Miquinei

Would you rather have more Zombies or gradually increase player count?

More Zombies or Players?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more Zombies or increase in player count?

Personally, F the zombies.. in current state they are more of a pain in the bum than fun to play with.. I would love to see them ditched for a while, see increase in player count and optimisations.

Edited by Miquinei

Need at least 10,000 extra zombies added to the map.  The more the merrier.  We need them to give up the positions of bandits and KOSers.  They might be less inclined to camp in the same spot for hours if they are at risk of zombies flushing them out of their positions.

• Like 6

It is the sparsity of human interaction that allows the game to be intense. It always seems like you're alone but there is that nagging feeling that another player is watching you through his crosshairs... The zombie count and player count need to increase together, synchronously, to maintain a fun, playable (ALPHA, I know)  experience, IMO... even if it will all get rebalanced and tweaked before beta release...

• Like 2

Order of Priority (my own opinion).

1. Respawning Items

2. Increase to Zombie hordes

3. Increase Player cap.

Technically they may be able to achieve one sooner than the others, but I prefer this order. why?

1. I want items to be working, so there is no more server restarts/hopping for "normal" loot for survival.

2. More Zombies -> This will force people to work together more. Yes there will still be bandits/kos...BUT if there was an infestation of zombies in towns/bases, looting becomes more difficult by your self. Also if Airfields had 30+ zombie hordes, it becomes very much less profitable to server hop to clean out bases.

3. More zombies - More people = More fun. But you need the zombies first, so people will BAND together.

• Like 5

Players, in conjunction with loot respawning so a single server can support their needs.

Zombies won't ever match the threat of a human being, and I doubt they will serve as much more than a temporary obstacle until you're geared up to some extent.

• Like 1

The game is Call ed DayZ not DayP.

Bring on the damn Zed's!

Order of Priority (my own opinion).

1. Respawning Items

2. Increase to Zombie hordes

3. Increase Player cap.

Voted for Zedz, but I feel this way too! (At least by way of priorities.)

It all goes hand in hand. The parts that don't have different issues. Im sure the developers have a time table. Please be patient. 

not really wanting even more people sitting in bushes waiting for me to come by, more zombies sounds much better to me.

Of course an increase in both zombies and players are very necessary, but I would think zombies comes first, as the optimisation process is gradually carried out. The game needs a lot more zombies, literally hordes of them, while the player count increase could easily settle around 64 with the current size map.

More zombies

I think putting some more at military bases right now would slow down the server hopping

If they combat log, zeds would still hit them and if thy log into some barracks there could be a good chance (on a low population server they hop to) that the zombies hit them or swarm them while they don't have time to draw their weapon etc, serving them right for cheating

• Like 1

Zombies!!! This is a zombie game, I want them all over the place. I would run into them with a flamethrower if that weapon was available, make myself some Zombie BBQ :P But really I want the zombies to be a major threat so we would be forced to look for ammo's all the time.

A dream would be 50-60 player servers with lots of zombies(for me). Tried 100 and 80 servers and that's just too many players for the game in it's current state(gameplay wise).

Edited by deewd22

The whole idea behind survival is that finding other humans is a rare occurance. 40 player servers already make it easy to encounter other players. Yet we currently are seeing a shortage of zombies, while it's one of the major selling points of the game. So definitely zombies.

• Like 1

It doesn't have to be one or the other. I bet they are testing increased player counts because it's much easier to fiddle with, no need to touch the game files, just the server parameters.

But if we can go from 40 to 80 players now, it should be possible to increase the player count to 60 and increase the total zombies by a fair bit.

Respawning loot and zeds should still come before either of those if possible, however.

For more players I think we do need loot respawning. Once that is done I'd like to see more players more than I'd like to see more zombies as other players is what it's all about.

Edited by DoctorBadSign

The whole idea behind survival is that finding other humans is a rare occurance. 40 player servers already make it easy to encounter other players. Yet we currently are seeing a shortage of zombies, while it's one of the major selling points of the game. So definitely zombies.

Over 100 hours inland.  5 total players seen.

in the walking dead comic it happened like this:

you shoot, every zombie hears it in about a 1 mile radius (or however far the sound travels) they all start walking that direction, this is how HORDES naturally happen, not hive mind, just someone shoots, they all start traveling to that one spot, eventually they all meet up, someone else shoots somewhere else, they all start traveling that way.

hordes

I gotta be honest, I am not playing this game because of Zombies (not really a zombie fan, they can be fun from time to time but I would like to see them done right with some physics so that when you shoot them, they don't just *drop* but you have body parts flying off, gore and all that) I know nothing about game development and this game's engine but it doesn't look like we'll ever get anything similar that AAA titles can provide, instead to me DayZ social interaction is what I would call the "DayZ experience" - not the zombies. 

From the point of view of player interaction (good or bad), more zombies are good if they force you to use your guns against them. Right now everybody uses axes on zeds, and nobody knows if there's another player nearby.

In the early days of the mod, before melee weapons, you would hear a makarov in the distance. First one shot, then a whole mag, then more shots, then silence. Did the zombies stop coming? Did the survivor die? You could go investigate, or run away, but it added to the atmosphere.