Sign in to follow this  
scaramoosh

A console version would kill this game tbh..

Im for it, a console version would be good for the game. More sales = more success, and that pumps the chance for a sequal. Not strait away of course, say 5 or so years down the line. Now im not a console person anymore, I just have my tower plugged into my tv, because it does everything I need it to, music, films, tv, net, and games. But I don't think the consoles would have much issues.

Ok that processor sounds weak, but isnt the architecture much different in console cpu's? I always thought that was how they were able to run the same games as high end rigs with seemingly much lower stats. As far as controls go, pads have an almost infinite combination of buttons. There's the standard few.....what they do if held not tapped....holding another button (like a shoulder one) can then change the function of every other button ect ect.

I think its doable, and something they should really consider, but as something after the pc release. Not at a time that would hurt development of that. But to be fair they would need a locked stable version.....no way console gamers are going to be happy with an alpha lol

• Like 1

1.75 GHz..... One point seven five. I'm awake, who are you?

Who am I? Oh I dunno, some poor sap that's been in the gaming industry for around 20 years knows more about 3D animations, graphics, and programming in general than most people, and have made a shit ton of cash doing so.

Who are you? Guess what? I don't want to know.

Who am I? Oh I dunno, some poor sap that's been in the gaming industry for around 20 years knows more about 3D animations, graphics, and programming in general than most people, and have made a shit ton of cash doing so.

Who are you? Guess what? I don't want to know.

sorry to tell you, everyone here works in the gaming industry, we are all programmers and 3D modelers, its easy to say things on the internet :D

• Like 2

sorry to tell you, everyone here works in the gaming industry, we are all programmers and 3D modelers, its easy to say things on the internet :D

This made me laugh because I have a bachelor in interactive entertainment with a major in game design. :P HOWEVER!!

I live in Aus so the job market is pretty meh so I am about to finish a different degree in natural medicine in Aug this year haha.

Just made me laugh because your sarcasm actually related to me hahaha.

p.s I have only made low production indie stuff for my bachelor and with friends. Never got into the field as I started my next degreee

This made me laugh because I have a bachelor in interactive entertainment with a major in game design. :P HOWEVER!!

I live in Aus so the job market is pretty meh so I am about to finish a different degree in natural medicine in Aug this year haha.

Just made me laugh because your sarcasm actually related to me hahaha.

p.s I have only made low production indie stuff for my bachelor and with friends. Never got into the field as I started my next degreee

:)

I have a private degree in "Farking with Unity".

My personal little projects however will (hopefully) never see the light outside my room...

Way too much insane going on in there than what is considered healthy.

• Like 1

Don't worry man, they will only port the game to the peasant consoles  when it's finally released. And that won't be, let's see... 1 1/2 to 2 years? Game enters beta at the end of 2014, so...

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 1

Go read the internet man. Hall said if a console port happens it will be after SA is completely finished and PC is getting the attention first.

No need for a thread when the info you desire is on the web.

• Like 2

:)

I have a private degree in "Farking with Unity".

My personal little projects however will (hopefully) never see the light outside my room...

Way too much insane going on in there than what is considered healthy.

Yea I sucked at programming, (also a big reason I went and did a different degree). I was more a level designer and 3d artist. Even my 3d art was not very strong. Only things I really went good at was story design, game design theories and level designing. I make a mean artificial world. 

*edit* i brought that all up because I figured you must be decent at programming if you use unity

Edited by Mopa

Yea I sucked at programming, (also a big reason I went and did a different degree). I was more a level designer and 3d artist. Even my 3d art was not very strong. Only things I really went good at was story design, game design theories and level designing. I make a mean artificial world. 

*edit* i brought that all up because I figured you must be decent at programming if you use unity

Getting fractionally better for every month I spend fighting with the voices in my computer...

I wanna play this game at 1080p. So that means no consoles. I was duped by consoles for far too many years. It's just like buying an apple product. You're just getting over priced old tech.

• Like 1

I wanna play this game at 1080p. So that means no consoles. I was duped by consoles for far too many years. It's just like buying an apple product. You're just getting over priced old tech.

"New" generation consoles use dated technology of three years ago.

• Like 1

quote name="DoctorBadSign" post="1779247" timestamp="1392467741"]

I don't think they could port DayZ to a console.

If they did it would be super dumbed down. How would you map the complex controls to a controller for a start?

I don't think it will happen.

Lol, complex controls. /facepalm

Haha, oh man. My thoughts exactly. What "complex controls" are you talking about? We've got movement, aiming, inventory, and action commands. The only issue I could see with console controllers is the "lean about corners" mechanic, which I am sure could be translated to a shoulder bumper or whatnot.

So, you'll lose your precious macros. Oh, the humanity!

Haha, oh man. My thoughts exactly. What "complex controls" are you talking about? We've got movement, aiming, inventory, and action commands. The only issue I could see with console controllers is the "lean about corners" mechanic, which I am sure could be translated to a shoulder bumper or whatnot.

So, you'll lose your precious macros. Oh, the humanity!

Controllers also have motion sensing.

There's your leaning right there if youre running out of button real estate...

It's not gonna happen anyways. I know I've said this a million times, but I'll say it again : The Xbox and the PS4 are too weak. Please, before telling me otherwise, have a look at the specs of an xbox, and compare it to your PC. Can you imagine the fps?

They have the technology. They can rebuild it. FPS aren't the be-all/end-all of gaming. They can find a nice middle ground of 30fps and 900p or something and it would still be awesome. I pretty much know for a fact (Rocket told me in a dream) that most people play on Low settings anyway. I think it would be cool.

PS - if you think the dev team can't handle it they could probably use some or the millions of dollars in Alpha revenue and hire someone skilled at porting.

• Like 1

I pretty much know for a fact (Rocket told me in a dream) that most people play on Low settings anyway. I think it would be cool.

Favorite post of the day.

• Like 1

well, that works against you. The consoles are AMD. But thanks for sending me the link. Your boeing example is flawed as we are not trying to up scale, but to down scale. A car with a oversized engine will still give you 100%, but not the 6000% you were hoping for.

Porting DayZ to a console is like trying to get the features of a tank into a fiat panda. It ain't possible. But I'm sure that people tried porting Arma 2 to consoles, let me know how good that went.

Have you ever been in a tank? There is way more tech in a Fiat. As a scout from 2nd LAR I spent 4 years riding in LAVs. Even drove them a bunch. They were built in 1981 and I get more confused by my minivan stereo.

If you wanted a barebones version of something, you buy a console. Battlefield games on consoles have been a joke for years now. I've come to like using my tv for my monitor, with real 1080p, and a framerate over 30 fps. It makes a difference.

• Like 1

I wouldn't blame them for doing it, this is a "business" after all, they are in it to make money. Period. Hopefully the players will get to help shape this game into something beautiful.

I own Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for the 360. It was released in 2009, and as of today, IMHO opinion, looks better, runs better, and plays better than Day Z SA. IB4 ALFER, I was just using it as an example of a military sim that worked on console.

Have you ever been in a tank? There is way more tech in a Fiat. As a scout from 2nd LAR I spent 4 years riding in LAVs. Even drove them a bunch. They were built in 1981 and I get more confused by my minivan stereo.

I was trying to say that you can't get the performance of a 1500 HP engine(DayZ) into the format of a 1000 kg Car (current consoles). The middle to high end steam machines might change that, then again, where is the difference between a steam machine and a shelf PC?

I was trying to say that you can't get the performance of a 1500 HP engine(DayZ) into the format of a 1000 kg Car (current consoles). The middle to high end steam machines might change that, then again, where is the difference between a steam machine and a shelf PC?

So you opened the challenge for Arma on console... you got linked 2 videos as example... and simply ignore it...

RIGHT!

You are indeed superior in ignorance to most others, congratulations.

/thread.