rayman672

Server Hosting Without Paying Or Singleplayer/Lan

Server Hosting Without Paying Or Singleplayer/LAN  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should have Singleplayer mode?

• Yes, absolutely!
    • I honestly don't care
    • No, just, no
  2. 2. What about LAN?

3. 3. (Dumb Question) Do you like bacon?

• Well DUH!
    • No, I'm a vegetarian

I honestly think it would be a good idea for the dev's to implement an In-Game server hosting. It would make it easier to get away from KoS bandits or hackers. Or at least implement a Singleplayer.  Maybe add more Zed to make it the same, at least in enemy numbers. That would probably make it a better selling game and better for people bad at the game, they could play the game without the KoS bandits.  Or with LAN you could make a server and play with friends WITHOUT hackers or KoS bandits finding a way in. Imagine the sale increase.  It could mean players being by themselves with tons more of zed fighting away while looting (Of course not lots of zed but an increased number)

Or people playing with friends at their house without other people leaking into it!

Gimme some beans.

(EDIT)

Another idea is that you can spawn in the same spot with the same character as MP into SP but not take stuff from SP into MP

Edited by rayman672
  • Like 3

Edited by Guest

I think it's a great idea for beginners and people with shit internet connection/no connection at all at some times. Of course you should not be able to gear up offlne and then go online, that should be separate characters! :)

• Like 2

I would really like to be able to host private server myself. Even if its to run 10-20 slot if my home internet do not support more. I have an home server with a clocked i5 3570k, 16gb ram, SSDs and more. Well enough to run 10-20 players of private DayZ !

• Like 1

I don't think it's appropriate for this game. There are tons of single player survival/horror games out there. State of Decay is a great one if single player zombie stomping is your thing.

LAN would be good, which I suppose would function as a single player mode because you could just log on to your LAN server without any other players. But I don't think you should be able to bring that character over to a public internet server.

I think that an option for paying server customers to limit the amount of players on a server to say, 5, is about the best they should consider implementing.

Yes for sure! I really enjoy all the possibilities the multiplayer has but a singleplayer feature is a must for when it comes to survival games. The feeling of being alone against all odds or to be the last possible survivor is oppressing and would add to the immersion. Of course I can hear some saying that it would be too easy with the zombies as they are and all, but by the time the game hits beta or is finished, the final product will be stable enough to provide an enjoyable experience.

Let's not forget that without having to manage all this data server side, the number of zombies could be far greater since they could only make them spawn in a certain radius of the player and not the entire map. (Dean already said that a thousand simultaneous zombies on the map is possible, but no items or players could spawn without taxing the last bandwidth resources.)

I'll always play mutliplayer for all the interactions with other survivors, the kos joys, the good times playing with friends, the intense pvp action and overall feel of the experience, but I would love to have a singleplayer option with multiple levels of difficulty to have some casual play or hardcore survival. Think of Project Zomboid with it's "This is how you died" quote. It's basically what "This is your story" means in DayZ so a big yes to single player.

After all, it's only an option so people can avoid it, and the company would make more money reaching players that don't necessarily likes online games.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

Still waiting on the "Smack the Beans from Hand" button...

Anyone can have his opinion... lol

Besides, having an option to play single player wouldn't hurt your gameplay at all. Ignoring this can only mean you have a better day in the end an avoided futile sources of annoyance.

• Like 1

Let's not forget that without having to manage all this data server side, the number of zombies could be far greater since they could only make them spawn in a certain radius of the player and not the entire map. (Dean already said that a thousand simultaneous zombies on the map is possible, but no items or players could spawn without taxing the last bandwidth resources.)

I think Dean actually said that without loot or players they could have upwards of 4000 zombies at once. I think around 1000 - 2000 is what they're aiming for once everything is optimised. 

Well what I wanted to say was. SEPERATE characters for SP and MP.  You can bring your MP Character in but whatever you get in SP stays in SP.

• Like 1

So your idea is to make the game easier ?

No no no no nooo.   I would just like a way to get away from the KoS bandits...  THEY make the game a tad unrealistic.  They make me fear for the survival of humanity in a zombie apocalypse. :P

• Like 1

No single player . LAN yes , it brings me back to the old dayz mod where regular people took time to configure their own sever files and essentially had LAN servers like origins . Tons of fun just trying to find the flying bitch (fortress) with noone on your server ,so before we criticize lets remember there is a purpose for LAN ( I know a LOT of kids who aren't exactly the hardcore survival type who play this game and aren't very good because they simply won't or can't put their 100% focus into it which we all know is essential if you even wanna live in dayz . But they love the concept of this game so anything to make them actually get their 30 bucks worth is good in my opinion ).

In other words theres a huge quota of casual gamers that would play this game over simpler games if there was a lan feature. I don't know coding but it shouldn't be hard to enable a LAN option , characters wouldn't carry over either obviously . If its truly too hard to code LAN feature into the game then so be it people will just have to deal going to low pop servers like everyone else but if it were possible/ not money or time consuming it would be a much better idea than leaving it out .

EDIT: I just realized there IS a LAN feature in the server browser already ? It obviously doesn't work But shows they are at least trying it or something ? Somebody fill me in if I'm missing something haha .

Edited by Grapefruit kush

No no no no nooo.   I would just like a way to get away from the KoS bandits...  THEY make the game a tad unrealistic.  They make me fear for the survival of humanity in a zombie apocalypse. :P

Unrealistic isn't the word you are looking for there. In a real disaster of the magnitude in this game, people would be shooting you for your shoes.

I think Dean actually said that without loot or players they could have upwards of 4000 zombies at once. I think around 1000 - 2000 is what they're aiming for once everything is optimised. 

Yes, indeed! Thanks for clearing it up!

One more grain of sand in this vast sea...

I find it peculiar that people now are like "No! Please no single player in DayZ!" when there's been single player in DayZ mod for so long I can't remember. Anyone with ArmA2 and the DayZ mod can get the mission file and copy the mod files to make DayZ, single player. Most other versions of the mod and the other maps have also been modified for single player use.

Did any of this affect all those players saying "No!" to a single player feature/version of the stand alone?

Fascinating.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

singleplayer yes, loot save? no. 

LAN, no.

This is getting old. Nobody wants you to play the game the way you want to play the game. Everybody wants you to play it "hard core" against "hard core" players and suffer for it. This is a realistic "zombie apocalypse" (give a minute, I need something to clear my tears) simulator. Because going out there and survive against zombies is too damn risky, we need this game to be as "real" as possible. Stop asking for the easy button.

PS: I think it would be nice to be able to run around alone, or with your friends, on a LAN server and come up with crazy stuff to build or test crazy stuff with the game. All of this without the risk of a jerk ruining your party.

• Like 1

I think...... Lan yes. For playing with friends against zombies. Lan also equals single player. Different characters for lan and online obviously. Imo.

This is getting old. Nobody wants you to play the game the way you want to play the game. Everybody wants you to play it "hard core" against "hard core" players and suffer for it. This is a realistic "zombie apocalypse" (give a minute, I need something to clear my tears) simulator. Because going out there and survive against zombies is too damn risky, we need this game to be as "real" as possible. Stop asking for the easy button.

PS: I think it would be nice to be able to run around alone, or with your friends, on a LAN server and come up with crazy stuff to build or test crazy stuff with the game. All of this without the risk of a jerk ruining your party.

You are exactly the type of person that is one in a billion that makes absolute sense

I wouldn't mind a singleplayer mode if it had a lot of content and stuff to do. Sort of like STALKER without the main quest and all the DayZ stuff.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind a singleplayer mode if it had a lot of content and stuff to do. Sort of like STALKER without the main quest and all the DayZ stuff.

Dude, you change of heart makes me so happy. Honestly. My first posts in here were an exchange of sarcasm about how pve would ruin this game and everybody's experience. But now you seem more open minded and open to the fact that fooling around and relaxing while playing a game could be actual, well, fun. Cheers!

• Like 1