Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Depth

Machete isn't as good as I thought it would be.

Yeah i hope the machete gets a buff soon. I like using different melee, the fireaxe just gets way too annoying...

Yeah i hope the machete gets a buff soon. I like using different melee, the fireaxe just gets way too annoying...

melee overhaul next stable patch

• Like 2

Anyone else use a machete ever?

Here's a vid of mine where the second half is me using a machete on a guy, but it takes FOREVER to bring him down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdv6Qecosx4

Was I just not hitting him right or what?

I heard the machete was getting an overhaul in damage if im not mistaken but yeah it was a real disappointment when i found one especially in pristine condition. Its worse than the wrench atm.

Sure look like you're hitting him.  

Yeah mean, as you can tell, the guy was bleeding all over the place, but just wasn't going down for quite some time.

What is the best one-handed mele weapon?  I like using the hammer or machete because hey don't slow you down as much as an axe or bat does.  Any others?

That is why we call it the butter knife/spreader

Haha, i see. Yeah I tried using the machete to deal with zeds. Found out i'd be better off with a shovel. Was unimpressed.

What is the best one-handed mele weapon?  I like using the hammer or machete because hey don't slow you down as much as an axe or bat does.  Any others?

You mean hatchet? They have yet to put one in game yet. I assume its coming with throwing items.

Totally aggree with this......its pants! I found one while gearing and dropped the baseball bat I was carrying only to find it wasnt any better at all......after hacking at zombies for ages trying not to waste my ammo only to get fed up and shoot them anyway I dropped it the second I found a fire axe(1 hit kill 3/4 of the time 2 hits the rest)

Whoever put it in the game forgot to sharpen it first!

it seems like all one hand weapons without a stabbing animation do the same damage.

Out of the blunt weapons, this is the one you can't miss the head with, actually. Also the hammer. I wouldn't mind a buff from my 3 hits to kill to one, though lol.

Loved the cries of hacker...hmm that hammer seemed more effective than i gave it credit for lol. Props for the taking on even or better foe beanz for you....

How cool would it be if you could slice someone's arm off or head @_@

that would be great.

i don't think the engine will ever support something as complex as that.

not hating, just being real.

Yeah I wouldn't think it would either. I'd still love to have the ability to hang people and set people on fire.  

How cool would it be if you could slice someone's arm off or head @_@

That would be like ragdoll gameplay effects there. Would be cool if Rocket could find a way to put death moves like this in game. Or when shooting certain parts of zombies bodies chunks of flesh shoot off exposing various internal organs and such.

Edited by Deathlove

I would love it if you shoot someone in the head with a shotgun from point-blank and it just explodes into naughtiness

Yeah I wouldn't think it would either. I'd still love to have the ability to hang people and set people on fire.  

the engine is half arma 2 with some arma 3 and some new coding thrown in.

expect what you can expect from those games. i own both and nothing in them comes close to what people want/expect out of this game.

ACE mod and ISLAND LIFE mods... DAYZ might copy and improve upon them to give us something great.

in my fantasy dayz: duct tape + rope + knife + jerry can + proper animations and physics = scene from reservoir dogs.

reality of real dayz: NOPE

Can you explain what those mods are? Also, will you elaborate on the things you can do in the mods?

Thank :)

the engine is half arma 2 with some arma 3 and some new coding thrown in.

expect what you can expect from those games. i own both and nothing in them comes close to what people want/expect out of this game.

ACE mod and ISLAND LIFE mods... DAYZ might copy and improve upon them to give us something great.

in my fantasy dayz: duct tape + rope + knife + jerry can + proper animations and physics = scene from reservoir dogs.

reality of real dayz: NOPE

Im cool if they put Nintendo sprites in game but thats just me. XD

Edited by Deathlove