zerox024

Crash to destkop, game minimizes

Has this been tested out??

seems to be one of those fixes that might work!!

( The game only seems to crash if you "use" too much of the GPU, meaning, if you run around too much or turn your head too much forcing the gpu to load more graphics, can anyone confirm??)

i tryed that, didnt change, 

my graphics is around 70% of use when i play dayz, so it`s not forcing or something like that

i also have this problem with it crashitg to desktop. It only happends in DAYZ and it is ruining the game for me. Tried the flush thing, it works and it also makes me game look better when done. Dont like doing this for a fix at all.

SYSTEM SPECS

Win-7 64bit

CPU Clock
2.66GHz

CPU Cores
4 cores, 8 threads

System Mem.
4.0GB

Video Card
ATI Radeon HD 4800 series

Driver Version
8.850.0.0   (updated to 8.970.100.1100)

Driver Date
2011-4-9    (updated 2013-4-29)

Video Mem.
0.5GB

Will try game and post back with results after driver updated.
Edited by WARWHORE(UWS)

i also have this problem with it crashitg to desktop. It only happends in DAYZ and it is ruining the game for me. Tried the flush thing, it works and it also makes me game look better when done. Dont like doing this for a fix at all.

SYSTEM SPECS

Win-7 64bit

CPU Clock

2.66GHz

CPU Cores

4 cores, 8 threads

System Mem.

4.0GB

Video Card

ATI Radeon HD 4800 series

Driver Version

8.850.0.0   (updated to 8.970.100.1100)

Driver Date

2011-4-9    (updated 2013-4-29)

Video Mem.

0.5GB

Will try game and post back with results after driver updated.

Damn it

I was sure it was bound to the nvidia GTX series and very rarely some ATI series but not the ATI radeon HD series

By the way

A side note: my game only crashes if i move(especially run) too much, if i stay in the same spot (around a few buildings and not leave the area) the game does not crash!! ( but it has also happened on the menu aswell when idle)

I believe it has something to do with "overflooding" of the graphics creation thus crashing the driver

I have also contacted nvidia but i have yet to receive an answer!!

Do you guys have any software running, which may start a conflict? For example, if i have Fraps open, then DayZ starts to minimize itself, if i have logitech mumble plugin enabled, mumble crashes, etc. Also, if you have low-end to mid-end graphic cards, turn off your graphic settings! (also windows aero, etc).

Plus, i recommend that guide to get better FPS:

Edited by Amachie

Do you guys have any software running, which may start a conflict? For example, if i have Fraps open, then DayZ starts to minimize itself, if i have logitech mumble plugin enabled, mumble crashes, etc. Also, if you have low-end to mid-end graphic cards, turn off your graphic settings! (also windows aero, etc).

Plus, i recommend that guide to get better FPS:

No mate, it seems specific to the game itself(no other programs interfere)

altough might help on the timing of it, but not necessarily on its cause!!

I have tried all settings ranging from low to high( no ultra or very low) but FPS gain seems to have no influence, the only influence that i have noticed is how fast you "ask" the game for graphic generation(moving around too much)

What is your GPU???

Have the same problem. Fixed mine when i underclock my vcard. Using a EVGA Gtx 550 ti. stock clock is 980mhz . I underclock it to 950 and it never crash again.

I have been getting the same exact problems. Sometimes it will do the usual, crash to desktop after any random amount of time (sometimes 10 minutes, 30, or about an hour) while being able to still control my character and hear sounds but can't get back in without quitting it through either task manager or right clicking the DayZ icon from the taskbar and hitting "Close window", and other times (just started recently) the game will completely crash Steam. 

System specs:

System Model: Dell XPS 8700

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645

Approx. Total Memory: 4037 MB

Driver updated to 335.23 (anything else lags Arma 3 and crashes Rising Storm)

I downgraded my driver a bunch of times to see if It would fix it, nope. My current drver runs Arma 3 beautifully.

I noticed that disabling McAffee's firewall while playing will sometimes fix the crashing, but that is temporary and can be dangerous.

I haven't tried Razor Booster, if anybody has, does it disable GeForce Experience along with ShadowPlay? Does it even work?

Sorry for the really long post, I am urgent to fix this problem, I even contacted NVIDIA about it, no response though.

Thinking about downgrading to Windows 7, thinking it could solve it but now as I see others who have 7 are getting crashes too..... D:

EDIT: My friend told me a fix, quit steam, make sure DayZ isn't running, and got to: Computer > OS (C:) > Users > (Your name) > My Documents > DayZ and delete your DayZ.cfg folder. Relaunch DayZ and it will reset your video configuration so you will have to redo all of that. Don't worry it won't reset any saved characters. This fixed it for us, try it out if anybody is still looking for a solution!

Edited by JDelicious

Still no help? Maybe its just how under developed this game is. Dev will put cosmetic shit in and not fix the real problems. I think ill just try a new vid card cuz i cant figure it out and nothing seems to work. 

I have a GTX550 Ti and the problem with me is the driver version. I'm (was)using version "335.23" and it kept crashing every time to the desktop. I downgraded to "334.89" and the problem still occurred. I even tried the beta versions and still. So I went all the way down to "332.21" and haven't had a single crash.

BUMP!

Has anyone tried updating their BIOS on their motherboards and then doing a complete uninstall/reinstall of their graphical drivers? I'm going to try this in the coming days and post my results this weekend.

Hey guys, i posted this on my own topic about this and thought about posting it here too!!

the game seems to not crash me while on servers with only 1st person perspective!!

can someone confirm??

nope, crashes appear on hardcore as well. Can't confirm that.

nope, crashes appear on hardcore as well. Can't confirm that.

Yep, it crashed aswell after some time with me!!

Thank you for the reply!!

again guys, bringing up the dead on this topic

since saturday(pheraps?) my game constantly crashes, every session takes about 10 min, and even after using the "flush" command, it keeps crashing,

anyway, just wanted to know if its related to me or you guys experiencing it aswell!!

Guys, great news!!!

a Developer answered in the bug report área, all you have to do is disable Vsyinc, as for the experimental build they say it has been fixed!!!

(have tested it, the game wanted to crash 2 tmes, started the hang ups, but much shorter and does not crash at all)

ok i have a brand new asus.  And Im haveing the same prob i dont understand it. like the exact same prob. except a very new and high performance PC. Its really irritating. HELP 

I7 processor

12 G Ram

4G Graphics card 

Guys, great news!!!

a Developer answered in the bug report área, all you have to do is disable Vsyinc, as for the experimental build they say it has been fixed!!!

(have tested it, the game wanted to crash 2 tmes, started the hang ups, but much shorter and does not crash at all)

I tried this but it still keeps crashing for me, it seems like it crashes one of the graphic card drivers and my drivers are all up to date

Edited by Drothe

I tried this but it still keeps crashing for me, it seems like it crashes one of the graphic card drivers and my drivers are all up to date

ok it seems after i have dropped my graphics to low and turned Vsyinc off i haven't crashed for a while, its not pretty but works

ok it seems after i have dropped my graphics to low and turned Vsyinc off i haven't crashed for a while, its not pretty but works

Nope i still crash :/

though it is once a hour to once every two hours

• Like 1