Sign in to follow this  
beshere

Group PvE end game

Hello, all.

I have a suggestion to improve DayZ. We need some sort of end game pve here. For example, what if castles or airfields was occupied by a bands of bot soldiers with a military class weapons? It will be a good target for groups of players, who survived and have some guns. Now they have no target beside a fresh characters on the beach.

Edited by beshere
  • Like 1

NPCs will never happen.  'End Game' PVE stuff will probably focus around things like repairing the power plant or building a base/bunker, and even then it won't be fully PVE.

• Like 1

NPCs will never happen.  'End Game' PVE stuff will probably focus around things like repairing the power plant or building a base/bunker, and even then it won't be fully PVE.

This bad guys bots not an NPC. They are mobs. Like a zombies with guns, that's all. Why not?

""Now they have no target beside a fresh characters on the beach.""

Please stop suggesting solutions to temporary problems. Just grin and bare it.

""Now they have no target beside a fresh characters on the beach.""

Please stop suggesting solutions to temporary problems. Just grin and bare it.

That not a temporary problem. It's a fundamental and fatal problem of the game for PvE oriented players. I survived, I have food and kvas, I have a gun... what next if I'm not a PvP-player?

And this idea is very easy to emplement - the bots in ARMA already know how to shoot.

Once there are bases to defend and Z to attack them, all your boredom will be solved.

Once there are bases to defend and Z to attack them, all your boredom will be solved.

The bases, camps and other stuff in that style is  OK. BUT! Can you imagine how dificult to develop such functionality for servers that must restart periodically? And how difficult to design this feature in the game without instance system? What will be with your camp after server restart? Who will defend it when you offline?

Edited by beshere

""What will be with your camp after server restart?""

Server resets will be on a much larger timescale and bases and stuff will be permanent. Loot respawn is the first step.

""Who will defend it when you offline?""

Bases can only be attacked when at least 1 of the base members (character) is playing dayz.

Maybe If all members log out during an attack, the base surrenders. This to avoid exploiting the above.

""dificult to develop""

Thats no excuse. It is reasonable to assume that great things require great effort. I can wait for excellence but shall not stand for mediocrity.

• Like 1

This bad guys bots not an NPC. They are mobs. Like a zombies with guns, that's all. Why not?

Let me rephrase, Rocket has said Non Zombie or Non Animal AI would NEVER happen in Vanilla Standalone.  And since I don't see them giving permission to mod the game files anytime soon, there will be no Enemy AI other than zombies or maybe hostile animals.

i know this is COMPLETELY off topic, BUT i want flare guns in the game. just saying.

That not a temporary problem. It's a fundamental and fatal problem of the game for PvE oriented players. I survived, I have food and kvas, I have a gun... what next if I'm not a PvP-player?

I don't mean to sound rude but, find a different game, DayZ isn't for you. This game is not a PvE game and it never will be.

How about doing something like becoming a Doctor? Go around offering help and healing to people? Go help new spawns? Be a bodyguard for another player? 

There's so much that can be done, even at this early stage of the game. 

"This game is not a PvE game and it never will be."

I agree it should not be solely PvE, but it should have a core PvE aspect in the form of Z.

I see the development of weather based PvE as a nice addition.

1.) shoot al guys with gun in a base

2.) enter base

3.) server crash

4.) come back and find yourself totally fucked.

Ranged pve is a very bad idea.

"This game is not a PvE game and it never will be."

I agree it should not be solely PvE, but it should have a core PvE aspect in the form of Z.

I see the development of weather based PvE as a nice addition.

Okay sure, the core of this game is survival against the odds which includes the environment. But it's not WoW where we have endgame raids against castles full of 'bad guys'. That's what I meant when I said it's not PvE.

I mean there should be enough PvE to entertain players who enjoy that sort of thing over PvP. They will just have to put up with the occasional PvP

""what next if I'm not a PvP-player?""

""I don't mean to sound rude but, find a different game, DayZ isn't for you.""

I wouldnt mind someone like that to hold the fort (maybe snipe some Z or build on that armored vehicle) while the rest of us is sniping hoppers at the airfield.

In fact Dean said NPC will happen in the final release, not even in beta...but final...I'll try to find the post about that

In fact Dean said NPC will happen in the final release, not even in beta...but final...I'll try to find the post about that

Im very sure he said NPCs wont happen in vanilla.

And about PvE...

More zombies

Harsh weather

Diseases

Aggresive animals

Scarcity of items

Endgame stuff...

Base building

Vehicles

It's cool that many of you think that the players will endure the interesting game activity by themself for a long time. But I think, that ARMA engine will not allow us to build another EVE-like universe. I think we must take from the engine features it can provide naturally and not dreaming about player bases and instances.

Edited by beshere

This was a pve post. Then he says to camp bambies with the guns. Seems like DayZ fried someones brain...

This was a pve post. Then he says to camp bambies with the guns. Seems like DayZ fried someones brain...

I just like this game and want it's development proceed far than just adding AK-47 for your pleasure.

All I know is if a PvE endgame is added, it must be done so in a way that

- encourages players who don't know each other to work together

- is aimed at geared players (not just weapons, but players with plenty of ammo and medical supply's, as well as other "civilian" items

- a loot reward of some kind must be "dropped"

- the map already has an encounter in place in a certain area, or one can be activated by players but can't be completed by 1 person alone

Short of a giant 80ft zombie roaming the map, i really can't think of what the encounter or objective should be, but something like salvation island from the mod comes to mind, as it did at least encourage groups of players to work towards a goal.