Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

Session lost sounds more like you are having network issues. What country are you from? What kind of internet connection do you have? On which servers and what game version (stable/experimental) do you get this issue?

connection: Fastweb 5mb

Server: All server crash

version: last 

1 week ago I'havnt any problem... 

But what you say?? live you in wonderland??

This is a Beta/Alpha...first thing you need to fix the bug...  you cant finish a  game scripting if a 20% of player cant join in the server... you CANT use 100% of your scripter for rain, heartshock and sound vomiting (nosense) ... you have earned 20milion euro.. with 10milion you can buy 500new scripter  ( and you can put in the bank 10milion )

So make yourself a gaming studio and make a better game.

You just confirmed that you have NO CLUE what you are talking about. 500 scripters wouldnt help anything.

Sometimes more people can just ruin the development because it makes it harder to work together and reach the goal you want.

If you change one thing in a piece of code, it can just cause 2 new bugs, then you fix those two bugs, you end up with 4 new bugs. And so on.

Just realize it takes time to do these things.

See, that's a start, I've looked at your thread and you are not providing any info at all, how are the devs supposed to track down the issue like that?

Edit: Also, check this thread on steam forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/648814845242239437/ looks like you might have been banned by VAC.

Edited by Sleezy

See, that's a start, I've looked at your thread and you are not providing any info at all, how are the devs supposed to track down the issue like that?

Edit: Also, check this thread on steam forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/648814845242239437/ looks like you might have been banned by VAC.

Steam support reply: " this is a Dayz problem, no ban. contact their administrator, no vac , no steam support"

this thing is even more incredible ...  we talk of my problem in Update Topic... no reply in "Bug Reports" and "Troubleshooting"   

Edited by spaccio

It's a bloody problem on your end, not ours, nor the developers. Not everybody is "all server crashing", so your problem can't be magically fixed instantly. Have patience, the developers are working hard to constantly update their servers and connection among vast amounts of other things.

If this is your attitude to a small issue, then stop playing an early alpha game. It is clearly not for you, and you evidently were incapable of heeding the multiple warnings hurled at you both before and after purchase.

Still no fix for the military camps. What's this, 5 patches it's been broken now? You need to start cracking down on bugs before piling more stuff on top of them.

Maybe they are redoing military camps in future? So its no need to do the pointless work when you are planing to do changes to it in the future.

Edited by SirAllar
  • Like 1

jIZJuy6.jpg

Looking at that cooking pot, I got an idea, can they make it wearable? some sort of head protection. that would be fun hahahaha....

• Like 8

It's a bloody problem on your end, not ours, nor the developers. Not everybody is "all server crashing", so your problem can't be magically fixed instantly. Have patience, the developers are working hard to constantly update their servers and connection among vast amounts of other things.

If this is your attitude to a small issue, then stop playing an early alpha game. It is clearly not for you, and you evidently were incapable of heeding the multiple warnings hurled at you both before and after purchase.

alpha game... alpha game.. alpha game... ok this is an alpha game we understand... the problem is:

Some player on Dayz Standalone and Dayz Mod have this problem : Session Lost = cant play...

In Dayz SA NO ONE DEVELOPERS ( repeat: NO ONE )  reply from december in any topic about this error... No one... if an administrator had written "we are working for fix it" .. I'd be at peace with myself .. but no one reply.. no one....

Edited by spaccio

Still no fix for the military camps. What's this, 5 patches it's been broken now? You need to start cracking down on bugs before piling more stuff on top of them.

They're not broken. They were spawning to much loot in the first place. 

• Like 4

oh rly man?? I love test game... I'm happy to test/play Dayz Standalone and I buy it for that reason... but me and other 100-200 gamers have spent 23euro and cant play from 1 week... you are happy to test/play, we are unhappy becouse cant play... 

We  have reported this bug in 100 thread and NO ONE ( developers, scripters, designers etc etc)  reply it... NO ONE...  they could at least write "we are working to resolve it" .. BUT NOTHING....

Ok is an Beta/alfa or what, but we have spent 23euro as donation?? with 20milion euro the Blizzard  have created 3 completly games... then what with 20milion euro  ? 

ah ... from Steam support: is a Dayz problem, talk with administrator...

oh tnx Steam for reply

You chose to ignore the warning on Steam yourself, there is only one person responsible for that. The FACT remains that this is alpha release you're ( trying to, at least ) playing, and each and every bug is one you will just have to deal with. Yes, a bug can be reported 2 times, 100 times or 10000 times. Bugs will be fixed, when they are fixed. Not because YOU ( or anyone for that matter ) thinks they are entitled to get bugs fixed because they paid for it, but because the developers find the bug important enough to fix! You are NOT entitled to anything, so don't act like you do. If you can't play now, maybe you can next week, maybe not.. In the meantime, take your negativity and pout somewhere else ( maybe try Battlefield, alot of crybabies are there, you might feel at home there )

• Like 4

Came upon a interesting bug last night while playing experimental.

Finally found a durable leather jacket (badly damaged.) and went on to look for a sewing kit in svetlo.

My character was still "soaking wet" after looting the ship off the coast of Berezino when i found a sewing kit in svetlo. Used it and the jacket became Ruined instead of worn.

Oh well, found a friendly Swede along the way who hiked along. Good times.

• Like 1

Boston the my is a crappy american gun so its realistic that it spreads like it does in the game, if they would implement german weapons they would should damn accurate as in real life, its only dependet on the shitty american construction of this crap m4 rifel ;) so add a g36 or a g3 and it will shoot 800 meters and above straight on target, but with an m4 like in real life spray and pray like the soldiers in iraq ;)

I am German, and as much as I am proud of German engineering... THIS does happen: http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article106223581/Deutsches-Sturmgewehr-fuer-langen-Kampf-untauglich.html

For those that can't read German, essentially it states that the G36 rifle has been found to have major problems with maintaining a shot group past 200m if the rifle is hot. Understandably, this is probably only an issue with longer engagements, but personally I'd rather have something that's reliable at all times.

I've also heard complaints that the G36's optics become a pain in rain or high moisture conditions because the water makes it blurry or the lens foggy.

I also hear that the shot group is about 4 inches at 100 yards for the G36C, which is about the same for the M4.

So, if you're comparing apples to apples, a CQB (close quarter battle) weapon to another CQB weapon, such as the G36C to the M4... then they perform about the same, the G36C is probably more reliable, however the sights suck when you've got it at the ready position for an extended period of time, which you won't get if it uses a similar picatinny rail sight system like the M4/AR (which some SWAT teams have done to mitigate the lens fogging issue).

Of course, if your only experience with rifles is COD/BF3/BF4 then just keep playing your games and stop blowing smoke up people's arses... ;)

Edited by sniperdoc
  • Like 3

yeah and QWOP! why can't we have QWOP based movement?

i would actually laugh my ass off if in one version of the alpha everyone has his controls set to this crap

it will be complete chaos

I know they are working on stuff hard but uh I think it would be nice to focus on buildings killing players and things like that before you worry about heartattacks and all that nonsense. Otherwise can't wait till this goes to stable.

and all this M4A1 vs whatever talk. AK > all end of story.

Edited by escobert

I am German, and as much as I am proud of German engineering... THIS does happen: http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/article106223581/Deutsches-Sturmgewehr-fuer-langen-Kampf-untauglich.html

For those that can't read German, essentially it states that the G36 rifle has been found to have major problems with maintaining a shot group past 200m if the rifle is hot. Understandably, this is probably only an issue with longer engagements, but personally I'd rather have something that's reliable at all times.

I've also heard complaints that the G36's optics become a pain in rain or high moisture conditions because the water makes it blurry or the lens foggy.

I also hear that the shot group is about 4 inches at 100 yards for the G36C, which is about the same for the M4.

So, if you're comparing apples to apples, a CQB (close quarter battle) weapon to another CQB weapon, such as the G36C to the M4... then they perform about the same, the G36C is probably more reliable, however the sights suck when you've got it at the ready position for an extended period of time, which you won't get if it uses a similar picatinny rail sight system like the M4/AR (which some SWAT teams have done to mitigate the lens fogging issue).

Of course, if your only experience with rifles is COD/BF3/BF4 then just keep playing your games and stop blowing smoke up peope's arses... ;)

well you're missing the latest news to this (http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/sturmgewehr-g36-mangel-munition-soll-probleme-verursacht-haben-a-954014.html)

Edited by Kautsch

this is a really nice update. thank you for your great work!! i enjoyed playing on the experimental recently. just one thing: by adding all this new stuff, i hope you don't overlook the critical issues that you have still left. i'd rather have a critical issue solved, instead of a new gun for example.

by critical issues i mean things like:

- respawn loot without server restarts

- make zombies not glitch through walls

- players glitching through walls and/or into places where they can't get out again (this is probably an issue in the engine, and i don't know if you are able to fix this)

- performance in big cities (also engine related)

- fix occasions where you'd just loose your character, because of server- / networkerrors or something like this.

You probably already know this and work on it. Just sayin ;-)

Edited by nautic

It's astounding how many players (undoubtedly 17 year old boys) are absolutely certain they know more than Rocket and the team regarding the development of a game. They've so far released nearly a patch a week, adding interesting content and fixing the bugs they feel need fixing along the way. Combat logging was complained about unanimously, so they fixed it as best they could, when people started crying like the CoDbabies they are about "not enough guns" they add more.

Surprisingly, and this may come as a shock to all you ultracrepidarian jackasses out there who think you know it all, the devs for this game know damn well what they're doing, are working hard, and your incredible insightful 'advice' about "hEy y don't u to the ZoMbIes runninG thru walls b4 adding the Hart AttAcks u IDIOTS" is not going to help anyone.

We haven't seen a changelog or huge patch for a week, oh no, lets all cry about it and start to doubt the credibility of a small group of developers who have made an alpha game that is already extremely enjoyable in its current state. Quit bitching about things you don't understand, maybe realise game developers know a little more than you bout developing games, and if you don't like it, consider not playing it.

We're seeing the start of a weather implementation system relative to player health, this is huge, it's increasing the PVE challenge that the game could use to make it feel a little less like the worlds biggest deathmatch. But no, God forbid you can't gear up in ten minutes at the military tents and hunt those fresh spawns like the true survivor you are!

Edited by olin
  • Like 22

Thank you Olin, very nice first post!!! You got my beanz

• Like 1

this is a really nice update. thank you for your great work!! i enjoyed playing on the experimental recently. just one thing: by adding all this new stuff, i hope you don't overlook the critical issues that you have still left. i'd rather have a critical issue solved, instead of a new gun for example.

by critical issues i mean things like:

- respawn loot without server restarts

- make zombies not glitch through walls

- players glitching through walls and/or into places where they can't get out again (this is probably an issue in the engine, and i don't know if you are able to fix this)

- performance in big cities (also engine related)

- fix occasions where you'd just loose your character, because of server- / networkerrors or something like this.

You probably already know this and work on it. Just sayin ;-)

Well lucky for us this update increases performance in one of the cities so thats already a begining. Edited by basinox

Anyone know when this is going to stable? 

I thought it would be pushed this morning during maintenance but I'm not sure if it was or not.

Thanks!

Has anyone actually experienced a heart-attack yet? Or you're just assuming that heart attacks will be common and caused by sprinting without actually having any knowledge of what causes them and how likely they are? Why not wait to see how they actually work before saying they're a bad addition?

While playing last night I didn't notice much affect on gameplay, so I take back what I said.