alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

I don't really care what other guns they throw into the game, so long as I get some sort of explosive launcher of some type in the future.

I don't really care what other guns they throw into the game, so long as I get some sort of explosive launcher of some type in the future.

don't worry we will get at least one an attachable grenade launcher I believe is confirmed along with ak 74m. Maybe when we get an armoured vehicle or tank we can get one of those rocket propelled grenades.

don't worry we will get at least one an attachable grenade launcher I believe is confirmed along with ak 74m. Maybe when we get an armoured vehicle or tank we can get one of those rocket propelled grenades.

The AK-74M was replaced with the 5.56 AK-101, because 5.45mm ammo wasn't added when the AK-74M model was ready. (might change in the future.)

The GP-25 as well as an M203 are in the game files, but have been "on hold" for a while. (GP-25 would most likely work on the AK74, AK101, & AKM - probably not the AKS-74U. M203 would work on the M4A1 and possibly the AUG. The M203 could also work on any AKs if they had a railed handguard attached.)

The AK-74M was replaced with the 5.56 AK-101, because 5.45mm ammo wasn't added when the AK-74M model was ready. (might change in the future.)

The GP-25 as well as an M203 are in the game files, but have been "on hold" for a while. (GP-25 would most likely work on the AK74, AK101, & AKM - probably not the AKS-74U. M203 would work on the M4A1 and possibly the AUG. The M203 could also work on any AKs if they had a railed handguard attached.)

thought the ak 74m was confirmed since they made a model and realesed a picture of it w a grenade launcher. I know the gp-25 and the m203 were in the files for a while like the smoke grenade or what ever is in there. Having an explosive in game would be a good addition when mounted on weapons like a pkm or dshkm can be mounted on a vehicle or an armoured vehicle. A launcher like an RPG can make a good addition if a tank or a heavily armoured vehicle comes in. Have a question though they are realesing a Winchester model alasken soon I think it chamber .308 winchester. Any other weapons that can chamber the round.

thought the ak 74m was confirmed since they made a model and realesed a picture of it w a grenade launcher. I know the gp-25 and the m203 were in the files for a while like the smoke grenade or what ever is in there. Having an explosive in game would be a good addition when mounted on weapons like a pkm or dshkm can be mounted on a vehicle or an armoured vehicle. A launcher like an RPG can make a good addition if a tank or a heavily armoured vehicle comes in. Have a question though they are realesing a Winchester model alasken soon I think it chamber .308 winchester. Any other weapons that can chamber the round.

Yeah, it was, but the AK-74M model was made into the AK-101. (Well, the plastic furniture was. The AK-101 and AK-74 have the same base model without attachments though)

It was done because the AK-74M uses 5.45x39mm ammo and the devs weren't sure about adding it at that point, so they decided to make it the 5.56x45mm AK-101 because 5.56x45 ammo was already ingame. They later decided TO add the round but instead of re-doing the AK-101 into the AK-74M they added an AK-74 and AKS-74U.

.308 Winchester is just the civilian version of the 7.62x51mm round, which is already ingame. The 7.62x51mm ammo we have now is supposedly going to be split into .308 and 7.62x54mmR in the future.

Assuming that does happen, it'll be the same as the Blaze 95 and LongHorn (the Mosin, Sawed-Off Mosin, and SVD will use 7.62x54mmR - a different round.)

And yes, .308 is available in a TON of other guns.

A new year has begun.

Let us see how this year will actually turn out.

Best of luck.

Yeah, it was, but the AK-74M model was made into the AK-101. (Well, the plastic furniture was. The AK-101 and AK-74 have the same base model without attachments though)

It was done because the AK-74M uses 5.45x39mm ammo and the devs weren't sure about adding it at that point, so they decided to make it the 5.56x45mm AK-101 because 5.56x45 ammo was already ingame. They later decided TO add the round but instead of re-doing the AK-101 into the AK-74M they added an AK-74 and AKS-74U.

.308 Winchester is just the civilian version of the 7.62x51mm round, which is already ingame. The 7.62x51mm ammo we have now is supposedly going to be split into .308 and 7.62x54mmR in the future.

Assuming that does happen, it'll be the same as the Blaze 95 and LongHorn (the Mosin, Sawed-Off Mosin, and SVD will use 7.62x54mmR - a different round.)

And yes, .308 is available in a TON of other guns.

OK I knew I there were more guns in .308 just was making sure but I guess we can eventually see the ak 74m eventually but right now for ammo I want the 9×18 makorav and .44 rounds for revolvers and its chambering guns.

OK I knew I there were more guns in .308 just was making sure but I guess we can eventually see the ak 74m eventually but right now for ammo I want the 9×18 makorav and .44 rounds for revolvers and its chambering guns.

9x18 makarov is probably not gonna happen - .380 ACP was added specifically to replace it.

.44 magnum would be cool but it's not really necessary because .357 magnum already fits the revolver cartridge role.

9x18 makarov is probably not gonna happen - .380 ACP was added specifically to replace it.

.44 magnum would be cool but it's not really necessary because .357 magnum already fits the revolver cartridge role.

i understand that but some I think his name was pavol humaj made a pp 19 bison model and a vss vintorez model about 9 months ago around the realese of the standalone(its in the days TV website showing it but you'll have to look back in I don't know how to post pictures on the website here so I can't show it)and I can say one thing the colt python wasnt a very good addition it wasn't a terrible one because of all the gun collectors I know in real life they all have a colt python I can see it as a colleters revolver but I still think the nagant is a better idea but hey at least we have one 44 magnum has a lot more chamber to 357. so it give more options for guns like a swith and Wesson revolver but if we can get another revolver maybe the mp 412 rex.

i understand that but some I think his name was pavol humaj made a pp 19 bison model and a vss vintorez model about 9 months ago around the realese of the standalone(its in the days TV website showing it but you'll have to look back in I don't know how to post pictures on the website here so I can't show it)and I can say one thing the colt python wasnt a very good addition it wasn't a terrible one because of all the gun collectors I know in real life they all have a colt python I can see it as a colleters revolver but I still think the nagant is a better idea but hey at least we have one 44 magnum has a lot more chamber to 357. so it give more options for guns like a swith and Wesson revolver but if we can get another revolver maybe the mp 412 rex.

I'll agree with you - the Python was not the greatest choice, especially considering we won't get too many revolvers and that was the FIRST one they chose. Even as a collectors gun it wouldn't make sense in the quantities that they're found in - Pythons are cool weapons but they're out of production and most of them are in the US, so it's unlikely you'd find that many in Europe, even if the country had large amounts of gun ownership.

The Nagant 1895 would've been probably the most realistic revolver they could do, but it uses a round unique to itself so it'd be kind of pointless gameplay wise (no one would really use it.)

Those VSS Vintorez and PP-19 Bizon models weren't made specifically for DayZ - they were made by an artist who also does work for DayZ but were designed to be used in various other games. They could potentially be used in the standalone in the future but it's not confirmed. (Both could work, though - VSS is a specialized weapon so having 9x39mm would be fine, and the Bizon could be done in .380 ACP since they are made in that caliber as well.)

.44 magnum doesn't really have as many options as .357 magnum does. Both are very popular revolver rounds but in the end .357 is the cartridge you'll find more often around the globe; not .44. Smith & Wesson makes pretty much every one of their .44 Magnum revolvers in .357 Magnum as well, as do most other companies.

The MP-412 isn't realistic.. in fact it's less realistic than the Python. I mean, they are Russian, but they never actually made it into any production, only prototypes existed and there are very few of them left. You're basically as likely to find one as you are a Stoner 63 or China Lake grenade launcher... essentially not at all (you're even more likely to see those because they were still in military service at some point.)

Smith & Wesson, Taurus, CZ, and other brands would be far more realistic.

I'll agree with you - the Python was not the greatest choice, especially considering we won't get too many revolvers and that was the FIRST one they chose. Even as a collectors gun it wouldn't make sense in the quantities that they're found in - Pythons are cool weapons but they're out of production and most of them are in the US, so it's unlikely you'd find that many in Europe, even if the country had large amounts of gun ownership.

The Nagant 1895 would've been probably the most realistic revolver they could do, but it uses a round unique to itself so it'd be kind of pointless gameplay wise (no one would really use it.)

Those VSS Vintorez and PP-19 Bizon models weren't made specifically for DayZ - they were made by an artist who also does work for DayZ but were designed to be used in various other games. They could potentially be used in the standalone in the future but it's not confirmed. (Both could work, though - VSS is a specialized weapon so having 9x39mm would be fine, and the Bizon could be done in .380 ACP since they are made in that caliber as well.)

.44 magnum doesn't really have as many options as .357 magnum does. Both are very popular revolver rounds but in the end .357 is the cartridge you'll find more often around the globe; not .44. Smith & Wesson makes pretty much every one of their .44 Magnum revolvers in .357 Magnum as well, as do most other companies.

The MP-412 isn't realistic.. in fact it's less realistic than the Python. I mean, they are Russian, but they never actually made it into any production, only prototypes existed and there are very few of them left. You're basically as likely to find one as you are a Stoner 63 or China Lake grenade launcher... essentially not at all (you're even more likely to see those because they were still in military service at some point.)

Smith & Wesson, Taurus, CZ, and other brands would be far more realistic.

did not know they were prototypes k can agree cz and smith and Wesson can be good but isn't Taurus Brazilian.right now I just want the m1 garand hopefully with a bayonet, a m1 carbine(the only reason it probaly won't make it because of its .30 carbine ammo),m14(the origanal one or the one that doesn't like a marksman rifle)the 1903 Springfield rifle,a luger pistol.the next part of weapons I wish could be added but unless the devs heard of these or when were able to use steam workshop and a guy make a mod or what ever and the guy has heard of these guns then they could.fg 42(there's a semi auto version of it being produced I believe),Johnson 1941 rifle, Johnson 1941LMG.well that's about it.

did not know they were prototypes k can agree cz and smith and Wesson can be good but isn't Taurus Brazilian.right now I just want the m1 garand hopefully with a bayonet, a m1 carbine(the only reason it probaly won't make it because of its .30 carbine ammo),m14(the origanal one or the one that doesn't like a marksman rifle)the 1903 Springfield rifle,a luger pistol.the next part of weapons I wish could be added but unless the devs heard of these or when were able to use steam workshop and a guy make a mod or what ever and the guy has heard of these guns then they could.fg 42(there's a semi auto version of it being produced I believe),Johnson 1941 rifle, Johnson 1941LMG.well that's about it.

Taurus is a Brazilian company but their weapons are still pretty common among civilian ownership.. not as common as CZs or Steyrs or even American companies like Winchester or Remington but still fairly widely availalble. M1 Garand wouldn't be realistic, despite being somewhat interesting gameplay-wise you can pretty much get the same effect with the SVT-40. M1 Carbine isn't very realistic either and the fact that it uses a fairly specific caliber means that it has little chance of appearing.

A better choice for the same type of rifle would be the Ruger Mini-14/Mini-30 - it uses 5.56x45mm rounds (the Mini-30 uses 7.62x39mm) and is a civilian gun that's much more common than the M1. They're also very similar aesthetically.

500px-Ruger-Mini-14.jpg

450px-M1CarbineLateModel.jpg

The M1903 Springfield would be relatively pointless considering gameplay-wise it'd basically just be a .30-06 Mosin that uses a different scope. And it's not realistic to the setting.

An M14 or modern variant like the MK14 or M39 EMR I would really like but apparently they aren't planned for now. We'll have an equivalent in the form of the FN FAL but hopefully in the future an M14-type will be added.

Luger wouldn't be a bad choice - they weren't as common as the P38 but still used fairly heavily. The main problem is that it wouldn't really perform any different to the P1 (both are 8 round semi-auto pistols.) Not that it'd be a bad idea to have it in the game but seeing as the Mauser is more popular with the devs I doubt we'll see every German WW2 pistol in the game. Honestly I'd much rather have the Mauser C96 and Walther PP/PPK seeing as they're usable as different weapons rather than just skins.

Taurus is a Brazilian company but their weapons are still pretty common among civilian ownership.. not as common as CZs or Steyrs or even American companies like Winchester or Remington but still fairly widely availalble. M1 Garand wouldn't be realistic, despite being somewhat interesting gameplay-wise you can pretty much get the same effect with the SVT-40. M1 Carbine isn't very realistic either and the fact that it uses a fairly specific caliber means that it has little chance of appearing.

A better choice for the same type of rifle would be the Ruger Mini-14/Mini-30 - it uses 5.56x45mm rounds (the Mini-30 uses 7.62x39mm) and is a civilian gun that's much more common than the M1. They're also very similar aesthetically.

500px-Ruger-Mini-14.jpg

450px-M1CarbineLateModel.jpg

The M1903 Springfield would be relatively pointless considering gameplay-wise it'd basically just be a .30-06 Mosin that uses a different scope. And it's not realistic to the setting.

An M14 or modern variant like the MK14 or M39 EMR I would really like but apparently they aren't planned for now. We'll have an equivalent in the form of the FN FAL but hopefully in the future an M14-type will be added.

Luger wouldn't be a bad choice - they weren't as common as the P38 but still used fairly heavily. The main problem is that it wouldn't really perform any different to the P1 (both are 8 round semi-auto pistols.) Not that it'd be a bad idea to have it in the game but seeing as the Mauser is more popular with the devs I doubt we'll see every German WW2 pistol in the game. Honestly I'd much rather have the Mauser C96 and Walther PP/PPK seeing as they're usable as different weapons rather than just skins.

I believe the m1 garand is confirmed but it isn't realistic I can say but its a real nice addition especially if the .30.06 rounds get implemented but I agree the svt 40 is a better addition or even the semi auto rifle from Germany ww2 it starts with a g dont remember the name. Springfield rifle is a little bit pointless but having another military rifle from ww1 or 2 or other old wars can pretty cool as a little supplement to the nagant. The the modern variants of the m14 would be cool to but I want the old ones as well. Luger pistol can be more of dayz old old pistol because of how old it is its from ww1 the Mauser c96 ingame would be great it'll I beilve they might add it as the Mauser c96 red 9 or something like that.the images shown for a supplement for the m1 garand are good agree they look gold and can fit in but I pretty sure the garand will make its apperance.

I thought the devs flat out said no m14 on Reddit some time ago.

They said there were no current plans for it - doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen, just that it's not on the "be in by release 1.0" weapons list like the SVD & FN FAL.

They're still discussing quite a few weapons internally (i.e Mauser C96) so my best guess is that they have a set quota of specific weapons and types they want and then also a bunch of extra free-time or "unplanned" weapons that may be added in the future.

Regardless - we've got the FN FAL as well as G3 on that weapons list so we're not going to be short for battle rifles. Add the SVT-40 (which is a "want" weapon by some devs) and SVD to that, and now you've got a decent amount of semi/automatic rifles using full power cartridges.

Granted the M14 would be the only semi-auto of those with 20 round mags, so it still works as a future addition, but the battle rifle niche will be well completed.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

its a good idea but not many were made but hey the pm 63 rak doesn't have many guns itself made so why not but svt 40 would be a better choise.

They could do both... the FN49 has an internal box magazine but uses 7.62x51mm rounds and the SVT-40 has a detachable magazine with 7.62x54mmR rounds.

However, with the SKS the FN49 would be fairly redundant and honestly I think you should have to make a real choice between the firing speed, accuracy, and lack of magazine requirement of the SKS to the power and normally faster reloading with a mag of the SVT-40.

I would love to see the luger in game. Both the p38 and the luger are very very accurate.

Mauser C96 OP plz nerf.

Its so fun to use on RO2 tho :D

I've got some suggestions -us m1917 enfield(aka american enfield),karabiner 98k(I think there some rifles that can chamber a different round), webly revolver, mg 74(looks like a mg 42 but this one is modernized I believe).

Weapons I wish I can use and kill zombies(fg 42(auto would be extremely rare like looking for 1000 crash sites semi auto version still extremely rare), Johnson 1941 rifle,Johnson 1941 lmg,stg 44,browning 1919 machine gun, m1918 BAR,ruby pistol,chiappa triple threat(can be sawn of), chiapa rhino.

I think I am in danger of running out of words on this thread.

I forget the limit.

I forget the limit.

there's a limit????? Edited by DaNic2553

I forget the limit.

like you can only post so many times on a topic? thats a shame.

when we get the Remington 870 i want (need) a sawed off version of it so i can re-enact the book of eli.

Yes it is but Remington 870 is confirmed I believe. Might I suggest bekas m and auto, mp 153,some type of over under double barrel shotgun I can say a TOZ is good but any type is good. Those are russian couldn't think of any other countries with some.(for shotguns of the us all I can think of were auto shotgun.

Edited by DaNic2553