savini

Notes You've Found/Written

Being able to write notes and leave them in the world is so much fun. The notes range from mundane or absurd to funny or serious. I think it'd be fun to share screenshots of some of our favorite notes we've found or written. I'll get things started with a couple of my most recent notes.

Below is a note I wrote and kept on me at all times until my unfortunate demise this afternoon.

DayZ2014-02-1614-20-47-04.jpg

Below is a note I wrote and left in a bar in Berezino. I figured with the amount of traffic, someone would come along...read it...and get totally freaked out after reading only to find it was a mean spirited joke. Unless there happened to be someone there as they read it. In that case...my bad

DayZ2014-02-1618-43-11-61.jpg

Share some of your favorites!

• Like 10

I haven't found any written ones yet, but I left a few in Stary sober on the hardcore experimental servers. Dunno if anyone found them or even looked at them though... :D

I've played lots of standalone and only found my first (2) pieces of paper yesterday.. with not much to do in the game in its current status I really would like to mess with folks with this nice feature.. or even leave a paragraph of the                     survival/horror/zombie story I've been writing for the past 3 years

• Like 1

I wrote a new note that I thought was fairly humorous. Inspired by an episode of the Simpsons...I'll just post the note

DayZ2014-03-2313-45-54-87.jpg

And here is my current inventory, with the "Soul" tomato.

DayZ2014-03-2313-45-47-28.jpg

• Like 3

May be giving a pro tip away here, but my buddies and I bloodbag each other when we're healthy for re-use later. I use notes to label which goes to who. That way, you don't need blood test kits.

If anyone has found the notes on my body before I bet its mildly confusing.

• Like 2

I carried this note on my last, last character. and given the circumstances that not only lead up to my death, but also how I was killed. I'd say it was very accurate ...almost laughably so... =/

2014-02-11_00002_zps3d43bf53.jpg

Edited by Kaw
  • Like 1

Found my first note written by someone else 2 days ago on the experimental DE server 04 hardcore. The server didn't seemed to restart and almost every place was looted. I played on it for several hours and encountered a few players. But these are the notes I found/wrote.

rsbh29.jpg

There was a dead guy with a defibrilator in his hands outside...dunno if it's related. Was excited to have found a note written by someone else! :)

Wrote this one on the same server. Left those items next to it.

2bse43.jpg

• Like 4

I love these, they are great, lets us write our own stories.  I have written and left a few notes laying around, never heard if they have been found.  Usually it is in the form of a letter pleading with someone, working in an imaginary aid agency,  to get to nearest the airport to catch an evacuation flight because of the infection. 

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Notes are great but never found a written one yet. 

I always carry a note on me with a  little bullshit story, just for the role playing :)

(Snake)

Kept you waiting, huh?

It's been quite awhile indeed. It used to be that you had to hope someone came across your note in time before the server restarted, but now that persistence is working...notes can be left for a long time. Just waiting to be found.

Anyhow.

Today I was jogging westward, heading for Zelenogorsk. I haven't visited zeleno in quite awhile so I wanted to check up on how one of my favorite towns from mod was doing. During my trek I came across a very small village. I figured I'd stop to have a look and see if I couldn't scrounge up some spaghetti-o's. A few minutes went by and still...no spaghetti-o's. However! I did happen across a mosin.

DayZ2014-10-1412-02-55-11.jpg

The thing was, I had just picked up the new mp133 shotgun and had more than enough shells for it. I had rounds for the mosin as well, but I'm more of a shotgun man personally.

So I was just going to leave and continue my journey, but wouldn't you know it? There lying on the end table was a dirty sheet of paper and a pen on the floor. I figured 'what the hell' and picked 'em both up and came up with a story that would deter anyone from picking up the rifle and potentially finding me...someday.

DayZ2014-10-1412-07-12-16.jpg

I finished the note and dropped it beside the rifle.

DayZ2014-10-1412-07-23-71.jpg

Now, in all likelihood, whoever comes across the rifle will probably just pick up the gun and disregard the note. Which is kind of a bummer, but hopefully someone will see the paper and be curious enough to read it and get a kick out of it. I'd certainly chuckle if I found a note like that.

• Like 3

It's a quote from cyborg, seemed fitting.

• Like 4

7GvUapy.jpg

I made this and still carry it.. I actually at one point put up a reddit post asking for help getting to my extraction point at the top of the tower in Novo.. many showed up and ALL tried to kill me. 

All failed because I had plenty of back-up with my clan.. but damn it was fun! 

One day, I hope someone finds it on my body, right next to the syringe filled with blood: "the cure"  :)

• Like 2

I envy you guys. The notes you find have so much content. The only written note I found was this:
2014-07-07_00001_zps5bccf616.jpg

Edited by saamohod
  • Like 1

That actually contains A LOT OF CONTENT.. if you know what I mean  :P

• Like 1

So why can't we draw or spray on papers or walls again?

Cuz like dem devz wunt no competition. 

OjiFR.jpg