res

HUGE map expansion plans for Chernarus+?

So I was messing with DayZ and vehicles, and maps, and Arma 3, and I made a test about Arma 3 vehicles in normal Chernarus, then saw these threads about Chernarus+ being shrinked in DayZ Standalone..

Fuck it.

I ported Chernarus PLUS map to Arma 3, piece of cake, took 5 minutes, no sarcasm.

And I started looking around the map in the editor.

See? This is old, standart Chernarus map;

i45v.jpg

No Svetlo;

dzku.jpg

Now THIS is Chernarus+ ported to Arma 3 editor:

s9ng.jpg

New towns, Svetlo..

jftc.jpg

The thing is..

What is all of that space for?

bzin.jpg

a6vd.jpg

a0jl.jpg

Does this mean that they will expand the map later?

That "empty" space was there in A2. I doubt they plan to populate all of that, as it would take years!

That "empty" space was there in A2. I doubt they plan to populate all of that, as it would take years!

It will take years to make a proper game out of this. Not whining.

But why isn't all of that empty space in A2 on the A3 editor too?

Edited by skin_head_army

The "empty space" around Chernarus, is just generated debug country, basicly.
It goes on "forever", as the sea does in Arma 3 around Altis and Stratis.

That is simply how the map is made in the first place :)
So dont expect it to be a giant expansion area, this is simply a left over from Arma 2 and the origional Chernarus map.

It might not be in the editor, but place a helicopter near the edge, in the editor, and you can fly "forever" over this empty space in any given direction.
Its nothing but randomly generated space, outside the map borders.

In fact the bottom of the ocean in Arma 3, works exactly the same way.

Hey skin head slightly off topic question how was the frames of chernarus + in arma 3 and does the conversion come out as bad as the a2 map does (eg windows working as walls etc even when open or already broken (when firing through them)

If nothing else, it does answer the question of "can the current map be expanded without instancing/load screens?"

Way, way down the line, I'd shell out some dough to see what city is east of Cherno, if the devs decide to go that way.

If nothing else, it does answer the question of "can the current map be expanded without instancing/load screens?"

Way, way down the line, I'd shell out some dough to see what city is east of Cherno, if the devs decide to go that way.

Your wish is my command.

ArmA2_Chernarus_factbook_map.jpg

• Like 1

Hey skin head slightly off topic question how was the frames of chernarus + in arma 3 and does the conversion come out as bad as the a2 map does (eg windows working as walls etc even when open or already broken (when firing through them)

I did not do any conversion, I just ported it. Copy and paste and erase some files.

The framerate is fine, I started flying around:

i7i1.jpg

iw0u.jpg

Don't get fooled by the draw distance. I run Arma 3 on Very high and the map looks just like DayZ when not flying.

I didn't get any important lag.

I did spawn some stuff in Green Mountain, in Chernarus+, almost all buildings have interiors, A2's normal Chernarus does not have as much interiors.

I shot through the broken window in the back of the Green Mountain prison and it went through and hit the wall.

I also have acess to almost all DayZ object files in the editor after doing this, and of course I'm able to spawn them.

• Like 1

running the map in the editor has absolutely nothing in common with running it on a server..

and as for the empty space, that has already been utilized heavily in the mod to stash vehicles ;)

edit:oh, and the fond memories of the debug plains marathons..

Edited by e47
  • Like 1

Oh lord.. I just realised that my character is sitting in a train cart in Svetlojarsk! Just recognized the bay which I was standing at yesterday. xD

No wonder it was such a long run..

Beautiful looking town, looks very organic and with a decent amount of zombies actually.

Would be cool if they expanded the map far far and beyond. :)

:thumbsup:

Your wish is my command.

ArmA2_Chernarus_factbook_map.jpg

I'd love to help out in 'populating' all of this space with little towns and bases, but it seems like the publisher (who made 12 million so far) can't hire some more map designers and make this game better.

running the map in the editor has absolutely nothing in common with running it on a server..

Did you steal that off my massive rant-post about that? :D

I'd love to help out in 'populating' all of this space with little towns and bases, but it seems like the publisher (who made 12 million so far) can't hire some more map designers and make this game better.

Yeah, because that is exactly what we need and money should be spent on rather than fixing bugs and code new features.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Hello there

Sorry folks, editing and porting of the SA is not allowed.

Closing.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1