Sign in to follow this  
dokibaxxi

This logout system seriously needs to be deleted

This logout system is obviously a bad decision. When I want to join az empty server, or join a server where there are very few players, in about 50% I have to wait those 5 minutes, because server kicks me, or authentication timeout occours. So please, change this system to a register that counts to 0 when you want to logout.....

• Like 2

BEEP BEEP BEEP-FDKJJGBDYTRGSDZLHGJ

That's the sound my mad-server-hopper-lootfarmer-o-meter made when exposed to this thread.

You owe me a new one.

Edited by wartzilla
  • Like 36

I am not a server hopper, it just really annoys me. I understand that there has to be done sg. against them, and combat loggers, but this is not okay like this

• Like 1

The combat logging needs to stop, I don't mind the wait. It lets me take a moment to look outside every once in a while. SEE THE SUN!

[Edit] The system does need work, but for now this'll work to deter future combat loggers.

Edited by helcol
  • Like 2

....in about 50% I have to wait those 5 minutes, because server kicks me, or authentication timeout occours. So please, change this system to a register that counts to 0 when you want to logout.....

Uh huh... this happens about half the time you say. The server just kicks you for no apparently reason and/or you have an authentication timeout. Have you looked at your internet connection? Because it sounds like a personal problem to me, not an issue with the game.

• Like 4

I've only had to wait once, and that was because of a glitch immediately after a server restart otherwise,

I HAVE NOT NOTICED THE LOGOUT SYSTEM AT ALL

5 minutes isn't that long to wait really, just go pee or get a drink or something.

If anything it's too short and doesn't stop server hoppers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes isn't that long to wait really, just go pee or get a drink or something.

If anything it's too short and doesn't stop server hoppers.

When your a call of duty all star, and your youtube fans demand action, what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?!!!!

Shoot the hostage....

OP if I were you I would report these server issues (disconnects and authentication errors) instead of complaining about a protection that helps.

• Like 2

My internet is flaky at best and have the same problems as you OP. This is our problem and one that the devs cannot help with.

System seems to be working and deterring the hoppers and ghosters. It is a start in the right direction OP.

A few extra minutes won't kill anyone waiting and besides I need time to make a coffee anyway.

• Like 2

I agree: learning to navigate the different servers (day/night/reg/hardcore) is a nightmare when you first start-out, and there's nothing more frustrating than having to stare at an on-screen countdown (I stare at them thinking: "Thats my life ticking away and I'll never get that time back"). But whats the alternative? Until somebody comes up with something better we're stuck with it (logging off to avoid combat/ to spawn new loot is a major problem).

The only two solutions that spring to mind are:

-no server switching (not sure why you can tbh?)

-loot spawns that are specific to the player and followed across server (-But this would be an absolute nightmare to implement in real life, will introduce realism issues, and doesn't solve combat logging).

I'd imagine the Dev's are only to happy to listen to any good ideas...

The logout system WORKS!

-no it doesn't. At the very best it is a deterrent: it doesn't solve combat logging, and doesn't stop determined looters (just slows them down).

Edited by Ultra7

OP if I were you I would report these server issues (disconnects and authentication errors) instead of complaining about a protection that helps.

this

The only change if like to see is removing the timer when rejoining the same server you were playing.

For some reason couldn't access the ladder down off the factory on the east coast, so I logged out and immediately back in to see of that worked. When it didn't, I tried again, only to get hit with the 5 minute timer. When I got back in, I resigned myself to death and jumped off, only to realize falling damage had been disabled.

Let's be honest here.

I am a server hopper and it doesn't even piss me off.

Can you not find something to do for 5 minutes? Like really...

Let's be honest here.

I am a server hopper and it doesn't even piss me off.

I see five mins, and I'm thinking "yesssss, I can poop now"

The system is pretty flawed and I'm pretty sure only an ape thinks it's okay in its current state. As I'm posting, I'm waiting after a 3rd connection attempt to a server. Why is it that half the time I join a server it fails? And then why am I punished for the game failing? I ate a sandwich each time I failed to join a server, I'm turning into a fucking lard ass because of this shitty patch.

• Like 1

The answer is pretty obvious.

If you get a 5 minute penalty from an insta-kicking server, why not use half of those 5 minutes to report that server?