redcoat22

Shooting in the legs

Does anyone know if after the patch shooting someone in the legs causes them to break a leg ?

Have had my leg broken by a zombie so I guess it does.

there was a twitter exchange with one of the devs about the tremendous fun of kneecapping. so i guess yeah.

Edited by e47

it was in the patch notes

Yeah, but I wasn't sure how effective it was.  If I want to keep someone from running and not want to kill them I thought it would be a nice option.

Cheers

I would assume so if a 5m fall or whatever broke my legs. (I had VERY little gear on me also) so it sounds like they're quite...fragile.

I've seen people break their legs IRL from a fall way less than 5m/15 ft ish... That's a much better system than snapping your leg from less than a meter, like before. I am definitely going to kneecap someone now though!

Edited by kuma8877

Broke my Leg running upstairs ? (must have been skipping steps lol)

• Like 1

At least I didn't get my legs fixed when I relogged. I was crawling for 3-4 searching for sticks or morphine. Ended up bleeding to death from zombies. Ran out of bandages and ammo.

Careful climbing up stones on the middle of the forest, or even coming down, try not to pass over does, it can break your legs too...

there was a twitter exchange with one of the devs about the tremendous fun of kneecapping. so i guess yeah.

Would have loved to test that. :D

shot a guy in the leg with a mosin at long range, poor bastard was crawling around until a friend finished him off close range.  RIP unknown guy who was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I would assume so if a 5m fall or whatever broke my legs. (I had VERY little gear on me also) so it sounds like they're quite...fragile.

We have a ninja here... Guess you jump from 5 m every day for pun?!

Yes, getting shot in the leg can break it. It happened to me last night at the airfield.

Hubby and I were looting and someone sniped me in the leg while I was going up the stairs to the tower.

When I awoke from unconsciousness, I used the splint in my backpack to patch myself up.

It was our first pvp experience in Dayz and my first splint --Just so happened to have crafted it a couple hours before. Phew, glad I did!!

Hopefully they've also fixed the bug that caused broken legs to heal themselves if you relogged.

I think so, I was waiting in a shed for a friend to come give me a split, logged to smoke and get a drink, logged back in when he was close. Legs still shattered. I'm glad they fixed it.

Supposedly you can break arms with gunshots now? Can anyone confirm?

Shot a guy in the legs at about 10m with an SKS, broke his legs because he was too dumb to make sure his mic wasn't broadcasting. I heard him tell his buddies he was gonna try to rob me with no bullets. One round spent, then I went around and got a zombie train to assist with his passing into the spirit world

Got teleported off a roof the other day and broke my leg. I was mad about it for a sec but then I was happy I wasn't dead and had morphine in my bag. It did ruin my pants and all the gear in them though.

Got teleported off a roof the other day and broke my leg. I was mad about it for a sec but then I was happy I wasn't dead and had morphine in my bag. It did ruin my pants and all the gear in them though.

I poop my pants when I fall over, too.

I poop my pants when I fall over, too.

That is true. Who would eat a poop covered can of tuna?