Sign in to follow this  
Grimey Rick

KOS HQ

252 members have voted

1. 1. Do you kill on sight?

• Always. If I see it, I shoot it!
    • Sometimes. It depends on whether or not I feel threatened.
    • Never. I prefer to keep my distance and gauge intent.

Three words:

Camp the fountains

trolol.

• Like 1

Three words:

Camp the fountains

trolol.

I knew there was a reason i only drank from ponds streams hmm not looking forward to water based illness as i can imagine fountain water being cleaner than the ponds ill be forced into your trap...  keep posting gentlemen this is research so i know what evil tricks i need to avoid...

As I rule I KOS. However, I have been known to temper my murderous urges in light of the situation at hand. If I have un- or inder-geared teammates in the vicinity, I try to assist or protect them before I begin a murderous rampage that may or may not end well for me. Or, if the crew is on a detain and harass mission, I will turn down the kill-o-meter... for a little while.

Plus, it's hard to recruit new crew members if we kill 'em all.

Funny thing is that everyone says in the forums "no.  I dont kill on sight"

And then when they are in game they are running around the coast gunning down "newbs".

• Like 3

Funny thing is that everyone says in the forums "no. I dont kill on sight"

And then when they are in game they are running around the coast gunning down "newbs".

I don't KOS all the time, just... most of it.

Me and DeatHTaX just ran all the way from Cherno to NWAF to give a guy who posted on the forums here morphine to mend his broken leg. So yeah, we only do it 90% of the time. ;d

Edited by Grimey Rick

so that's the behavior of a gangsta these days, they shoot injured crawling victims and those who are trying to be nice to them.

That is the very definition of being a gangsta. When they add gasoline to the game I'll be sure to light my victims on fire to destroy the evidence. 

Edited by Solopopo

I usually only KoS if I feel like the target may be a threat.

I have had a few lapses though. After a particularly bad day at work I came home to play and shot 4 people in Berezino for pretty much no reason. Catharsis I guess lol?

• Like 1

Ive killed people that are too dumb to live.

Like the 2 man team yesterday at the nwaf.

1. They sprint across the airfield, seen by anyone within 300?m.

2. They go for the firestation first. Gets chased by 2 zombies on the way to the guard tower. And shoot at least 7-10 shots to kill those.

3. They both stand on top of the guardtower and stay visible for over 1min.

They deserved to die a quick death, so I killed them from 50m range with my magnum.

I took my time with the aim, even missed the first 2 shots. They paniced, one fell down a level. And both died because they dont know the game.

I hope this encounter will leave them more careful in the future, so I dont have to laugh at their stupidity next time.

/End of rage post.

PS: I will always kill people that take to high risks getting killed.

Never first KOS. But Im defenitely killing people. Not for fun, but in the name of education.

Edited by archone88

I knew there was a reason i only drank from ponds streams hmm not looking forward to water based illness as i can imagine fountain water being cleaner than the ponds ill be forced into your trap...  keep posting gentlemen this is research so i know what evil tricks i need to avoid...

what's really gonna blow your mind is if I said that to make you feel safer at ponds so when you let your guard down I can murder you and take your stuff.

and by saying this I have now made you feel unsafe at both :P if you're smart that is

• Like 1

I don't do KoS (I'd rather just escape an airfield if possible, and fight on my terms if I have to), nor do I have a problem with the idea that other people do it or enjoy it (people do all kinds of things that I think are stupid).

Not only that, but I think that KoS, as a playstyle, is exactly the kind of thing that is only made stronger by the amount of attention it receives. People that start threads with the intention of somehow stemming the tide, or affecting some change in game balance to stop it, are actually just making their "problem" worse.

I don't do KoS (I'd rather just escape an airfield if possible, and fight on my terms if I have to), nor do I have a problem with the idea that other people do it or enjoy it (people do all kinds of things that I think are stupid).

Not only that, but I think that KoS, as a playstyle, is exactly the kind of thing that is only made stronger by the amount of attention it receives. People that start threads with the intention of somehow stemming the tide, or affecting some change in game balance to stop it, are actually just making their "problem" worse.

If someone shoots at you and allows you to escape the airfield, they're not a KoSer :P

because they let you ESCAAAAPE!

CURRRRSES!

Something just reminded me of this thread!

>.> A guy came running towards me begging for help, being chased by two zombies. I was going to assist, but then I realized he had a backpack that was potentially full of goodies.

BLATBLAT. Blazer rounds to the knee caps. Satisfied after watching him try to crawl away from the zombies in vain, I took out my axe and finished him and the zombies off, then pocketed some food and magnum rounds he had looted.

KoS happens because players are the only thing that's a threat right now.  It seems like people need to be constantly reminded that this game is in early access alpha and is very incomplete.  More zombies and hopefully dangerous wildlife would more than suffice for players to waste ammo on.  Having more zombies and dangerous wildlife may even lead to players actually having to cooperate together and even force more interaction with trading for food, ammo, etc

Edited by Caboose187

In all honesty, PvP and player interaction is the draw of this game for me. Once I have all the food I could ever want and ammo I can carry, what else is there to do besides hunting the most dangerous game? So far the most fun I've ever had was when I was sniping and my killer shot me unconcious. We had a conversation for a few minutes then he left and I respawned. Too bad he ruined 120 mosin ammo and 200+ 45 ammo, though I did tell him about my sks ammo stockpile, which he didn't grab so I went back and got it.

So whats the difference between this game and shooters...I had fun losing.

KoS happens because players are the only thing that's a threat right now.  It seems like people need to be constantly reminded that this game is in early access alpha and is very incomplete.  More zombies and hopefully dangerous wildlife would more than suffice for players to waste ammo on.  Having more zombies and dangerous wildlife may even lead to players actually having to cooperate together and even force more interaction with trading for food, ammo, etc

hmmm late april 2012 the rise of the super fast super hard to kill zed (they nerfed them pretty quickly though the complaints were many and it wasnt kos...

You saw a human with a gun as a bambi you ran towards him ( they couldnt punch so you were harmless) he would never waste a bullet on  you when he needed every shot to clear a zone to quickly loot before the return.. people grouped playing a bandit was harder..

feb 2014 the rise of the super quick to shoot human , KOSer( been around alot longer than that ) sorry guys your going to need to up your killer game as it was harder being a bambi back then than now those suckers ran fast pretty much never gave up and once locked on would track you even out of sight ( the running through a building was your only hope and then it was fear you would find more of them on other side) id never want to see zeds that tough as it was artificial but i certainly hope they can get them to a decent level....

They really should make PVE servers to cut down on the people complaining.  Go kill 2 zombies, run another 5km just looking for another zombie to kill with one hit.

Except DayZ has always been all about PvP. And besides, PvE servers are not allowed. Thankfully

Airfields? - Automatic KOS

Known Bandit? - Automatic KOS

Strolling through a town and come across people - I gauge their actions, gear and # of players with them to determine threat level. If I can maintain the upper hand of the situation, but still have a civil interaction, it allows much more fun gameplay

KoS in airfields and MB's. That's just the way its gotta be.

Other than that I'll try to figure out if you're friendly or not.

I KOS only if there's hostile intent or at military bases. I've had way more friendly random encounter than hostile.

• Like 1

There are hundreds of games out there just made for online PVP. Since DayZ mod or SA give me more tools to interact with other players, I tend to use them and see what happens. I hang around light RP servers most of the time. Makes it more interesting. (at least for me)

I had (and still having) an incredible time in the DayZ mod, and even though I enjoy playing with the stand alone, it's alpha status makes me take a different approach and really treat it like a software in development. I've tested hundreds of betas and alphas for the past 10 years and enjoy this evolving process a lot.

To each his own, but I do believe there's no right way to play DayZ. KoS for some, friendly for others. The only wrong way to play is to impose your style of play to others and say it's the only right way to play.

Peace. Like in Rest In Peace, because in the end, DayZ is all about how you lived, and died...

• Like 1

I KOS only if there's hostile intent or at military bases. I've had way more friendly random encounter than hostile.

Same. If it was only pvp kos like some say, I would never had 80% non-hostile encounters for 20% killed on sight...

2 Walkies + Jail building (or any other that has only 1 entrance/exit) = too much fun

You lay down 1 walkie inside the jail, under the stairs on the boxes. Leave it on, and make sure you know the frequency. Now close the front door & walk away outside and find a nice spot to snipe that doorway. You dont want to get too far away as the walkie has a range. Now tune in to the same frequency with your walkie on you, as the one you set down. Now you can lure in prey via the walkie sitting in the jail. It will broadcast out just like proxy and most dont hear the difference or understand it yet (it has a squelch sound and is easy to tell for those who know). So you can say, ask for help with your broken leg.. or what ever you want. People will be drawn in even if they know its a trap. See they see that front door closed.. if they see that much, you already have them in your sights most likely. 

See how many bodies you can stack up inside that doorway before you have to move on.

*Disclaimer, where you are laying in overwatch be careful.. you're also on proxy there so people can hear you and sneak up on you. Watch your 6.

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Already some fresh kills.. I love this game :D