alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Almost to 10000 views!  Holy jesus

Trust me, if i were to add homemade weapons to this list then i would have an infinite amount of them on here.  Weathering on weapons should be a whole new forum topic and i would LOVE to see that in game!  I myself would love homemade weapons, but i cannot put them on this list for the reason i just stated.

Okay then, how about military/civilan weapons that have had significant modifications done to them?

Such as the sawed off Mosin, called the obrez

28190d1261885415-building-obrez-choppin-

Or an FNX 45 who's previous owner decided to weld a carbine attachment to his gun for whatever reason?

ACP-LE-detail-L.jpg

Basically, weapons that are already ingame that have had such major modifications done to them that the list wouldn't be too overloaded, but it gets the point across.

As for weathering guns, I'll get started on forming a topic for that.

• Like 1

Expect to see the Sub Machine Gun list filled out for the first poll here in a few days

Added the Heckler and Koch MP5 Sub Machine Gun

• Like 1

Added the Heckler and Koch MP5 Sub Machine Gun

Can you correct the M16A4 info? the A4 model did not have automatic firing capability, just burst and semi.

Can you correct the M16A4 info? the A4 model did not have automatic firing capability, just burst and semi.

Yes i will.

Will eventually add a Tl;dr part to this list.

Added the PKM Light Machine Gun

MP-40

Can use same rounds as C-96 'Red 9'.

It's all coming together.

Also RPK-74M as more modern 'lighter' LMG.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 1

Okay then, how about military/civilan weapons that have had significant modifications done to them?

Such as the sawed off Mosin, called the obrez

28190d1261885415-building-obrez-choppin-

Or an FNX 45 who's previous owner decided to weld a carbine attachment to his gun for whatever reason?

ACP-LE-detail-L.jpg

Basically, weapons that are already ingame that have had such major modifications done to them that the list wouldn't be too overloaded, but it gets the point across.

As for weathering guns, I'll get started on forming a topic for that.

The Obrez will be added to the list because it was used by the Soviet Red Army during World War 2

EDIT: Did some more thought on what i said, the Obrez actually means "cut" and almost all rifles are able to be cut down (sawn off).

Edited by AlexeiStukov

add aluminum and metal baseball bats to the list, Metal pipes as well.

I am more for the World War 2 weapons in the game, due to the fact that after the end of the war LOTS of weapons and ammo etc was sold throughout Russia, current Czech Republic & Slovakia, Poland ETC. in the communist states at that time(so Russian occupied), so i'm thinking a few Russian & German WW2 weapons to be in the game, and easier to find than a modern day RPK or something if included. Maybe rarely found in a pristine state so need maintenance and sometimes unreliable - missfires/jamming.

add aluminum and metal baseball bats to the list, Metal pipes as well.

Melee weapons will be introduced in another forum that I will make eventually. Mainly focusing on the firearms part right now.

• Like 1

Any more suggestions so far?

*Oberez used by Red Army during russian civil war. Since used by criminals.

How about the ability to cut down almost all rifles :/

Just something you may want to add to your C96 desc, it can also use 7.62x25 Tokarev, and the Tokarev can use 7.63 mauser.

*Oberez used by Red Army during russian civil war. Since used by criminals.

How about the ability to cut down almost all rifles :/

Just something you may want to add to your C96 desc, it can also use 7.62x25 Tokarev, and the Tokarev can use 7.63 mauser.

I rethought my comment and now i will be adding a small section towards the top of the rifles saying that all of these are able to be cut down into an Obrez (which means cut).  I will also add your ammo suggestions.

Sub Machine Gun poll will be put soon

I'd love to see this carbine in game. It's the Berretta Cx4, shoots .45 ACP. It would be nice to have to carry only one type of ammo for you primary and handgun.

CX4_Storm_Rig.jpg

I'd love to see this carbine in game. It's the Berretta Cx4, shoots .45 ACP. It would be nice to have to carry only one type of ammo for you primary and handgun.

CX4_Storm_Rig.jpg

It would be a nice rifle to add, but the game takes place all the way in Eastern Europe.  It would not match the setting since it would be a rare firearm to find in such a place as Chernarus.  .45 ACP Caliber rifles should be added to the game, just the ones that match the setting at least somewhat.  Thank you for your suggestion though.  God Bless!

• Like 1

It would be a nice rifle to add, but the game takes place all the way in Eastern Europe.  It would not match the setting since it would be a rare firearm to find in such a place as Chernarus.  .45 ACP Caliber rifles should be added to the game, just the ones that match the setting at least somewhat.  Thank you for your suggestion though.  God Bless!

Berretta is an Italian gun maker though, no?

Berretta is an Italian gun maker though, no?

Yes Beretta is an Italian company, but the guns Dayz Standalone is aiming for from what i have observed from the community and the devs are mainly from countries like Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, United States of America, Russian Federation (Possibly), Soviet Union, etc.  I may be wrong on that, but again, it is my observations.  Finding a gun like that in some place like Chernarus would not make any sense and if they did exist in Chernarus, there would be VERY few of them.  

Sub Machine Gun Poll is up! PLEASE VOTE

***PLEASE VOTE ON THE POLL, IT IS CRITICAL THAT YOU DO SO WE CAN RECIEVE INFORMATION AND PLEASE CLICK ON THE "I AM VOTING" OPTION TOO SO I CAN GET YOUR NAME AND GIVE CREDIT TO YOU FOR VOTING!***

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Shotgun poll will be the next to go up after the Sub Machine Gun poll goes down.

• Like 1

It's kind of weird voting for SMGs, because they aren't the most common guns around so making an accurate estimate on which ones should and shouldn't be in is difficult. Granted, we know there'll (probably) eventually be some, but which ones make sense I have no idea.

The only one I can say I feel strongly should be in is the MP5, because of how internationally popular it is (And the Vz.61 Skorpion and Uzi models, but those aren't on this list). On the other hand, the PP-91 is the only one I think should not be in, due to them being a mainly experimental design.

• Like 1

Remember to vote on the first option.. if you do not then your name will possibly not be mentioned on the list if a lot of people vote.