TEST_SUBJECT_83

CZ550, Horses, Tasers, Persistent Containers, and more Confirmed by Dean in Stream - video

Dean really needs to start giving this info in these forums, the Actual OFFICIAL place for DayZ discussion, instead of this sporadic spreading of info on various twitch channels and reddit etc. It's really not convenient nor professional

nPrlr7z.png

Great ...........

Respawning zombies were terrible. What ever happened to removing all the zombies from a town and then taking it over.

Dean really needs to start giving this info in these forums, the Actual OFFICIAL place for DayZ discussion, instead of this sporadic spreading of info on various twitch channels and reddit etc. It's really not convenient nor professional

The twitch Q&A was, afaik, a spontenous thing and there is always some simple minded fella who writes it down for the rest of the news-hungry community ; )

His Twitter IS an official channel (like the twitters from the other Devs ;) And reddit...well reddit is a strange place ;) But it has this upvote.thing, which makes it easy for the Devs to look there and find out the things that a lot of people are asking/worrying about - just check wich thread has some hundred upvotes...

And for both of these things, there is the Devtracker here in the forum, who links autopmatically every twitter/reddit msg from the Devs...

Great ...........

Respawning zombies were terrible. What ever happened to removing all the zombies from a town and then taking it over.

Well since we do not know now how the respawn system will work (Zombies & loot) it's hard to make an assumption...but from what I've heard it will work something like this:

Every time something is looted a random timer is set (minimum time? I don't know. 30 minutes or something like that I guess. Up to two hours or more?) and this timer doesn't start until a player is in a specific radius (like the spawnbubble from the mod). If we assum that the same thing happens tom the Zombie-Respawner you still can clear out a city...

- Cna't find the source for that, so don't take it for official...

Skyrim horses? Meh. I still want Apes, INFECTED apes. That lurk through the woods. You are never safe...nowhere....

But horses are a long time away it seems, but if i should take a guess, i'd think they will have the same "moving pattern" as humans, so no riding up vertically.

halolz-dot-com-skyrim-physics-bitchimaho

Ah, the memories...

• Like 1

Not sure how I feel about persistent containers. Depends on their implementation!

As long as its a weird sorta container in which you can save anything BUT weapons.

I know mine will be filled to the brim with Long Range Scopes.

If someone is cruising along on a horse, you know jerk offs are gonna aim for the horse first. And if I see it happen I'm gonna rampage all over the shooter

If only you kept quiet...

I wouldve continued to gun down the rider.

But now, you leave me no other choice but to kill the horse first.

Sorry guys, but I'm gonna shoot your horse and eat it . And if they come up with a snare or hamstring option, you will fall off and break your legs, if not crushed by the 1000lb+ beast.

Shit yeah! PLEASE let us eat the horse!

• Like 1

Sorry guys, but I'm gonna shoot your horse and eat it . And if they come up with a snare or hamstring option, you will fall off and break your legs, if not crushed by the 1000lb+ beast.

My rule is: If I don't get a horse noone will get a  horse. If I can not find sadle to ride the horse I will kill every horse I see with baseball bat.

The new hero group of chernarus  the Animal rights group peta...

• Like 1

Still no word about loot respawn..... 

loot respawn should be in next patch available, I think... - somewhere I read it...

Only saw two games so far with horses implemented at a interesting level: Mount&Blade series and Red Dead Redemption.

Hope all of the best for their implementation into DayZ.

Plus managing to keep myself alive AND the horse alive will be excellent.

Hope blankets are coming too. No way the horse will survive the cold after a rainstorm without a good fire and a warm blanket.

Plus... fresh fruit for the horses will hopefully become a necessity.

But first things first.

Persistent backpacks are a great inclusion, same as the tents and campfires and cooking. Finally I can setup a proper saloon. No better place to look for trouble than outside a saloon.

Still no word about loot respawn..... 

As rocket mentioned more than once :

Loot respawn is handled the same way as zombie respawn, when one of it works, the other one will be implemented soon after (let's hope so...). ANd since zombie respawn seems to work on internal servers...well, let's see :)

But I understand you, cause I can't WAIT for it to happen ;)

As long as its a weird sorta container in which you can save anything BUT weapons.

I know mine will be filled to the brim with Long Range Scopes.

These persistant containers will be serverbound. On the one hand, good, you need to establish a "home" server...or more than one ;) on the other hand...I don't know...find a server that usually has a totally "low" population  and store everything there, so it won't get raided....and all these "private" servers with theitr join=kick policy (they still exist. -.-) will be loot hoarding monsters for the serverowners and their friends...

I think (or hope^^) it will be those nice protector cases you can bury somwhere ;)

...and where did these "persistant backpack" thing start? Is that official? Because I haven' read anything about a persistant backpack...

Edited by LaughingJack

Using horses as bait while camping uphill will be such fun!

• Experimental build makes use of steam cloud (saves profile)

Interesting.. I might have to do a poll on binding characters to servers (which would be possible with mighty steamcloud) so i will never have to bring it up again..

Holy crappage. Just browsing the DayZ forums and noticed someone posted my video in there. Indeed, totally unexpected visit, but I believe the bullet points cover most of the discussion.

In terms of Horses, from the sounds of things he's struggling to get them 100% where he wants them, in terms of rideable etc. Also I mentioned saddles with inventory space which he said was very easy.

Either way, thanks for the original poster for giving my channel the credit for the source. Very much appreciated. 

Edited by sbiggstv
  • Like 1

Yeah, if I missed something, just add it please^^ I was watching it and typing, when I saw something (btw. awesome streams ;)) that rocket stated...(and I did mention: "Saddles with inventory spaces ==Easy" ;))

And be sure to wear your wellies when you browse the General discussion - the sea of tears (no matter about what) is salty and wet...and with the upcoming sickness condition to cold/wet it may be dangerous.... ;)

Well to be honest, after being someone who only recently found and started browsing the DayZ Forums from using Reddit, so far its like going from one server where everyone just KoS's, to a new server where players are friendly and give you gear! Thanks for the compliment

But yea, if I think of anything more which we discussed (apart from him cooking his Chicken) I'll bring it up, but to be honest the important stuff has already been covered. I kind still feel vehicles will be roughly 6months before coming into the game, even though Rocket said this was a very conservatve guess.

Horses sound like a waste of development time. They are just a gimmick and you will start to avoid them when you realize you are an easy target riding one. Quad bikes and motocross makes the horse obsolete! I'd even take a quiet bicycle over an horse anyday!

Edited by BossFi

Persistent Containers + Private servers...

This encourages item trading for real money...

Which in turn encourages hacking/cheating to make money...

There is a game on the market that has this already...

Edited by retro19

Don't mix things up here^^

Private servers (as intended by the Devs) will also run on  a private hive - no items, no character etc. can be swapped into the main hive.

These "private servers" (no matter if locked, marked as private, reduced to 3 slots or Join=Kick) that exist at the moment are against the rules - report them as soon if you see one, that's the only possibility to get rid of this cancer.

Don't mix things up here^^

Private servers (as intended by the Devs) will also run on  a private hive - no items, no character etc. can be swapped into the main hive.

These "private servers" (no matter if locked, marked as private, reduced to 3 slots or Join=Kick) that exist at the moment are against the rules - report them as soon if you see one, that's the only possibility to get rid of this cancer.

I should have done my homework before posting. :) Thanks for the info.

Tameable stray dogs and horses? What about packs of savage feral hounds? Or wolves? How about bears? They would seem more convincing to the scenario to me, and more interesting for the game.

Where exactly are these horses going to be, anyway? Standing about in fields waiting for someone to come along and ride them? Kick the idea into touch.

Cool down, so much excitement is bad for your blood pressure.

One more time (I swear, there must be forumsetting that forbids people to read all posts except for the first one)  :

It was an Q&A (Question and answer) so nothing mentioned here or in the vid is like "This is the plan for the next 3 patches).

What rocket said was: Horses will be very difficult to implement, but they want to have them in at some point.

Tameable stray dogs (you must be referring to the PC Game rinterview, I think) was something where rocket said it would be cool to have. Also nothing that is planned.

If I remember correctly he stated some weeks ago that hazardous wildlife (Bears, wulfpacks, feral hounds and wild wombats ;)) may be implemented, but it is in only evaluation at the moment..so IF they will make them it will take quite some time...

Where the horses are...Mustangs now. Running wild and free. Get a lasso, a cowboy hat and yeee-haw!

And why are these BEANS everywhere? And all that fish in cans? I live in Europe (well, central not east) but 90% of cans you would find here is...Dog food. So where is all that the freaking Dog food?