alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

If I may, I have some suggestions for consideration.  I apologize in advance for any of these that may have been suggested before.

Melee Weapons:

- Bar Mace

- Nail Bat / Barbed-Wire Bat (perhaps a future crafting item)
- Spear (again, this could potentially be another crafting item by combining sticks with knifes)
- Table Leg (should be a common find in houses)

Non-Lethal Weapons:

- Smoke Grenade (mainly to be used for diversions or concealment from snipers, etc.  Could also come in a variety of colors I suppose)

There were some suggestions I had for firearms as well, but I'll save those for another time.  Feedback is welcomed.

• Like 1

If I may, I have some suggestions for consideration.  I apologize in advance for any of these that may have been suggested before.

Melee Weapons:

- Bar Mace

- Nail Bat / Barbed-Wire Bat (perhaps a future crafting item)
- Spear (again, this could potentially be another crafting item by combining sticks with knifes)
- Table Leg (should be a common find in houses)

Non-Lethal Weapons:

- Smoke Grenade (mainly to be used for diversions or concealment from snipers, etc.  Could also come in a variety of colors I suppose)

There were some suggestions I had for firearms as well, but I'll save those for another time.  Feedback is welcomed.

Melee Weapons:

I will definetly add the following to the list:

Fire Poker (Iron)

Nail and Barbed Wire Bat (Under crafting section)

Cleaver

Police Baton / Night Stick

Bowie Knife

The other weapons such as a table leg and iron pipe will eventually be added into the game most likely.  However, i could consider them.  The Katana, Kukri, and Cricket Bat i could not see fitting into Dayz Standalone (hard to say because a Kukri is my favorite type of blade in real life).  They do not match the setting, although i had someone else tell me that setting does not matter always which i agree to an extent.  

Non-Lethal?  My friend, anything can be lethal.

I will be adding all of what you suggested underneath there due to many others in the past suggesting it and you bringing it up again.  Thank you for reminding me man.  Flare guns will definitely be a must have in Dayz Standalone, they could burn a hole through any armored vest an opponent may be wearing.

Also, thanks for the pictures!  God Bless!

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1

I will try and push out some updates this weekend, if possible.  If i am unable to push out any, i apologize to everyone here in advance

Edited by AlexeiStukov

I will be adding all of what you suggested underneath there due to many others in the past suggesting it and you bringing it up again.  Thank you for reminding me man.  Flare guns will definitely be a must have in Dayz Standalone, they could burn a hole through any armored vest an opponent may be wearing.

Thanks for the feedback.

I categorized the items under "non-lethal" in the sense that under "normal" circumstances they wouldn't readily kill a person outright.  But yes, pretty much anything in DayZ can be lethal, if used properly.

Anyway, if you don't mind, I did think of a couple more items for your consideration.

- Wooden Spears (Throwable)

These would be craftable items as well.  I figure it would be possible to used a knife on wooden sticks in order to sharpen the point into a spear.  This item could then be used to hunt or fish, or even to be used against players, although it be wouldn't be quite as lethal as a metal-tipped spear.  Also this type of spear could be thrown as well, making it even more useful.

- Speargun

This could be used to fish and as a weapon as well.  Would probably require its own type of ammunition, and most likely would be found near the coast, along the docks and water vessels.

That's all I got for now.  Cheers.

You have got to be shitting me man :/

My hopes have literally just sunk when i read that...

"Those of us who are real gun nuts would revolt (but I have a feeling the wider community dosn't give a crap as long as it looks cool  :) )"

Only 12,5 year old CoD spoiled rich screeming kids dont give a crap!!! One of main reason I play this game is "reality". Game would be 100 times better if you find cool gun, and then desperatly search for right ammo. Then you will have to make decision to look for rare ammo for good weapon or take bad weapon with more common ammo. I liked FAL in mod, but ammo was very rare so I carried id in backpack in hope to find more mags. I hope modders make things right.

• Like 1

Wow, this thread is hot.

Weapons

I'd like to see the 50 cal added to the game on very rare occasions as soon as vehicles (cars, humvees, choppers) are implemented, though I don't really want vehicles in the game at all (except bicycles and horses). The Barrett M95 and the Browning M2 both fire this caliber. The Barrett should be classified as a heavy weapon, while the Browning should only have carry option and not fire options unless mounted. The ammunition should stack 5 shots max per inventory slot. But 50 cal or comparable only if large vehicles are added.

Other heavy weapons I'd like to see are the occasional LMG36 (G36 modded as heavy weapon) with 150 round drum and the PKM.

Heavy weapons should impede movement slightly more than other weapons. Their main purpose (LMG36 & PKM) should be covering fire, and they should only be accurate in a prone state.

Also, I'd like to see the SVD Dragunov rifle in the game (7.62 x 54) but also the VSS Vintorez (7.62 x 39) simply because they are pretty badass

The 7.62 NATO caliber would also be nice (G3 and MG3 are my two favorite weapons of all time) though these would have to be extremely rare spawns. Maybe there is a german consulate in some town? ;o)

"Those of us who are real gun nuts would revolt (but I have a feeling the wider community dosn't give a crap as long as it looks cool  :) )"

Only 12,5 year old CoD spoiled rich screeming kids dont give a crap!!! One of main reason I play this game is "reality". Game would be 100 times better if you find cool gun, and then desperatly search for right ammo. Then you will have to make decision to look for rare ammo for good weapon or take bad weapon with more common ammo. I liked FAL in mod, but ammo was very rare so I carried id in backpack in hope to find more mags. I hope modders make things right.

If they fail to add various types of ammo, then count on us community members adding it when player mod support is added. I just cannot truly believe this.. Dayz is supposed to be realistic.. guess they are not aiming for a part of realism

Going to put the "catch up" poll here soon, meaning that all weapons that do not have a poll done yet will be put up on one giant poll in order to speed up the process.  (So we can move onto the second polls)

I want a Dushka. Mounted on a saddle. On an armoured black bear.

Or one of those compressed air things that launch t-shirts into the crown in the USA. I'd use it to fling my poop at people though.

Many thanks to all of the following who voted on the Machine Gun poll (5/27/14 to 5/29/14):

Dale Gribble

Tenebrous

Redstar Payne

_Mandrake_

UltimateGentleman

Hyperionguy

Alsmir

Evil Minion

Gews

jdizzy

Chaingunfighter

a_ruttle

lootable

Kiwuu

Strawman

Avtomat

BeefBacon

AP_Norris

thedogfoodyayho

St. Jimmy

MrTantrum

Xytra

matejkvassay

Flembo

Poisson

ankiltareum

Katana67

God Bless all of you!

Suggestion, the Lee-Enfield.  Now I know this is a post soviet state however there are reasons why i think the Lee-Enfield should be included. After the rifle was replaced post WW2 it has made its way all around the globe as a popular hunting/competition rifle and I'd say it's likely quite a number made it over to the soviet/ex-soviet countries. Plus having a variety of civilian weapons (some old war horses, others hunting rifles etc).

Suggestion, the Lee-Enfield.  Now I know this is a post soviet state however there are reasons why i think the Lee-Enfield should be included. After the rifle was replaced post WW2 it has made its way all around the globe as a popular hunting/competition rifle and I'd say it's likely quite a number made it over to the soviet/ex-soviet countries. Plus having a variety of civilian weapons (some old war horses, others hunting rifles etc).

I honestly hate that rifle so much.  I also do not think it would match the Chernarus setting at all because we already have the Mosin Nagant in the game (basically a replacement for the Lee Enfield i would say).  The Lee Enfield served its purpose in the MOD version, however i don't think it should return in the Standalone.  Thank you and God Bless!

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Should i put the M1911 back on the list since they added the Kimber Warrior...not the 1911 into Dayz Standalone?

I honestly hate that rifle so much.  I also do not think it would match the Chernarus setting at all because we already have the Mosin Nagant in the game (basically a replacement for the Lee Enfield i would say).  The Lee Enfield served its purpose in the MOD version, however i don't think it should return in the Standalone.  Thank you and God Bless!

some players like the lee enfield and you will find WW2 guns all over the world mainly in the USA Germany and Russia so it makes sense to find them there and more ww2 gear from all sides like ww2 helmets - canteens - compass - gas masks - med kit bags - and mess tins for cooking. canteens and mess tins can fit together to save space and you can make a penny stove from 2 cola cans and use medical alcohol and petrol as fuel for it

Edited by Boxer23

Should i put the M1911 back on the list since they added the Kimber Warrior...not the 1911 into Dayz Standalone?

Yes

What is the point of this list anymore? I spent the last few months organizing and creating the best descriptions that I can to suite the community, but then I read that one quote made by Chris Torchia. How about I delete every single weapon then.. because we are not sure on what the hell should be added.. sorry for the rant, I just had to project my frustration onto here to get feedback on what the hell I should do..

What about not panicking? Maybe add a vote to see if his statement is true.

And even if not the suggestion list still stands but with emphasis on the weapons of existing calibers. For other weapons it can also be handwaved by saying: "There is a special/locally produced variant that uses another caliber because its more common in Chernarus" or just use another existing version (e.g. AK-101 instead of AK-74). I mean thats also happening in real life.

What about not panicking? Maybe add a vote to see if his statement is true.

And even if not the suggestion list still stands but with emphasis on the weapons of existing calibers. For other weapons it can also be handwaved by saying: "There is a special/locally produced variant that uses another caliber because its more common in Chernarus" or just use another existing version (e.g. AK-101 instead of AK-74). I mean thats also happening in real life.

Only time will tell what happens... Hopefully they change their minds. I am not panicking.. I am frustrated with all the confusion so far.

Everyone expect a major poll tomorrow. It will go from Sunday (June 1st, 2014) to Sunday (June 8th, 2014).

The poll will be about Chris Torchia's quote.

I need suggestions on the voting options because I do not want the poll to be biased.

Anyone care to help me?

Edited by AlexeiStukov

For me it would be:

(1) Stick to the realistic calibers

(1a) Only add weapons of the most common/planned calibers

(1b) Add most popular weapons and with their own caliber if needed

(2) Change in caliber for popular weapons

(2a) Change calibers to ones with similar performance

(2b) Change the weapon variant to support another caliber (also includes handwaving by "Chernarus variant")

For me it would be:

(1) Stick to the realistic calibers

(1a) Only add weapons of the most common/planned calibers

(1b) Add most popular weapons and with their own caliber if needed

(2) Change in caliber for popular weapons

(2a) Change calibers to ones with similar performance

(2b) Change the weapon variant to support another caliber (also includes handwaving by "Chernarus variant")

So one question with all the supporting questions beneath it?

Or

Are you meaning two separate questions?

I just have to make sure of what you are saying..

we dont need more military weapons as of right now. we need more civilian weapons, this isnt fucking CoD for christ sake.

I whole-hearty agree with this statement

You want to know why DayZ standalone is just a BTD? because most of the big patches add guns (for the most part, destructive things: next patch AKM gun added in!) and not constructive things (barricades, base building, etc.)

​You all complain about the people, yet think of what tools they have at their dispose, that's all you can really do in the game, is just shoot at any things that moves! 

Edited by The Lone Survivor

What is the point of this list anymore? I spent the last few months organizing and creating the best descriptions that I can to suite the community, but then I read that one quote made by Chris Torchia. How about I delete every single weapon then.. because we are not sure on what the hell should be added.. sorry for the rant, I just had to project my frustration onto here to get feedback on what the hell I should do..

Don't give up. Now is the time to voice that the devs are simply wrong on this matter. The game is still in development so it's not too late to get them to change their opinion. I think you might find that a large portion of the community strongly disagree with Chris Torchia.

I think you might find that a large portion of the community strongly disagree with Chris Torchia.

Might not be Chris Torchia's decision eh?