  Once the issue began, I decided to uninstall the game and re-install it.  I noticed that my graphics would not go above 640x480 (which is pretty weird consitering my rig.  That was a big mistake.  Now I can't even get into the game because upon start up it minimizes and won't let me in.  I am currently in the process of updating my graphics drivers to see if that solves any of this issue.  If not I am not going to be happy.  This issue also happens to one of the people that I play DayZ with online so this isn't just some random issue, it is a dev issue and it is pretty recent - within the last few builds.

(and yes, I have tried to alt+tab and/or select the minimized icon on the task bar to re-enter and it does nothing)

Any input and help would be appreciated.

Thx.

Edited by kroms001

***Update***

I am now able to get into DayZ.  How many of you have the "resolution bug"?  Where the game is automatically set at low resolution?  In my case, it was set at 640x480 and compensated by 200% rendering which made it horrible looking.  I looked up the resolution bug and was able to fix it, and actually get into the game.  As for playing it and having it minimize - I am going to test that out tonight.

Anyone that has resolution issues and think that it might be part of this problem here is a link that will help you fix it
http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/540744935156985772/

If the game doesn't kick me and minimize tonight, I will definately believe that the "resolution bug" had something to do with it.