Elidor

What, in your opinion, is the most important item in the game?

I think the fire axe is the most important item in the game at the moment. Fire axe beats zombie, allowing almost effortless looting of food and water and, eventually, firearms. Without the axe, I just can't quite cut the mustard, but with it, I'm gold. I'm sick, insane, crazy, Drivin' Miss Daisy/Out her fuckin' mind, now I got mine, I'm Swayze.

Child's backpack.

If you don't have that, you can't fill it with rotten fruit or anything.

• Like 3

Food & Water. If you don't find some you're dead within 30 minutes of starting no matter what you do. 

• Like 1

Food & Water. If you don't find some you're dead within 30 minutes of starting no matter what you do. 

Aside from these two, I would have to say the splitting axe or fire axe

I think the fire axe is the most important item in the game at the moment. Fire axe beats zombie, allowing almost effortless looting of food and water and, eventually, firearms. Without the axe, I just can't quite cut the mustard, but with it, I'm gold. I'm sick, insane, crazy, Drivin' Miss Daisy/Out her fuckin' mind, now I got mine, I'm Swayze.

Agreed.You can even eat 51% beans left outta the can once you smashed it open.

• Like 1

Rocket aviators because survival just doesnt count unless you can look cool while doing it.......

• Like 8

food, as you can drink from water fountains, maybe also bandages, incase you get hit, but if you can avoid getting hit all you need is food

Rocket aviators because survival just doesnt count unless you can look cool while doing it.......

camo bandanna and rocket aviators are tied and this is exactly why.

Cans of food, and a can opener to open them. Disregarding those, the fire axe for the super op against zeds mode.

Gonna have to run with aviators. I might die of hunger, but at least my eyes don't hurt.

Bandages.. becuase no matter how good you are with the fireaxe, eventualy a zombie will cause you to bleed... but in retro spec, if/when illness/disease and effects from weather and other conditions such as hyper thermia becomes another problem for the player to solve.. clean cloths and fire will become one of the most important.

Morphine and splints. Those things can save lives!

Totally Agree! - after you get the stuff mentioned in the above posts, get a splint (stick+rags) or morphine...

...and pilot helmet to go with the aviators :D