alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

The BSP is somewhat realistic, but the problem is, it's an improvised SMG, so there's no consistency in how they're available and there are many differences among variants. There's also the question of whether they'd spawn or be built... in which case you'd need plenty of tools or have to explain why there are so many improvised SMGs around.

The Uzi is definitely the most realistic of them, and it's probably one of the most realistic 9x19mm SMGs they can add at all (if not the most realistic) Not saying I don't want either the TEC-9 or BSP, just stating that clearly the Uzi is more realistic.

If it came down to how common they are becoming a concern, then I could see an argument for spawn-only, though as a fun thought perhaps you'd need to find a book on it as a first step in order to craft it, as an extra component most people wouldn't think of, not to mention complexity would be greater than anything we presently craft.  As for consistency and variants, that's just a part of something hand-made which is not serialized.  Given all this, even with your valid points on the Uzi, I would say that the BSP would be a better choice for a criminal-sourced weapon, and a more situation-fitting weapon in general. 

Why did you delete the last part of your comment?

" BTW don't get mad if people like the idea and you dont. Poor evil minion."

You seriously want me to explain myself again?

Give me a few mins or so and I will.

I am sick of this shit.

Sigh you get mad with big green letters and other stuff. I kind of deleted it because err.. Rage.but its over with it we don't need to to do this for 2 days. BTW is an anti tank rifle possible or material rifle.

Sigh you get mad with big green letters and other stuff. I kind of deleted it because err.. Rage.but its over with it we don't need to to do this for 2 days. BTW is an anti tank rifle possible or material rifle.

No it is not over with.

You wanted to start something so we will finish it or the conflict will always exist.

What did you mean by poor evil minion? Explain that to me

What do you mean by big green letters? I have a habit of increasing font when I am frustrated, I know.

I also do it get my point across stronger.

Why are you all of the sudden hostile against me?

Edited by AlexeiStukov

AS Val - A fully-automatic assault rifle with an integrated silencer. Uses 9x39mm. (Very strong round)

Claymore - A high explosive land mine, often used for anti-infantry battles. (Not very effective against armored vehicles)

AK Attachments - Kobra Sight, AK R-03 Silencer, AK Foregrip.

So I reckon folding knives would be a great addition.

Eg:http://www.gerbergear.com/Tactical/Knives/Answer-F.A.S.T.-XL_31-000581

Folded - one square in inventory (a la telescopic baton).

Open - two squares.

AS Val - A fully-automatic assault rifle with an integrated silencer. Uses 9x39mm. (Very strong round)

Claymore - A high explosive land mine, often used for anti-infantry battles. (Not very effective against armored vehicles)

AK Attachments - Kobra Sight, AK R-03 Silencer, AK Foregrip.

Today OVERKILL added the SPAS 12 to Payday 2 as part of their "Crimefest" celebration

and that got me thinking

Would the SPAS 12 fit into the DayZ world and how would it be implemented, And what kinda mods will we see if it does?

Merged with community list of suggested weapons. Get to work on these Alex, good luck.

Steak.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Merged with community list of suggested weapons. Get to work on these Alex, good luck.

Steak.

Thank you Steak.

I will be putting up some more descriptions today.

Hopefully I can get at least 2 to 3 more weapons on the list.

• Like 2

Just something I'm surprised this game hasn't got in terms of melee weapons is the simple Metal Pipe, whether it be Iron, Steel, Lead or even the weaker copper and aluminum. Could be a useful material too in crafting with the right materials! Could come in different sizes too, from one handed to two handed even.

I personaly think this would be an awesome weapon for dayz. It was used during world war 2 by americans along side the russians so there is a possibilty russians got a hold of them(just like the M1 Garand). It is the baby brother of the M1 Garand and predecessor to the M14 (which makes a cool addition to the family ingame). It is more light wieght than the M1 Garand or M14, uses .30 carbine ammo and has 15 and 30 rnd box magazines.

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_carbine

Potential parts/upgrades:

Stocks:

Fixed Wooden Stock

-http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9b/M1_Carbine_Mk_I_-_USA_-_Armémuseum.jpg/1920px-M1_Carbine_Mk_I_-_USA_-_Armémuseum.jpg

WW2 era folding stock

-http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/M1A1_Carbine_tri_army.jpg

Rail Mount (to use m4 style RIS Sights)

-http://www.amegaranges.com/product_pages/images/carbineImages/m1carbine_hgm1.jpg

Modern Tactical stock (allows RIS Sights, Lasers, Flashlights)

-http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/sag_ebr_stock-tfb.jpg (picture is of a m1 garand but Sage does make one for the carbine)

Merged with community list of suggested weapons, here you go Alex.

Steak.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

How about the SIG SG-510 for an interestingly-designed 7.62x51mm battle rifle?

500px-SIGSG510-4.jpg

Known for being far more accurate than typical mass-produced FAL or G3 rifles, and with a capacity of 20-24-30 rounds, rather than only 20, it'd be a pretty interesting gun to find.

These guns are also not known for being modular, so they make up for high accuracy, power, and capacity by essentially remaining the same for the entirety of the game.

It's not the most realistic weapon, being that it's only used by Switzerland and a few other small European countries in notable quantity. However, considering that it's a decent-tier battle rifle, it'd probably be a helicopter crashsite weapon anyway, so you could simply argue that Swiss UN troops were among those deployed to Chernarus in midst of the outbreak.

Oh, and obviously this;

600px-SVT-40.jpg

It's not the most realistic weapon, being that it's only used by Switzerland and a few other small European countries in notable quantity. However, considering that it's a decent-tier battle rifle, it'd probably be a helicopter crashsite weapon anyway, so you could simply argue that Swiss UN troops were among those deployed to Chernarus in midst of the outbreak.

Swiss soldiers use SG 550 for 24 years now, the Swiss never used this rifle in .308/7.62 either. ... this rifle makes no sense, especially with all the other "battle rifles" available. Just such a random choice.  :huh:

Swiss soldiers use SG 550 for 24 years now, the Swiss never used this rifle in .308/7.62 either. ... this rifle makes no sense, especially with all the other "battle rifles" available. Just such a random choice.  :huh:

I'll admit - I only want it because I think it's cool, even though most people would probably just say; "what the fuck is that thing?", because it's so obscure.

I'm going to assume you're okay with the SVT-40, though.

400px-HK417_12.jpg

Would that be any better? (Realistically speaking, not "it looks way too tacticool for DayZ" speaking.)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I'll admit - I only want it because I think it's cool, even though most people would probably just say; "what the fuck is that thing?", because it's so obscure.

I'm going to assume you're okay with the SVT-40, though.

400px-HK417_12.jpg

Would that be any better? (Realistically speaking, not "it looks way too tacticool for DayZ" speaking.)

Meh, can take or leave but it's fine. They were selling them for $300 here so... HK417 fits, various forces use it, what I don't like is a random potpourri of every kind of weapon from random countries jumbled in because they're cool like in many arcade FPS, DayZ should have more depth and care... I prefer a weapons list to have a good theme and backstory based on the forces involved (and not a dozen countries just for the sake of weapons). 

Meh, can take or leave but it's fine. They were selling them for $300 here so... HK417 fits, various forces use it, what I don't like is a random potpourri of every kind of weapon from random countries jumbled in because they're cool like in many arcade FPS, DayZ should have more depth and care... I prefer a weapons list to have a good theme and backstory based on the forces involved (and not a dozen countries just for the sake of weapons). 

I can stand by that - they really need to decide what kind of foreign involvement they want when deciding to depict guns.

The HK-417 itself would (at least to me) be consistent with the "Navy SEAL" weapons (i.e. Amphibia and M4A1), because it's (unofficially) seen some use with them. Then again, if that were the explanation, there'd only be one or two at best, and I find it extremely hard to believe an elite special operations force would be dying left and right in order to leave behind only some of their gear.

It could also be in the future, and some foreign participant decided to adopt the HK-417 by the time of DayZ and use it in Chernarus, same with the FNX-45 (which, in ArmA 3's timeline, became a NATO standard sidearm). It's a lousy excuse saying "oh, well in this timeline Chernarus decided to adopt 500 guns and every other country invaded them at the same time for some reason", but that's all there is.

The FN FAL seems to be the main battle rifle on the devs' agenda for now (or at least Chris'), and that's definitely one of the more realistic ones. The H&K G3 was also planned, and he's said that he'd be cool with an SVT, so I think we've got battle rifles pretty well sorted out even with just those three. I am quite sad that (likely) no M14 will be added, though.

The AS Val would be a very good higher tier gun to add. The ammo could be fairly rare since not many gun use the specific ammo. Offset the low ammo with the really good accuracy out to 400m, high damage round designed for penetrating body armor, extremely silent and the ability to go full auto if the need arises. It would fit the role of a stealthy mid range gun better than just about anything. Must have IMO

• Like 1

No it is not over with.

You wanted to start something so we will finish it or the conflict will always exist.

What did you mean by poor evil minion? Explain that to me

What do you mean by big green letters? I have a habit of increasing font when I am frustrated, I know.

I also do it get my point across stronger.

Why are you all of the sudden hostile against me?

You went hostile to me first with the big letters when I made my little topic(I was knew ok) yes I got carried away a little and yes I can I'm sorry(emoji don't work here from some reason other wise smile face) your a good wise weapon guy(I can tell your in the army or was) just keep this community good and plz don't get angry at me anymore. And when I said poor evil minion I saw in your comment you insulted him but then you said you didn't mean to so then I can see some confusion of this. But before I can go I though of the cz 550 its a large elephant gun with scope attachable(I think that's what its called i will make a change to it if its wrong)another thing I thought was an mp7 and aug para(after I heard about the aug making its apperence soon I though of this). This is a real apologie. I'm sorry for being cocky. Edited by DaNic2553

500px-SIGSG510-4.jpg

Known for being far more accurate than typical mass-produced FAL or G3 rifles, and with a capacity of 20-24-30 rounds, rather than only 20, it'd be a pretty interesting gun to find.

These guns are also not known for being modular, so they make up for high accuracy, power, and capacity by essentially remaining the same for the entirety of the game.

Oh, and obviously this;

600px-SVT-40.jpg

these are pretty good especially the bottom weapon.

You went hostile to me first with the big letters when I made my little topic(I was knew ok) yes I got carried away a little and yes I can I'm sorry(emoji don't work here from some reason other wise smile face) your a good wise weapon guy(I can tell your in the army or was) just keep this community good and plz don't get angry at me anymore. And when I said poor evil minion I saw in your comment you insulted him but then you said you didn't mean to so then I can see some confusion of this. But before I can go I though of the cz 550 its a large elephant gun with scope attachable(I think that's what its called i will make a change to it if its wrong)another thing I thought was an mp7 and aug para(after I heard about the aug making its apperence soon I though of this). This is a real apologie. I'm sorry for being cocky.

I am not in the military, but I am thinking about possibly joining the U.S. Air force in the future.

I am a freshman in college that just has been studying firearms and military history in some of my free time for years now.

I will take your suggestions as i do with everyone.

Sorry to see you miss interpreted my post as hostile.

And I made no insult to evil at all.. I actually said I was happy to see another person organizing another section of this forum.

Read more carefully next time

Edited by AlexeiStukov

I am not in the military, but I am thinking about possibly joining the U.S. Air force in the future.

I am a freshman in college that just has been studying firearms and military history in some of my free time for years now.

This is on somewhat of an unrelated question, Alexei, but if you could add any five guns to DayZ, what would they be? (Doesn't matter whether realistic or not, and fictional or not)

This is on somewhat of an unrelated question, Alexei, but if you could add any five guns to DayZ, what would they be? (Doesn't matter whether realistic or not, and fictional or not)

Wildey .475 Magnum Hunter (Semi-Automatic, .475 is a step down from the African big game cartridge) (This is my favorite firearm in the entire world):

600px-Wildey_IMG_6827-8.jpg

VSS Vintorez (9x39mm):

800px-Vss_vintorez_01.jpeg

C-10 Canister Rifle (Variety of ammunition):

C10_Canister_Rifle_Draft_by_SgtHK.jpg

Calico M100

500px-Calico-M900Carbine.jpg

Foregrip:

500px-CalicoM900.jpg

Or even a Calico M590

350px-Calico_M950.jpg

Foregrip:

350px-Calico-M950A.jpg

Covenant Carbine:

Halo-4-Carbine-600x200.jpg

The_Carbine_by_Darbaras.jpg

I have thousands more that i could post, but these are 5 that i have come to like.

I study every firearm i like, rather it be fake or real.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Wildey .475 Magnum Hunter (Semi-Automatic, .475 is a step down from the African big game cartridge) (This is my favorite firearm in the entire world):

600px-Wildey_IMG_6827-8.jpg

VSS Vintorez (9x39mm):

800px-Vss_vintorez_01.jpeg

C-10 Canister Rifle (Variety of ammunition):

C10_Canister_Rifle_Draft_by_SgtHK.jpg

Calico M100

500px-Calico-M900Carbine.jpg

Foregrip:

500px-CalicoM900.jpg

Or even a Calico M590

Covenant Carbine:

Halo-4-Carbine-600x200.jpg

I have thousands more that i could post, but these are 5 that i have come to like.

I study every firearm i like, rather it be fake or real.

Gonna have to disagree with that Type-51 Carbine there. First of all, it'd require a brand new ammunition type (8.7x60mm caseless radioactive projectiles), and relatively few other guns use it (and all of them perform relatively the same.)

Also, the Covenant never landed in Chernarus, only in Africa and some parts of West Europe and North America, so it's unlikely that any carbines would've traveled all the way to a poor post-Soviet state. There may be some, but there just wouldn't be enough to justify adding it.

Why add that when you can have the more realistic BR-55HB?

640px-BR55HB-BattleRifle-Transparent.png

It uses far more widely available and utilized ammunition; 9.5x40mm Kurz, and was a mainstay in the UNSC arsenal in 2552, so you'd be far more likely to find one of them.

Yeah, the Type-51 is cool, but we're trying to make a realistic game here man, we can't add guns just because they're cool :P.

In all seriousness, those are some pretty damned cool weapons, especially the Widley. Technically the Calico you posted is the M900 series, not the M100 (the M100s were the .22LR variants). But oh boy would 100 rounds of .22/9x19 of helical doom and awful ironsights be interesting in DayZ. The VSS Vintorez is probably the only one as an actual candidate to be added, but it's still an awesome weapon.

• Like 1

Gonna have to disagree with that Type-51 Carbine there. First of all, it'd require a brand new ammunition type (8.7x60mm caseless radioactive projectiles), and relatively few other guns use it (and all of them perform relatively the same.)

Also, the Covenant never landed in Chernarus, only in Africa and some parts of West Europe and North America, so it's unlikely that any carbines would've traveled all the way to a poor post-Soviet state. There may be some, but there just wouldn't be enough to justify adding it.

Why add that when you can have the more realistic BR-55HB?

640px-BR55HB-BattleRifle-Transparent.png

It uses far more widely available and utilized ammunition; 9.5x40mm Kurz, and was a mainstay in the UNSC arsenal in 2552, so you'd be far more likely to find one of them.

Yeah, the Type-51 is cool, but we're trying to make a realistic game here man, we can't add guns just because they're cool :P.

In all seriousness, those are some pretty damned cool weapons, especially the Widley. Technically the Calico you posted is the M900 series, not the M100 (the M100s were the .22LR variants). But oh boy would 100 rounds of .22/9x19 of helical doom and awful ironsights be interesting in DayZ. The VSS Vintorez is probably the only one as an actual candidate to be added, but it's still an awesome weapon.

Oh i see, you are trying to start shit with me too?

I was joking, man. Hence the ":P"

Sorry man.. i am a bit on edge.

Lots of people seem to love starting arguments with me for no reason at all.

As if i am not pleasing them enough by writing their suggestions down for future addition onto the Community's Weapon Thread.

The way you said your first part pissed me off entirely.

My bad, and i get it now.

sorry-brother-i-am-sorry-meme.png

God Bless.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Sorry man.. i am a bit on edge.

Lots of people seem to love starting arguments with me for no reason at all.

As if i am not pleasing them enough by writing their suggestions down for future addition onto the Community's Weapon Thread.

The way you said your first part pissed me off entirely.

My bad, and i get it now.

sorry-brother-i-am-sorry-meme.png

God Bless.

Haha, no problem.

I was making fun of the fact that people always like to get into arguments about weapons, no matter what the context, and whether there's a point or not. Not specifically targeting anyone, just the entire stigma of it, and how people treat their guns :P

• Like 1

Haha, no problem.

I was making fun of the fact that people always like to get into arguments about weapons, no matter what the context, and whether there's a point or not. Not specifically targeting anyone, just the entire stigma of it, and how people treat their guns :P

I completely ruined the joke though, my bad again lol..