Sign in to follow this  
Passa

Books ? why they exist ?

I read them while I wait for friends.

Nothing sets the mood better than reading Poe and Lovecraft before setting off into an apocalypse.

• Like 2

I handcuff a guy...drop the book...tell him to pick it up...if he dont...i do  1 of 2 things...1)Kill Him.....2)Take his pants and leave him in middle of road with no pants while trying to break out of pristine handcuffs

How do you guys read books?  If there is more than 7 people in a server Im usually taking shots from people.

I also put them inside of my torso piece of equipment as they seem to act as bullet protection atm. 

I also put them inside of my torso piece of equipment as they seem to act as bullet protection atm. 

yeah the bible in my tac vest stopped a point blank mosin shot with me taking almost no damage... Ruined the bible sorry lord i redeemed the savage in your name and smiteth him down with you rod of justic(sawn off shottie)

Peronally i like to cary a bible around for good luck and to read.

yeah the bible in my tac vest stopped a point blank mosin shot with me taking almost no damage... Ruined the bible 

This is wonderful knowledge to me. There are 150 books, gotta collect 'em all!

Books used as trash items is a brilliant idea IMO. Having the option to read them is even better. They give the world authenticity.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't read books.

Rocket had stated that he likes elements of project zomboid. Maybe they will be used to introduce back story or learn skills.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't read books.

I will never understand those imbicels saying "i dont read books hurr durr" . This is so terrible i want to bound them to a pole and make them read some really really good books.

How can you not LOVE to read....gah...guess anotherone of the "Zombie Horde".

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

.To collect them

.for reading

.For burn them

.For hit with them in your head when have been very bad

.to put under your head when you are sleeping in your tent.

.To reach high zones

.for make a fire

.for having less space on your backpack

.for use pages to write on them. ..

To flesh out the world, make it seem like a living (well, not really but the pun is kinda nice so I'll just go with it) breathing place where people once lived.

I love that there is books in DayZ that you can read, but don't you think there's to much of them everywhere?

I feel they should be way more rare...and they kinda take up alot of spawn points.

Just my opinion. Not a big deal really.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

I love that there is books in DayZ that you can read, but don't you think there's to much of them everywhere?

I feel they should be way more rare...and they kinda take up alot of spawn points.

Just my opinion. Not a big deal really.

them taking up to many spawn points would be intentional one would think to help balance out the loot make the actual valuable spawns more rare( if every spawn has a practical use makes looting to easy thats my guess even the mod used what they called junk loots or trash loots..

Armor plating.

When i (s)troll into town in my library...

[in case the OP hasn't figured out how to read books in-game yet; it took me a while]:

Drag it from your inventory on to one of the hotkey slots, and you can open it from there. All the books are old enough to be exempt from copyright, so I think they are all complete volumes (though I've never read one cover to cover). Exit the book by pressing Esc.

Some of them aren't even completely irrelevant to the game, and can help you in a practical way.

Lmfao, I didn't know that. Now I can actually do something while surviving and not killing random ppl. If this is the case then they should never remove the books, it's awesome.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone