TEST_SUBJECT_83

CZ550, Horses, Tasers, Persistent Containers, and more Confirmed by Dean in Stream - video

If someone is cruising along on a horse, you know jerk offs are gonna aim for the horse first. And if I see it happen I'm gonna rampage all over the shooter

• Like 2

Is the character in that video wearing Capri jeans?

Grey canvas short pants.

Not sure if anybody still needs this, but as I am watching it, I just write it down...

• Binoculars models is ready, but not yet configured
  • 6 Month is a very conservative estimation for vehicles, rocket expects them much sooner
  • Facepalm gesture is coming ;)
  • Animals/hunting will be in very soon
  • Cooking has already started work
  • Machete kills
  • Bow & arrow models are ready, need some programming)
  • Fishing is a biteasier (dont now compared to what...)
  • Spear is coming as well
  • Horses look to be very hard, but they will defently be done
  • Saddles with inventory spaces ==Easy
  • "I'd love a snow area"
  • Experimental build makes use of steam cloud (saves profile)
  • They'd like to do a CZ550, it's on the list but it's not sure when it will be in
  • When throwing (Physics) is implemented, guns and pistols will be very rare, because it will exist an option for ranged weapons beyond rifles/pistols
  • Rocket worked on Tazers, as part of the unconscious system
  • The medical system is also expanding a great deal too
  • That all togetherallows them to reduce military style weapons a lot
  • Hand signals: They cannot go much beyond the current gesture system (like manually made ones). But if they run out of F-Keys, "we will simply make it you can configure the gestures however you want"
  • Bows should work almost like they work on Skyrim, then they will look on for poisoned darts etc. which nwill be easy when the basic bow system works
  • More pistols will be added (while reducing rifles) Dean loves the Brown HP, so chances are good, that it will be in game
  • A "Stream straight to twitch" mode will be considered but focussed will be a "cinematic mode" so that youtubers have an easier way to make content
  • Server based persistent containers is coming in next update and will appear on experimental any day now (Said 4 days ago)
  • "Medical system is getting a major facelift and cooking is starting shortly"
  • Major performance updates (which is already an experimental)
  • Like 19

Not sure if anybody still needs this, but as I am watching it, I just write it down...

• 6 Month is a very conservative estimation for vehicles, rocket expects them much sooner
  • Machete kills
  • "I'd love a snow area"
  • They'd like to do a CZ550, it's on the list but it's not sure when it will be in
  • When throwing (Physics) is implemented, guns and pistols will be very rare, because it will exist an option for ranged weapons beyond rifles/pistols
  • Hand signals: They cannot go much beyond the current gesture system (like manually made ones). But if they run out of F-Keys, "we will simply make it you can configure the gestures however you want"
  • Bows should work almost like they work on Skyrim, then they will look on for poisoned darts etc. which nwill be easy when the basic bow system works
  • More pistols will be added (while reducing rifles) Dean loves the Brown HP, so chances are good, that it will be in game
  • A "Stream straight to twitch" mode will be considered but focussed will be a "cinematic mode" so that youtubers have an easier way to make content
  • Server based persistent containers is coming in next update and will appear on experimental any day now (Said 4 days ago)

All nice and cool but nothign from it is on experimental yet.

...and I claimed that where exactly? It's just a summary of what rocket said in the Q&A in the stream...And the only things on experimental should be the performance update and the server based persistant storage should also come soon...

• Like 1

If someone is cruising along on a horse, you know jerk offs are gonna aim for the horse first. And if I see it happen I'm gonna rampage all over the shooter

Some assholes will, I agree but I think you'd be silly to do that. I'm not a bandit, but if I were and I saw someone cruising along on the horse I'd plug them, not the horse. 

The horse is likely where all the good loot is stashed and is an asset in itself (especially if it becomes a persistent container that you can stash somewhere as well as ride). I wouldn't want to risk hitting a saddle bag by accident and ruining anything good in there.

So that's nice...a bunch of new guns and stuff...

i'd much rather hear them say something along the lines of "we're fixing zombies glitching through walls next patch/soon!"

or

"you can't break your legs on stairs anymore!"

or

"You can't break your legs vaulting over a fence anymore!"

or

"we fixed the super duper easy-to-fix hanger glitch!"

xD

• Like 1

It's likely that bug fixing and content are two different areas (I could be wrong, but that's usually the case).

No point holding up content just because bug fixes aren't ready as well.

It was a Q&A...that means: People asked him things, he answered them. this is NOT a roadmap of developing, this is not "what will be in the next updates" - just answers to questions. Maybe all of the things you mentioned are worked on. Maybe none of them. If you don't ask, you'll not know. Make a good DayZ stream, get 2000 followers and invite dean, maybe you get your own Q&A then....

Zombie-wall-glitch is afaik a part of the Zombie AI thing - that means it will not be fixed totally until the new AI is implemented and the placeholder that is in now is gone.

On the issue of "breaking legs" they are working it seems, when you regard the falling damage etc. things..can be wrong here though. And all other glitches...well I guess they will be fixed as soon as they are aware of it and have resources for that...

For all other things refer to my 2 previous posts and my signature ;)

YES! BHP (all but) confirmed!

Sorry guys, but I'm gonna shoot your horse and eat it . And if they come up with a snare or hamstring option, you will fall off and break your legs, if not crushed by the 1000lb+ beast.

• Like 2

Sorry guys, but I'm gonna shoot your horse and eat it . And if they come up with a snare or hamstring option, you will fall off and break your legs, if not crushed by the 1000lb+ beast.

My rule is: If I don't get a horse noone will get a  horse. If I can not find sadle to ride the horse I will kill every horse I see with baseball bat.

• Like 2

All nice and cool but nothign from it is on experimental yet.

He said these things should be on experimental in the coming week or so.

Something along the lines of the next patch whenever that is Im not sure but supposed to be real soon.

• Machete kills
  • "I'd love a snow area"

Thank you for this man, didnt think of making this post until I was already half way done watching. Beans for you, sir!

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

I CANT WAIT to uber skill shot someone with a bow, then slowly walk up to their corpse and go "shhhhh"....... and I thought I loved to go hunting in this game before.....

You mean running around until you see an animal in an open field or patch of forest and shoot it, sorry man, that's not exactly hunting.

• Machete kills
  • "I'd love a snow area"

All good to hear, it's just too bad that none of that says "more zombies"

Edited by JubeiDOK

You mean running around until you see an animal in an open field or patch of forest and shoot it, sorry man, that's not exactly hunting.

hunt players