QUAZIMOFO

No more mr nice guy

I have been trying to be a nice player from day 1. I helped new players, fresh spawns, etc, I acted as a traveling salesman trying to barter with people the items I collect from up north, and generally just trying to be a goodguy helping out the fellow traveler.

WELL NO FUCKING MORE!

I'm sick and tired of dimwitted, unimaginative douchebag fucktards who's only joy in this game is to murder everything/one that isn't them.

I saw a lone traveller in Zelenogorsk just a few minutes ago and was hoping to trade some items as I had loads of medical supplies. I call out "ahoy traveler!" and I get shot in the back from his buddy. Im now unconsious. I say Im a friendly just looking to do some bartering and they reply "well we arent."

This isn't the first time. I've been murdered in cold blood countless times because I try to be nice and helpful and trusting. I was obviously naive.

I'm joining the darkside and I will now murder every single mother fucker I come across with extreme fucking prejudice.

I tried hard and long to be a goodguy and it just isn't fucking worth it.

Edited by QUAZIMOFO
  • Like 4

It's a hard life in Chernarus when you try to be the good guy.

I have a hard time turning to the dark side myself...I still try to give some people a chance.

I know where you're coming from though.

[Edit: is this the end for Mr. Clee-ee-eeaaan as well?]  [Couldn't even help it]

Edited by Rhodes

2 rules in dayz

1. Shoot everything that moves

2. If it doesnt move then youve shot it

;)

• Like 4

Take it like a man, enjoy regearing, and do it again.

You can't just stand in the middle of the street and say hello.  You need to engage in conversation from the dominant position, with your weapon drawn and pointing at them.  Talk to them.  If they have no mic or refuse communication, be careful.  If they move in a way that looks like they are trying to hide or break line of site, shoot them.  

You can be nice without being naive.  But going to KOS isn't really fun, though it might be cathartic. 

• Like 5

I have been trying to be a nice player from day 1. I helped new players, fresh spawns, etc, I acted as a traveling salesman trying to barter with people the items I collect from up north, and generally just trying to be a goodguy helping out the fellow traveler.

WELL NO FUCKING MORE!

I'm sick and tired of dimwitted, unimaginative douchebag fucktards who's only joy in this game is to murder everything/one that isn't them.

I saw a lone traveller in Zelenogorsk just a few minutes ago and was hoping to trade some items as I had loads of medical supplies. I call out "ahoy traveler!" and I get shot in the back from his buddy. Im now unconsious. I say Im a friendly just looking to do some bartering and they reply "well we arent."

This isn't the first time. I've been murdered in cold blood countless times because I try to be nice and helpful and trusting. I was obviously naive.

I'm joining the darkside and I will now murder every single mother fucker I come across with extreme fucking prejudice.

So you're basically saying you're sick of tired of yourself... or at least you will be.

Since you're sick and tired of your future self, wouldn't it be better not to become that which you're sick of tired of?

Otherwise... we can just hope that Dean implements suicide soon, might be handy when you're sick and tired of yourself.

Edited by LeChat
  • Like 2

WELL NO FUCKING MORE!

well. you DID share your items with them.

just a few more then you wanted to.

• Like 3

I feel you, bro. 

All of my friends play on the regular servers because they don't like first person view and they are a bunch of goody two-shoes so I can't just kill people in cold blood.

When I play solo on the hardcore servers, I am the angel of death because I have been killed so many times even though I was just looking to help out by giving supplies.

And on a side note, total pet peeve here, Why the hell does NO one change their damn name from their Windows name? All servers are filled with Toms, Dicks (pun not intended), and Harrys.

You'll get over getting killed eventually; don't worry about that. My advice, if you want to survive, its best to kos anyone that spots you and you perceive them to be a threat. You need to learn when to run to; which many players still won't do, even when there position is given away. The only way to learn how to react to combat situations is to get involved in some yourself; and always assume you are being watched. Soon enough getting shot at wont make you panic, and you can react quickly in a calm, logical and experienced manner. 

Bear in mind all those times when you've successfully approached another survivor and had a friendly exchange. How do you know he wasn't being covered from 3 angles by his sniper mates? The only reason you lived through those exchanges might have been because you were friendly.

If you KoS, you eliminate any chance of player interaction. You will still die, probably just as often as before - if not more so, given that you are likelier to get involved in gunfights - and you will miss out on the most interesting part of the game.

Engaging with other survivors in a friendly way is risky, but I would rather take that risk than turn my entire gameplay experience of DayZ into yet another boring tactical combat sim.

Edited by Pillock
  • Like 3

Why do you need to give supplies to be nice?  Just share a greeting, some advice, and move on.

• Like 2

Being nice doesn't mean exposing yourself like that.

Here's an example of being nice. I was shooting loot hoppers as usual today, and one guy had really crap gear, but since i haven't killed anyone in like an hour, I decided to shoot him anyway. He lived of course, as I was using an M4. So he starts yelling ceasefire, ceasefire.. and I'm like alright, I bandage him, give him 2 sacks of rice and tell him not to hop.

That's nice in chernarus, shoot first, and maybe show mercy later.

• Like 2

Don't even need to do that.  Approach the situation from a position of power then gauge the person.  Don't hesitate to shoot though.

WELL NO FUCKING MORE!

tumblr_mqd8lpFW9a1r7o14io5_r1_500.gif

It's funny though I see these posts on a daily basis, mr nice guy turning KoS, what do you guys think, do the turncoats make for more ruthless KoS than those that just assume everyone is hostile from the get-go?

I call out "ahoy traveler!"

what are u a fucking sailor?

i wouldve shot you too for being a faggot.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

Me and my buddy were just running from one town to the other to meet each other. Finally met up, and started heading to wherever we were going. Some guy must have been following us. Gets close enough, shoots my friend in the back of the head. Then kills me. We literally had nothing, were new spawns. I don't' get that at all. 

Makes me just want to get a group of dudes and ammo and go on a fucking rampage. 

I call out "ahoy traveler!"

what are u a fucking sailor?

i wouldve shot you too for being a faggot.

Aren't you a prize.

• Like 6

Me and my buddy were just running from one town to the other to meet each other. Finally met up, and started heading to wherever we were going. Some guy must have been following us. Gets close enough, shoots my friend in the back of the head. Then kills me. We literally had nothing, were new spawns. I don't' get that at all. 

Makes me just want to get a group of dudes and ammo and go on a fucking rampage. 

Really? That's your conclusion?

That experience should have made you think about checking your surroundings more often and not walk in open areas where you can be easily spotted/followed.

Why is it that most people want to kill everyone when they get killed.. my first 10-15 deaths, first thing that I thoght was "I was so stupid because I didn't / did XYZ"..

Edited by Infiltrator
  • Like 2