alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

I apologize if some of these guns are already mentioned in the thread

Russian Civilian Rifles-

KSO-9 Krechet

Molot Vepr MA-9

Czech Military Rifle-

ZH-29

Chinese Assault Rifles-(China's right under Russia, plus they have exports for certain guns, soooo...)

CQ

Type 81

Chinese Shotguns-

Hawk Industries Type 97-1 pump shotgun

Ukrainian Shotgun-

Fort-500

AK 47!

Already has been taken down due to being out voted by the Kalashnikov AKM Assault Rifle

No more sniper rifles, please...

And since when did the USA bring so many SRs into chernarus..? :D

Don't get me wrong, but adding more SR will increase KoS/make KoS easier, and that's not really thaaat good.

Overall, decreasing the overall number of riles/ARs/shotguns/ etc. and increasing the handguns would be better, in my opinion.

So no variety of sniper rifles is good?

As long as they are acceptably rare why does it matter how many there are?

13 weapons suggested.

12 were SRs and 7 o these were american.

And i am no gun-fanatic-expert, but i guess, they fire different ammunition.

So all in all, we would have at least 12 SRs with more than 8 different ammo types?

And most of them are military SRs.

And we already know: the DEVs want to have more civilian things than military grade items.

Of course a wider variety is needed and always good. But a wide variety in military SRs... I am just not sure.. Adding more SR, even i each one is hard to find, will end in a total increase of SR-wielding players.

And thus, increase KoS (and camping)

Edited by irishroy

Most of those would be either 7.62Nato, 5.56x45, .338 Lapua or .50BMG. Not at a all a problem. Sniper rifles are just glorified hunting rifles. Several of those rifles were just repeats of the remington 700 design. The WA2000 has no business in this game at all, and the rest are pretty tame, though rare. I keep asking, if this game happens in a Czech analogue, is this before or after the Velvet Revolution? Scoped bolt actions rifles aren't anything special or restrictive, except for the .50 BMG in the People's Republic of Kalifornia. Those would all have the potential to exist, to varying degrees of rarity. Anything based on a remington 700 should be very very common. Nearly everyone owns some variant of this in the states.

Anything based on a remington 700 should be very very common. Nearly everyone owns some variant of this in the states.

True, over 5 or 6 million have been made

Edited by DURRHUNTER

In case people weren't paying attention, the .22 Long Rifle, .22 Pistol, 9mm Czech made CR75, and the .45 Colt 1911 have all been put into experimental build.  Also it seems the Devs have tried to fix the "supersonic crack" issue with subsonic ammunition like the .22LR.  I don't play the experimental servers, but a video I saw indicated the .22LR was much quieter than a .45 round.  Not sure how this applies, if at all, to silencers functioning properly but there you have it.

Expect the update and poll to come out by 10:15pm (Eastern U.S. Time) 3/8/2014.  God Bless!

Edit: Poll coming out early tomorrow, studied for testing i will have next week instead of working on it.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Also it seems the Devs have tried to fix the "supersonic crack" issue with subsonic ammunition like the .22LR.  I don't play the experimental servers, but a video I saw indicated the .22LR was much quieter than a .45 round.

I've not tested it on the experimental builds, but depending on what type of .22lr ammo we get in game, the rounds should be supersonic coming out of the 10/22, and subsonic coming out of the Amphibia S.  The vast majority of .22 lr ammo available is only subsonic when fired from a short barrel (like 5inches or less), or fired through a suppressor.

• Like 1

If it isn't too late to vote, I would like to add mine for the C96 Broomhandle Mauser.  Not much logical defense for it; simply my own nostalgia - I was an extra in a movie once, and got to fire one (blanks only).

It might stretch the logic a bit; but some German troops were carrying it in WW2, and if part of Chernarus was occupied by Germany at any time, it could happen.

Z

If it isn't too late to vote, I would like to add mine for the C96 Broomhandle Mauser. 

AFAIK, the C96 Mauser is already there :)

True, over 42 or 47 million have been made

Uh, more like in the 5 million range as of 2012 (50th anniversary)...

Added the Baikal MP-153 Semi-Automatic Shotgun.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Woohoo!

Huh, I thought I was the only one to have suggested it. Guess not.

Either way, want to see it added.

Your name will be added tomorrow morning, sorry for the mess up!

• Like 1

Your name will be added tomorrow morning, sorry for the mess up!

Which poll is up next? Machine guns, shotguns, explosive weapons, etc.?

I'd like to see what people think of MGs like the RPK, RPD, FN MAG, M60 etc.

Uh, more like in the 5 million range as of 2012 (50th anniversary)...

Thanks for the correction (i have no idea where i pulled that number from)

I wonder why the H&K SL8 hasnt been suggested before as alot of people want more civillian weaponry:

0og4.jpg

It`s the civillian version of the H&K G36. It uses the .223 Remington ammo.

Dear god - is that a civilian weapon?! What does a civilian need it for? Hunting aliens?

• Like 2

No its a hunting and sports rifle oh and iforgot to say that its semiautomatic and good for ranges between 500 and 800 meters. It also can only fit the 10 round single stack mags, but with a little modification you can aso fit the 30 AR mags. And you can also attach rails for a bipod, tac light, cupholder or whatever else.

Edited by JumpinJax

I wonder why the H&K SL8 hasnt been suggested before as alot of people want more civillian weaponry:

0og4.jpg

It`s the civillian version of the H&K G36. It uses the .223 Remington ammo.

I would love to see this weapon, wouldn`t mind a G36, allthough there is no logical reason for it to be added. I is using standard NATO 5.56mm x 45 rounds. The HK 416 would be epic, it is a really good weapon, but I think there is no logical reason why it should be there.

HK416_10_links.jpg

It is using standard NATO 5.56mm x 45 rounds and standard STANAG or CMAG magazines, so nothing to add there.

Heres the offical site of the gun

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/military/products/assault-rifles/hk416/hk416-a5-145/overview.html

Edited by Viner Cent

I would like to see a U variant for the ak's and S stocks that can be swapped out. Adding a collapse and deploy option to all collapsible/folding stocks would be nice also

• Like 1

Shotgun poll is up!  PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND VOTE ON THE FIRST QUESTION!