InvisiMan2013

Basements?

Adding basements could easily add more space to search/hide without taking up more space on the map.  I'd love to see this, even if it's only in certain structures.  

• Like 23

Yeah i agree,it would make a nice addition to the game.

It will also be a welcome addition to the game's overall realism.

They are also one of the places that have the most valuable gear survival-wise. 

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Adding basements could easily add more space to search/hide without taking up more space on the map.  I'd love to see this, even if it's only in certain structures.  

Agreed, also i like that shop building that you have to crawl to get under the shutter, maybe buildings where there is no way in and you need to jump from an opposing roof to enter the building, and maybe more types of ways to enter buildings?

• Like 5

They are also one of the places that have the most valuable gear survival-wise. 

Yup, clothes on the upper floors (bedrooms), food on the main floor (kitchen/dining room), tools in the basement.  

I would love to see bunkers!

While i do agree with both of theese, i'm pretty sure we won't see something like this in quite some time due to some restrictions of the engine and how it handles terrain clipping.

However, it is not impossible whatsoever seeing as Bohemia-Simulations has managed to realize this in the upcomming Virtual Battlespace 3 engine.

Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoAw9W9iz7g

• Like 1

While i do agree with both of theese, i'm pretty sure we won't see something like this in quite some time due to some restrictions of the engine and how it handles terrain clipping.

However, it is not impossible whatsoever seeing as Bohemia-Simulations has managed to realize this in the upcomming Virtual Battlespace 3 engine.

Well, its on the Namalsk map for Arma 2, so the engine is very capable of handling such a thing mate :)

Its just a matter of the devs wanting to spend time, redesigning houses with basements and all that stuff tbh.

Heres a video of the giant bunker in Namalsk, a custom map for Arma II, which the mod has a version of aswell :)

So yes, please give us this in Chernarus, that place in Namalsk was so fricking awsome, both a goldmine for loot, but a deathtrap aswell, since it was one way in/out only hehe.

Edited by Byrgesen

Nice one,this backs up the theory that it may as well be do-able :)

Agreed, also i like that shop building that you have to crawl to get under the shutter, maybe buildings where there is no way in and you need to jump from an opposing roof to enter the building, and maybe more types of ways to enter buildings?

Makes me think of City Life. You could go out thru the floor of the bank and out a grate if you robbed it.

Amazing idea! here ya go  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

Well, its on the Namalsk map for Arma 2, so the engine is very capable of handling such a thing mate :)

Its just a matter of the devs wanting to spend time, redesigning houses with basements and all that stuff tbh.

Heres a video of the giant bunker in Namalsk, a custom map for Arma II, which the mod has a version of aswell :)

I know about the Namalsk bunker, yes. Problem is, this is not engine-based.

If you look underneath it, you can see a HUGE crater in the terrain which required a big 3d model of the AII military base to be put above it.

This causes a lot of trouble with colision and vehicles driving, aswell as zombie-pathing.

Now imagine having to put a crater under each of the houses with that bottom hatch and having to model-out part of the terrain and road seperatly.

So we would be better off waiting for them to have it supported directly by the engine.

Buildings could have stairs to enter so you enter on the first floor and the ground floor is the basement then you wouldnt need to build underground, there is already buildings like this in Dayz already. But the ground floor room must not have windows and must be dark lol

I know about the Namalsk bunker, yes. Problem is, this is not engine-based.

If you look underneath it, you can see a HUGE crater in the terrain which required a big 3d model of the AII military base to be put above it.

This causes a lot of trouble with colision and vehicles driving, aswell as zombie-pathing.

Now imagine having to put a crater under each of the houses with that bottom hatch and having to model-out part of the terrain and road seperatly.

So we would be better off waiting for them to have it supported directly by the engine.

Im just saying, if this is possible within the modding community, however "crappy" it may have been done, BI should be able to do it alot better :)

I remember how it worked in Namalsk, and tbh it didnt have that big issues with collision or zombie pathing, but BI should be able to iron thoose things out.

As for VBS (Virtual Battle Space), dont expect anything from that platform to make it into Arma og DayZ, its not a game, its a simulator, ment for the military and other "groups" who can benefit from such training.

Most of whats in VBS, will never make it into Arma or DayZ, just look at Arma 3 and how little it has from VBS, its pretty much nothing.

it would be nice to have a hostage situation in a basement, with handcuffs and a burlap sack on the head.  this sounds very wrong.

Basements could be random perhaps.. same hatches/doors leading to a down stairs "basement" but the doors only open sometimes due to be random through out structures on the map

yes this would be good

I would love to see bunkers! It would be so much fun to explore and see military zombies inside or some kind mutated zombies.