Hamplaser

How the heck do i play this?

I cannot do sh!t in this game, because the controls are just EXTREMELY bad. I am trying to understand the options, without any luck. I cant even walk without my character automaticly just lays down in the grass. And i dont even know how to turn on my damn flashlight. If someone can help me here, to say how i even ******* do anything, i will sarvel of joy.

Youtube

Search: how to play dayz

or

noob tips dayz

or

dayz standalone gameplay

• Like 1

Youtube

Search: how to play dayz

or

noob tips dayz

or

dayz standalone gameplay

Eveything i find is not about the controls. It's about: "You must remember to get many food supplies, get medical stuff, find good weapons" etc.

or just go into your options and read what each key is assigned to... that's a good place to start.

• Like 2

I use a gamepad and my experience has improved vastly over the keyboard mouse combo.

Use JoyToKey and d-input (not x-input, aka xbox controller). I can give you my JoyToKey profile. You do everything except the 0-9 hotkeys and zeroing.

Try playing something else. It sounds like DayZ isn't the game for you.

Well i would really hate to spend 30$ on nothing.

or just go into your options and read what each key is assigned to... that's a good place to start.

I dont understand anything of it. Like interacting is a huge mystery. When i use the flashlight, i fress f, and it says 'turn on'. Then i left click, because i THINK that is what [prim] mouse button is. And nothing happens.

A certain level of deductive reasoning is required to play this game (I.E flashlights need batteries before they work which is why you have a battery in your inventory). If you go to the forums before you check the key bindings for basic settings then you might consider an easier game.

i dont even know how to turn on my damn flashlight.

Open your inventory (tab) and right click the flashlight.  Select "turn on". 

Primary mouse button (the left one) is to fire a weapon.

When interacting with things around you, with your hands, your inventory, press tab. There you can drag and drop things in your hands or in your vicinity or from the vicinity to your hands, etc. When you have an object in your hands like the flashlight, press F to activate it. Same goes for food, bandages, and other things. You press F for all that stuff. Sometimes though, you'll be given options you can see when you scroll with the mouse wheel. For example if you have bandages in your hand, and you're beside a person, use the mouse wheel to highlight whether you want to bandage yourself or the other player. Same concept for lots of other things especially medical supplies.

Hope that helps :)

Well i would really hate to spend 30$ on nothing.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/153994-early-access-important-information-known-issues/

Quote: "Do not buy the game yet!" - Rocket

The controls are virtually identical to any other FPS game on the PC. Standard WASD controls.

If your character lays down when you try to walk it means his legs are broken and he will crawl forward instead.

Edited by Hutch

And I thought I was bad when I wrote down basic controls on some paper (from finding them in the options).

Then after a short while I remembered them! Crazy.

Edited by Kestrol

The game is fucking broken. When i try to walk, he just goes prone! Wtf?

Legs broken. Figure it out.

The game is fucking broken. When i try to walk, he just goes prone! Wtf?

sounds like your legs are broken rather than the game.

L

I guess you have to use this crazy new internetmachine about telling you where you can find stuff and so on. I forgot the name. Just google it. 

2/10 btw. 

• Like 1

Yeah the controls are really hard to understand. Walkin is WASD (completely insane WTF) and when having your flashlight in han you scroll your mousewhell and it suddenly says "turn on/off" (if you managed to put the battery into it, which seems too hard for you (keys for inventory are also located on your keyboard, forgot to mention that for WASD, try the upper left part of your keyboard))

As for your character lying down when you try to walk, you probably have a broken leg.

• Like 1

Hamplaser, you are giving minimal information.  Do you know your key bindings, also the WASD movement of many first person shooters on a PC?  Z = prone, X = crouch, C = upright.  Perhaps you can reset your controls to the defaults.  Are you using a keyboard or just a large button with a "Z" on it? More info please.

I cant even walk without my character automaticly just lays down in the grass.

Reads like you have broken legs. Sorry bud. Go die or find someone to fix you up. 

Legs broken. Figure it out.

Hamplaser I think that's the reason for you going prone when trying to WALK. Most probably you don't own any morphine. Applying morphine will fix your broken joints (however that works).

Other than that, check your keyboard settings... I didn't experience any of your problems when I started playing Day-Zee.