piggypotpie

DayZ SA vs. DayZ mod

I've been watching some Youtube videos of the mod as I don't have it. And all I can say is WOW. I love it and hope that SA was created to give us even more content as a stand alone

There may be more content currently in the mod but i have to say its the small touches that make SA special what is in thus far has been put in ,in a more polished method.. It doesnt have to be scripted in , it can be put in at the base level with access to the engine itself.

I have NO doubt that SA will feature as much as the mod ( and it will generally stick truer to the original survival idea than some of the mods of the mod.

EG i like some of the features of epoch but over all it loses the survival feel collecting metal bars for trade with npc etc but hey thats just IMHO..

• Like 1

Obviously the SA will have as much as the mod with the way the game is being developed... if there were no alpha buy in I'd be worried but we're providing the funds, time, and testing for all that to happen. 

What I'm excited about is the potential for what comes -after- all that stuff is in, whether from the devs or from modders modding the SA. 

Dayz mod vs Dayz SA is like the same as Arma2 vs Arma3. For now Dayz SA and Arma3 only visually looks better then "older sisters" :)

I just want more FrankieonPCin1080p DayZ vids

Oh hell yes! I hope he recoveres soon! Hes the best when it comes to Dayz videos.

(He's FrankieOnPC nowadays though)

Edited by archone88

Great thread.

Ive played the mod since every early on and it was a great game once people started making there own private servers add more cars and buildings adding more heli crash sites to loot. The mod was fucking awesome! The standalone is going to be great as well but they really have a lot of work ahead of them. I don't enjoy the over realistic features game are suppose to be fun.

I love Frankie, devil dog, Rhinocrunch and EireBornFenix, They're the ones who got me excited about DayZ and got me to buy an Alpha when I'm barely a gamer

Frankie is a hacker. Do some research before you start praising false idols LOL.

In relevance to the actual topic, SA is definitely going to outshine the mod, in due time. Yea yea!

Frankie is a hacker. Do some research before you start praising false idols LOL.

In relevance to the actual topic, SA is definitely going to outshine the mod, in due time. Yea yea!

Seriously? Hes one of the few gamers, with a known background and personal life.

Id want proof before anything else comes up.

Hes a damn good FPS gamer, and Ive seen his playes before he turned to Youtube videos.