Sign in to follow this  
willhelm

Glock 18 just out of curiosity

that is true.

but everyone wants american gun's in a soviet state.......

Ahem: former Soviet state. The Soviet Union hasn't existed for some time, and I doubt the world of DayZ has anything left that could be considered a state.

Yes, but I never said it was made in America.  I was just replying to the person complaining about American items being in Chernarus.  Also, Glocks happen to be the pistol of choice for most Americans so if American troops were deployed to Chernarus it would make sense that you would find them where you would find the other American military gear.

You do realize we don't bring firearms that aren't issued, right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_individual_weapons_of_the_U.S._Armed_Forces#Handguns

• Like 2

you didnt understand what i mean with didnt work like it should. the flashlight didnt stop on walls. so everyone 100m around the area know exactly where you are. the sups dont need sd ammo thats wrong. sd ammo or non super sonic ammo is just the best for nearly complete sound suppression. but it´s also works fine with normal ammo. so the suppresors are broken. i bet the soundfile are not implemented. like many other soundbugs.

Actually, an M4 with just a suppressor on it with NATO rounds is as loud as the M4 currently is in game, if not louder.

We need a Glock 20 in game! (10mm goodness), but a Glock 17 would be just fine or even a 19. Would also like to see the Makarov or 1911 :D

I thought 19s were far more common.

What is your point?  There is personnel that carry glocks.  Obviously not a Glock 18 but I never said they did.

With your previous posts you were imply that because American forces would be present that so too would Glocks, that simply isn't the case. As other's have said, 17's, 19's and 20's probably would due to geography. Since I'm not privy on what the countries around Chern would carry I can speak only for what I know. For sure, US forces would not be the ones bringing them in any nominal number. Nor would we be bringing any other non-issued weapons.

Edited by xRann

With your previous posts you were imply that because American forces would be present that so too would Glocks, that simply isn't the case. As other's have said, 17's, 19's and 20's probably would due to geography. Since I'm not privy on what the countries around Chern would carry I can speak only for what I know. For sure, US forces would not be the ones bringing them in any nominal number. Nor would we be bringing any other non-issued weapons.

I never said they would bring in tons of glocks but there would definitely be a few laying around.  You are taking everything said way too literally.  

but there would definitely be a few laying around. 

What makes you say this? 

I never said they would bring in tons of glocks but there would definitely be a few laying around.  You are taking everything said way too literally.  

If it's somewhere less than a couple hundred, it shouldn't even be up for question that it just wouldn't be found, period. The map we have isn't even the whole country. If the US/NATO force rolled in guns hot and loaded for bear they still wouldn't have brought anywhere near enough. Be realistic, because if one could possiblity be present somewhere in the country then all arguments against any specific type of firearm are out the window by one answer of two answers. Black market or criminals. Put all weapons on earth in game now.

If it's somewhere less than a couple hundred, it shouldn't even be up for question that it just wouldn't be found, period. The map we have isn't even the whole country. If the US/NATO force rolled in guns hot and loaded for bear they still wouldn't have brought anywhere near enough. Be realistic, because if one could possiblity be present somewhere in the country then all arguments against any specific type of firearm are out the window by one answer of two answers. Black market or criminals. Put all weapons on earth in game now.

You have to think about how the loot spawns in the game too.  Quit being a dunce about it.

You have to think about how the loot spawns in the game too.  Quit being a dunce about it.

I am, I have, and I'm not. Just the statistical odds alone mean that only common and locally sourced firearms should be considered. I'd love an 18charlie in game, just not even remotely plausible.

I am, I have, and I'm not. Just the statistical odds alone mean that only common and locally sourced firearms should be considered. I'd love an 18charlie in game, just not even remotely plausible.

Too bad the game isn't very realistic at all but I do agree that it should be localized items in the game.

Yes, but I never said it was made in America.  I was just replying to the person complaining about American items being in Chernarus.  Also, Glocks happen to be the pistol of choice for most Americans so if American troops were deployed to Chernarus it would make sense that you would find them where you would find the other American military gear.

nope.

The military doesnt use glocks, they use m9's.

I think m9/m92 should be pretty much all over the place, but with ammo REALLY rare. Same applies for MP5's, M4's, M16's, m1014's and G36's.

Civilian/guerilla use weapons should be more rare but with general ammo more plentiful. AK47/74's, Saigas, Civilian rifles/shotguns, Makarovs, worn out m1911's revolver's, etc.

nope.

The military doesnt use glocks, they use m9's.

Wrong. Come back after you have spent some time in the military.

If you want a machine-pistol why would you suggest a Glock 18 over something like a vz. 61 or Stechkin, etc?

And speaking of this kind of weapon, blank-firing guns both fully and semi-automatic seem to be quite popular in certain countries. Although unsafe they can often convert many models to fire live ammunition.

3OwDmpd.png

Ya all people are suggesting these types of weapons while I'm still waiting for the Makarov.

MAKAROV.jpg

Not against a glock maybe one of the more common varieties but either way id prefer to have this first PLEASE..

Fits the setting and i am nostalgic for what was Dayz mods starter gun... PS thats a nice model texture come on dev team out do this pic....

• Like 2

i would like to see a good pistol in dayz, the magnum is a revolver and the FNX45 sucks.

There is already a ton of American items in the game, so what is the issue?

Also, there are American troops in damn near every country in the world.  What makes you think they wouldn't be in Chernarus.  Especially, if shit is hitting the fan in a worldwide zombie apocalypse.

Possibly because they would be rather tied up defending their homeland and neighbouring countries if that occurred. Sending troops halfway round the globe on such an occasion would be downright stupid.

If you want a machine-pistol why would you suggest a Glock 18 over something like a vz. 61 or Stechkin, etc?

And speaking of this kind of weapon, blank-firing guns both fully and semi-automatic seem to be quite popular in certain countries. Although unsafe they can often convert many models to fire live ammunition.

3OwDmpd.png

I'm just not all that familiar with 'em, like I am glocks. These two should be in game.

Good idea, if there is m4a1 then i dont see any reason why there can't be glock but rare to find. You said FXN is bugged yet, but what is chance that another new weapon will work 100% fine without any bugs ? Adding new weapon only due others are bugged and not work very well yet may not change anything.

More%2Bguns%2Bas%2Ba%2Bsolution.jpg

Bohemia should hire michael bay........for maxmuricafandomcodsuperserganthypertothemax gameplay

or short

MURICA FACK YEAH

Hey guys I was just wanting to see if there was any information on when the Glock 18 will be introduced into the game. I really think  they need to add another pistol of somesort into the game, just my opinion though.

The fnx is nice but it's getting annoying, no extended clips, suppressor isn't working. flashlights go through walls revealing your location, so basically when you get it the mods are pretty much plain and useless.

The Glock 18 although it has a lower clip capacity (12) i feel that it would have a better stopping power against players.

EDIT: Okay i apologies i don't see a difference between the Glock 17,18,90000 or whatever, i really don't care, just all i'm trying to say is that a new pistol would be a nice substitute until the bugs with the fnx are fixed

Has avatar distinguishing Clip from Magazine, still can't distinguish from clip and magazine.  :rolleyes:

Wtf?

Why would a glock 18 be in chernarus...?

Um yeah...don't think it'll be implemented...as cool as that gun is.

A glock 17 however, could make an appearance.

Why would an M4 be in chernarus?