remesama

im generally confused

I know its in alpha but i don't know where to start or where to go? could you atleast put some food in our inventory when you start? i only played 40 minutes then i rage quit because of how dark it is but now i've been on the day server progression is slow but i think i like the minimalism style of the game but it is way to hard..

maybe i am not playing it right i haven't played the mod but it has been hyped up so i had to get it like rust..

generally i just need help

could you atleast put some food in our inventory when you start?

Nope.

Go and google some guides, that, and take a look at this map of Chernarus.

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

Try to find landmarks or any sort of scenery that matches any city in the map to locate yourself.

Edited by AntonioAJC
  • Like 3

best to run around and die for a few days.. get to know the map.

also.. when you spawn dont run with the ocean on your left shoulder...takes you to big city's where people wait to snipe you.

try to run inland and find towns to loot.. stay up on a hill and look for movement in town before running in..could save your life.

when in a town dont take your time..get what you need and run for the hill's.

its not a bad game, just need to learn the map to have a better chance of surviving.

dont rage quit it just yet.

google dayzdb   

"If you stand there and actually beat them to death with your fists, it does take a hell of a long time and by the end of it you are bleeding and infected..." 

What? People with the wrong knowledge of the game really shouldn't be making beginners guides.

Edited by weedmasta
  • Like 1

"If you stand there and actually beat them to death with your fists, it does take a hell of a long time and by the end of it you are bleeding and infected..." 

What? People with the wrong knowledge of the game really shouldn't be making beginners guides.

Didn't see the video, but maybe he means something like infected wounds? I don't think, this kind of infection is implemented yet, but I guess it will be (the alcoholic tincture wouldn't make much of a sense otherwise).

@Thread Starter:

More of a good thing to add would be to go for the head with your punches. Aiming with the crosshair a few centimeters above the zombie head and you knock them to the ground and when they try to stand up, just punch them more in the head. Start again till the zombie falls on his back. By then, he is really dead.

And don't just stand there and punch it. Cicle around the zombie, lead it with your crosshait, get up close and punch, till he falls. Then you can stand still and just beat it to death.

My personal way to get started.

Run away from zombies till you have an Axe.

Always run inland if you know where you are and where you are going.

Run with ocean on right if you don't.

If you reach a big wrecked ship check it out for loot then turn around and head back to the big town you passed its called berzino.

Search buildings for loot.

Once happy head inland (away from ocean).

Meet a player, say "Hi you friendly ?"

Die

Repeat

Edited by BL1P

game is still too easy :D

I HOPE that your clothes get wet/damp when wandering around during rain. Thus increasing the chance of getting sick ( and the need of a fireplace to dry cloth or replacment clothing ) and the chance of infecting others.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Biggest tips:

Water, you need some fast, drink tell your 'hydrated' is bright green.

Move off of the coast, there are a lot of people there, move inland to find supplys. Inland is bigger than you think it is, running streight with no breaks it will probably take you over an hour to run from one end of the map to the other, provided you know where you are going. 

Assume people want to kill you. Even if you want to talk with people, assume they will try to kill you or rob you. This doesnt mean you should kill people, rather you should take proper care of yourself to protect your life. 

Expect to die. In this game death is uniquely punishing. Its an experiance. Appreciate the fact that you will die, and most likely your heartrate will go though the roof. Move on with another character and try something new. But expect to die. If its not the players, the ladders will get you. And if the ladders dont, you may just get deleted for no reason because its alpha.

I know its in alpha but i don't know where to start or where to go? could you atleast put some food in our inventory when you start? i only played 40 minutes then i rage quit because of how dark it is but now i've been on the day server progression is slow but i think i like the minimalism style of the game but it is way to hard..

maybe i am not playing it right i haven't played the mod but it has been hyped up so i had to get it like rust..

generally i just need help

Learn to use maps and generally find your way around.

This isn't the mod, you won't start with anything but a light source and clothes.

40 minutes in the dark? Why didn't you just switch server?

It's realtime, a real day ingame is 24 hours in real life.

The game isn't hard, if you know your way around you can get geared up in about 30 minutes.

you will know the game after like.. umm.. like 30 hours you will be good to go.

I think he means infected wounds, which I can attest to being accurate.

when I first played the mod I dreamed of running round for 40 minutes, don't think I ever lasted more than 5 for about the first week..

• Like 1

Buying anything based on hype is generally a mistake.

Having said that on the server browser it does tell you the time on every server. Pick one where the time is say 9,00 am and you'll have some daylight to play in.

I think he means infected wounds, which I can attest to being accurate.

Nope. They are not in the game yet. Drinking alcohol tincture and using antibiotics used to bring about symptoms of infected wounds, but that was a bug and there was no real risk to the player of dying from it.

Learning curve in DayZ is fairly high, me and friends played our first day and called it Day 0 because immediately after we were a) Addicted and b) watching tutorials and learning everything.

• Like 1

Learning curve in DayZ is fairly high, me and friends played our first day and called it Day 0 because immediately after we were a) Addicted and B) watching tutorials and learning everything.

This isnt ment to be an easy game (currently is well pretty easy when you know what your doing) its going to (or alegedly rocket believes it will lol) get harder. Its not a game for everyone and often just watching a few youtube videos gives the wrong impression of the game,

They edit those videos for entertainment value show just the action moments for me dayz is as much about those non combat moments when your struggling to find what you need (currently to much food) i love the pressure when i get a warning about hunger and i have run through a looted town the desperate search for the next town with food etc...

TL DR its a game with many aspects to it and one or all of them may hook you straight away may turn you off straight away ( not sure if anyone has persisted not liking it and found they grew to love it  but maybe that to ??) and if your hooked you will quickly do what you can to learn everything!!! and if your not you will most likely hate it and come on the forum screaming to change this that or the other to make it more like a game you do like.....

PS some good guides in the new player section hope you do fall for its intended minimilistic survival style...

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

I guess starting up on a night server might be a bit of bad luck.

Seriously, it's not a hard game. I don't know why everyone thinks or keeps saying that it is a hard game. What part of the game makes it hard? The fact that you need to eat or that you have to open your canned food first?

The medical system might be a little bit daunting at first glance, the same goes for hunger/fluid/energy system - although it's not needed to know the exact values to play the game and since you can't administer some of the medical stuff to yourself you don't need to bother with it unless you're playing in a group. Nor does it have a particularly steep learning curve either for that matter. Finding food and water as a new spawn comes down to luck and knowledge of the map - not the difficulty of the game. You can sprint pretty far from the moment you just started playing without being impaired by thirst or hunger. The only problems that I can see for new players is that melee weapons other than axes and fists are utterly useless and that is counter-intuitive and the fact that some houses are completely useless to visit since they don't spawn loot (but that just becomes a time sink).

As you would most likely do if it was a real life situation, stick to or at least follow main roads - do not go wandering off into the woods or take the small, narrow dirt roads unless you know where they're going. And most important of all: think (then set out to have fun and explore or whatever your desired playstyle is).

Oh yup, we understood we watched a fair few differing videos from the constant on to the action based, we all had a good idea and we are all still playing after several weeks rather than getting bored and moving on xD

I don't know why everyone thinks or keeps saying that it is a hard game.

really dont know why People are saying this! ist only difficult if u cant hit the Zombies with ur melee weapin, which Needs some practice to get used to the hitboxes!

No its not hard when you know what your doing...... When you are first starting out it can be dauntng many un familiar ideas etc yes we all know you can bandage by ripping your shirt of and turning it to rags but imagine how hard the game is when your new you get wacked by a zed and dont know what to do bleeding to death etc...

Difficulty is relative is that a dificult concept to grasp????