RollenderDieb

Poisoning food with berrys and a syringe

Hello DayZ community

I just had the idea of poisoning your cans or fresh fruits with a syringe filled with the sort of berrys which make you sick.

Do you think this is unrealistic? In my opinion a syringe could easily pierce a food can with a bit of force.

This would add a whole new level of mistrust in the game. Whenever you rob or beg somebody for food you now always have to keep in mind that it could be poisoned. 

I also thought about ways to find out if something is poisoned. Maybe your character can smell the food after opening it or even taste just a litte bit to tell if it has been threatened.

Or you can also search for small holes in the can, which would make the "inspect" function more useful.

I know that people could possibly use this to troll a lot, but please let me know what you think about it. 

And sorry if my english isn't the best but I hope you'll get it. :P

• Like 21

This is an excellent idea, take my beans.

Also why limit this to some cans, lets infect fruit, rice and anything else.

Edited by LeeFriendField

Excellent idea,also introduce diferent kind of poisons,some that can render you unconsious or just sick and make you vomit.

Or have a rare poison that can insta-kill the desired victim.

In my opinion, everything but cans - I don't know my metals, but I don't think syringes are substantial enough to push through a solid can. If someone knows otherwise, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

That being said, I love the idea - poisoning has been brought up before, but not with syringes as the means. 

Or you can also search for small holes in the can, which would make the "inspect" function more useful.

Brilliant! I like your suggestion, but I really like this bit.

• Like 2

I personally like to spray fruit with disinfectant & hand them out time to time to people I meet in my travels. :)

You can already poison food and give it out

Numero uno: Aquire food

Numero dos: Find disinfectant spray

Numero tres: Spray it on the food

Numero cuatro: Give it to a willing survivor! 

You can already poison food and give it out

Numero uno: Aquire food

Numero dos: Find disinfectant spray

Numero tres: Spray it on the food

Numero cuatro: Give it to a willing survivor! 

I tried to eat food, drink a can and eat a fruit that I sprayed with desinfecant and it didyn't poisoned me.

• Like 1

I tried to eat food, drink a can and eat a fruit that I sprayed with desinfecant and it didyn't poisoned me.

Well it's nice to know that this doesn't work currently. I guess I can stop wasting my time. Thanks!

Wouldn't be a good idea.

If you penetrate a can of food in should actually be ruined after a while since it gets rotten

It will happen. Seeing that filling up syringes with feces and injecting it into unconscious players has been talked about...

• Like 1

You can already spray food with Disinfectant Spray and cause people to get sick when they eat it, I like the idea of more ways to poison food.

No. Sealed cans should be safe to eat, there's a reason I don't eat fresh fruit in populated servers. There's no reason to do this other than to troll people, and you've clearly never seen just how delicate a syringe is if you think they're going to easily penetrate a can.

2328527271_5e2fd3f25e2432.jpg

And that's only penetrating flesh.

No to canned food but yes to poisoning opened cans and fruits

Imagine being able to craft RISIN but i dont think you should be able to pierce a can with a syringe.. make it so you have to open it first I would say then give it to them to eat straight away