Sign in to follow this  
scaramoosh

A console version would kill this game tbh..

When you are taking those long range shots, is it at stationary or moving targets?

Both, however, with MOST moving targets (same as i would with a mouse) i try to lead the target by significant margin and breathe the shot in.

Also referred to as waiting on the target.

I say MOST moving targets, as 90% of moving shots that i do take are at such insane distances that the horribly modeled 12x zoom makes it impossible to accurately "track and lead" the target accurately.

No shooter game that I have played in a VERY long time accurately portrays what I can actually see through a real scope at 800-1000m.

Trust me when I say: at 300/400m, i can almost read the time on your watch if i were to pay close enough attention... Depending on specific scopes. At 600 i can still mark you by your face out of a crowd. At 800, your face becomes a little bit lost. Etc etc.

Most games ive played ever, at 400m, the target isnt even more than 6 pixels in total height!

Will post a pic real soon so you can see what i mean about the zoom (a little offtopic, but it needs to be shown)

http://www.redfield.com/_media/redfield-revenge/accu-ranger-static.jpg

That pic is just from 9x capable scope at 400m...

Edited by Wheunis
  • Like 1

Both, however, with MOST moving targets (same as i would with a mouse) i try to lead the target by significant margin and breathe the shot in.

Also referred to as waiting on the target.

I say MOST moving targets, as 90% of moving shots that i do take are at such insane distances that the horribly modeled 12x zoom makes it impossible to accurately "track and lead" the target accurately.

No shooter game that I have played in a VERY long time accurately portrays what I can actually see through a real scope at 800-1000m.

Trust me when I say: at 300/400m, i can almost read the time on your watch if i were to pay close enough attention... Depending on specific scopes. At 600 i can still mark you by your face out of a crowd. At 800, your face becomes a little bit lost. Etc etc.

Most games ive played ever, at 400m, the target isnt even more than 6 pixels in total height!

Will post a pic real soon so you can see what i mean about the zoom (a little offtopic, but it needs to be shown)

http://www.redfield.com/_media/redfield-revenge/accu-ranger-static.jpg

That pic is just from 9x capable scope at 400m...

Was just curious and yeah, that's the way to do it. Personally, I can get the mouse to the right spot much faster than an analog controller. But if you can get it there, that's all that matters.

Look at it like this - the "best" sniper on a controller will get outsniped by an average one with a mouse. Hence there's no point in bragging how better you are with a controller, it's like saying how you're good at riding a tricicle.

I don't think he's bragging, just saying that he's better at one than the other.

That actually makes perfect sense. Controllers automatically lower the skill ceiling.. you're all on tricycles (3rd wheel = aim assist btw), of course you're going to be better if you weren't good at bicycles to begin with.

Not every game has aim assist. God lord, you PC master race people drive me up a fucking wall. I play DayZ on my MacBook Pro for cripes sake. Though it is a 2.3 ghz quad core i7 with 16 GB RAM and a GT 650M (1GB). And it looks pimp next to my xbox one and eliptical machine.

• Like 1

Do you remember MoH:AA and how great was that? Then the first couple of CoD games? Damn fine games, created by the same team responsible for MoH:AA. They were all designed for the PC, built on the PC by PC gamers. Further games however were not and the lack of realism, the dreadful hit boxing and utterly shameful aim assist are down to the game being switched to focus on consoles.

MoH:AA Still IMO the best of the series. fagstation and gaybox ruined these for me.

Take COD Ghosts for example.....

Nuff said :)

The consoles have 8 core jags... Listen, you've heard multi core more than once I'm sure. The game is going to be designed for some servers to run it. Your pc uses more resources than a game machine (aka Console) even when your in game. But the ps4 and xbox are nothing more than game players, it's all they do, of course unless you like to google on ps4....

Bf4 gets good frames on the console and I promise dayz would too. The game lags on our good pc's because it's as held together with duct tape and in alpha. Nothing is smoothed out. Once the final optimizations are out, people with i3 processors will run it like butter. Developers build games around avg stats, if they didn't they'd go broke.  most pc's will have no issue running this nor will the consoles once it's totally optimized.

HA! How good is Arma2 optimized? Arma2 OA? Arma 3?

No. The RV engine is over a decade old, and it requires very powerfull single cores. Multithreading is not relevant for the RV engine. When I play any RV game, I have one core at 90% and the rest at 10% to 5%.

Besides, what makes you think i3's can't run the game? for RV there is almost no difference between a i7, i5 and i3 running at 3+ GHz.

You might be surprised how many gamers don't know how to build a PC. I sure as hell don't know how to do it.....lol. :D

Oh, a lot I'd suppose. And I think there is nothing wrong with that, I realise that most people have a life to attend :D It's kinda sad though, because building a PC was really fun for me, and it's not that hard after all. (also, I don't have the money for shelf-PCs)

How long until you need to upgrade that 500 machine for the next big release?

Not a lot.... I've played with it for almost 6 years, but since I wanted to do some real PC gaming and the bad console ports (bf4) are just annoying I got myself a $900 PC, and that thing will could be good for the next decade. Of course I'll upgrade sooner, because hey, why not?

Edited by Weparo

When the game is done and maybe the team is bigger then there would be nothing wrong with making a console version. Will only broaden the brand and make it stronger.

Have any of you elitist PC master race bastards built an ATX slim? I used PCpartpicker to configure a slim rig ($1k for i7 2600k, 8gb RAM, GTX 650 TI boost, 256gb SSD). And would like to know if that would be a good setup. I haven't had a PC in 10 years (I'm the MacBook Pro Retina guy above).

Consider opening up a separate topic in the off-topic subforums, we will gladly help you :)

quote name="DoctorBadSign" post="1779247" timestamp="1392467741"]

I don't think they could port DayZ to a console.

If they did it would be super dumbed down. How would you map the complex controls to a controller for a start?

I don't think it will happen.

Lol, complex controls. /facepalm

i have a 360 controller and have every button i know of mapped to it, what buttons are you thinking will have a tough time mapping??

Have any of you elitist PC master race bastards built an ATX slim? I used PCpartpicker to configure a slim rig ($1k for i7 2600k, 8gb RAM, GTX 650 TI boost, 256gb SSD). And would like to know if that would be a good setup. I haven't had a PC in 10 years (I'm the MacBook Pro Retina guy above).

So a MacBook is no PC? (PC = Personal Computer)

Also if you want to know if something is a good setup - you should specify what you intent  to do with it.

Skip the consoles, focus on the PC.

They are not developed in parralel. Plus, noone forces you to play it on console if it ever comes to be.

/Topic

Go with an i5 and a better graphics card. The 2600k is worse than the upper-tier i5s and more expensive.

Do you remember MoH:AA and how great was that? Then the first couple of CoD games? Damn fine games, created by the same team responsible for MoH:AA. They were all designed for the PC, built on the PC by PC gamers. Further games however were not and the lack of realism, the dreadful hit boxing and utterly shameful aim assist are down to the game being switched to focus on consoles.

That was made by a huge company  >:(

The original post is definetly a rant vomited out loud..REGARDLESS! NO DIRTY CONSOLE PEASANT DESERVES THIS HOLLY GRAIL OF GAMING.. UPGRADE AND GET A PC AND GET ONBOARD FOR THE BIG WIN YOU CHEAPSKATES (even though most of you cant afford it cause you school kids but whatever) and umm yeah thats my rant added to this rant thread

Scientist skin...man those were the days. And people think the wiggles shit started here in DayZ, haha.

Scientist skin...man those were the days. And people think the wiggles shit started here in DayZ, haha.

Speaking of skins, didn't roll around in MoH:AA without muh grillo skin :P

240px-Maj_Grillo.png

Alright, cut the bullshit.

Let's take this into proportion DayZ is a buggy game build on a buggy engine which pretty much dislikes your specs whatever they be.

I rarely get more that 35 fps on my 6 core i5 OC @ 4.0 Ghz and Asus GTX 770 w/ 8 GB RAM.

Now from what i've heard. The consoles aren't that good spec wise...

PS4: AMD processor with 8 cores (1.6 Ghz) and processor based graphics again 8 GB RAM

Xbone: AMD processor with 8 cores (1.75 Ghz) and processor based graphics with 8 GB RAM

So no. If DayZ ever is released, I think that there isn't a way to ever run it on the recent gen consoles.

Case closed. Class dismissed.