alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

Oh my.

.380-1908

.45-1904

9x19-1902

7.62x54R-1891

Do you have a point?

No current army uses the 7.62mmx25mm Tokarev round. Less than 10 weapons would be plausible if they added it, and its out of date and use, and we already have 3 handgun cartridges.

Here older is actually better as the cartridge has more time to appear in a certain place. Thats why .22LR, .380 Auto, .45 ACP and even .30-06 are actually not that unlikely.

Now we know that 5.45x39mm and .30-06 are coming so we got:

• 1 small cartridge (.22LR)
  • 3 pistol cartridges (,380 Auto, .9mm Parabellum, .45 ACP)
  • 1 revolver cartridge (.375 Magnum)
  • 2 small rifle cartridges (5.45x39mm, 5.56x45mm)
  • 1 intermediate cartridge (7.62x39mm)
  • 2 full power cartridges (7.62x54mmR, .30-06)
  • 1 shotgun shell (12 gauge)

If they are planning on adding 7.62x51mm as well we got three full power cartridges. Now takle a lok at some other options:

1. 9mm Makarov - This is completely overshadowed by the 9mm Parabellum and .380 Auto - both allow for more weapons and together they include most 9mm Makarov weapons. It would only mess with the dynamics without being worth it.
  2. 7.62x25mm Tokarev - Same story its overshadowed by 9mm Parabellum in particular. Allows for a few old guns - that are actually less likely to be found than an M1 Garand because they do not make for good hunting weapons.
  3. .25 ACP - Another handgun caliber but actually closer to the .22LR. Now it seems less popular and doesn't allow for firearms you could not replace by more fitting or popular ones.
  4. .40 S&W - It is relatively new, relatively american and doesn't allow for many weapons you could not find an adequante replacement in 9mm Parabellum and .45 ACP - both cartridges more likely to be found in Chernarus.
  5. .38 Special - Now we are getting somewhere. Old round - check. By nature it allows for more weapons than the .357 Magnum as it can also be used by those guns - check. And it can even be fired by already existing guns - check.
  6. 9x39mm - Allows for some pretty interesting guns that even match the setting. Also nothing wrong with being very rare (both guns and ammo) so less effect on dynamics and makes those weapons reasonably hard to maintain.
  7. .243 Winchester - Seems like a American hunting cartridge to me. Now Hunting Rifles often support a good variety of calibers there is no reason not to use existing calibers instead because of the impact on gameplay dynamics. Now it could work if hunting rifles would end up with a different ammo distribution system that is based on static rarity or geographical range rather than dynamic competition.
  8. .270 Winchester - Similar to the above actually not needed and might only be worthwhile for changing the hunting rifle dynamics to many guns, many calibers. I doubt this would be a very good change in gameplay terms though as it might add too many rifle strains.
  9. .338 Lapua - A cartridge only for snipers? There should not be so many snipers around and I think here competition with more common guns would work better. Might work as two-layer rare similar to 9x39mm but weaker as the weapons it allows for are not too much different from snipers using other calibers - and they are all snipers.
  10. .50 BMG - Allows for HMGs and AMRs both which probably gives it the advantage over .338 Lapua. Also quite an old and popualr cartridge. Weapons and ammo should be rare though but having other guns than sniper rifles in the list boosts the competition factor which is a good thing.
  11. 12.7×108mm - Basically the same but Russian. Both would be equally possible but rarity would mean its unreasonable to add both.
  12. 20 gauge - Why not add another shotgun shell? We got so many handgun and rifle calibers but only the 12 gauge shell (granted its by far the most commonly used). So some varienty would be appreciated. Dynamics-wise it allows for a second shotgun strain allowing automatic shotguns to be decoupled from civilian ones.
  13. .410 bore - Actually I am in favor of this over 20 gauge because there is more difference compared to the 12 gauge. 20 gauge seems to allow for more guns though.

In the end it depends on the intended dynamics. More cartridges means less migration and competition (unless they are geographically distinct) while less cartridges reduce the possible amount of guns and increases the chance of finding ammo in an unlooted area. If a weapon or weapon type is the only user of a certain type of ammo most other will simply ignore it as it is of no use for them. This would for example cause a sniper to find a box of .338 Lapua rounds in the "trash" others left behind. Another factor might be distribution - more types would mean more people actually have ammo but less people would have a lot of it. So its easier to get supplies but you will probably get less of them.

In the end "good mix" is probably be the way to go: Add a number of rounds that allow for interesting weapons but avoid adding rounds that don't give you no options to keep the game mechanics more competitive and limit the amount of possible strains. We got 10 strains of weapons already. Compare this to the current maximum server population of 50 players.

Automatic shotguns are civilian shotguns. The saiga 12 is commonly owned by civilians. The remington 1100 is a civilian shotgun. They are most commonly available in 12 gauge. Personally, instead of alternate shotgun gauges, I'd like to see buckshot rounds, slugs, and sabot rounds. That being said, the 7.62 tokarev round isn't meant for hunting, but for people. It stills remains very popular for this purpose in Eastern Europe and obsessively popular in Pakistan. Serbia, Pakistan, and China still make modern production guns and ammo for this round. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

The .25 acp, I feel would be better suited by the .32 acp, which allows for far more pocket pistols (and the nagant revolver with half-moon clips], and the vz61 skorpian.

I've love to see the .270 or .243, probably the .270 more, the .50 bmg, the .338 lapua, and the 9x39.

Oh my.

No current army uses the 7.62mmx25mm Tokarev round. Less than 10 weapons would be plausible if they added it, and its out of date and use, and we already have 3 handgun cartridges.

All historically and mechanically interesting and beloved guns. No army uses the .30-06 today either, but I could waltz on over to my local walmart and take my pick from many different brands. The same is true of the tokarev round too, you go to a gander mountain, and you can buy premiere rounds, not just mil-surp crap. Many manufacturers today make it. In the Us, the m57 has surged in popularity because of how cheap it is, it's a new manufactured tt33, check out those C&R stores man, it's flying off the shelves. $240 and classic arms is sold out!

Edited by agouti

-Snip-

I own a .270 and its a great flat shooting round for deer and hogs. The 7.62x54mmR is going to be the best bet for a new Rifle cartridge. We got the Mosin, SVT 40, SVD, DP28, PKM, PKP, and whatever else cause there are a good amount if weapons in that caliber.

You forgot the .30-.30 and 25-06.

Automatic shotguns are civilian shotguns.

Semi-Automatic*

Semi-Automatic*

In common nomenclature, a semi-automatic handgun is referred to as simply automatic. I suspected the same is true with shotguns? The only full auto shotguns I can think of the AA-12, even the saigas are custom jobs, albeit common ones due to the AK receiver.

In common nomenclature, a semi-automatic handgun is referred to as simply automatic. I suspected the same is true with shotguns? The only full auto shotguns I can think of the AA-12, even the saigas are custom jobs, albeit common ones due to the AK receiver.

never heard of what you speak of. always have known automatic weapons were you hold down the trigger and all the bullets shoot. Semi auto you gotta squeeze em all out.

Oh my.

Yet 7.62x25 is actively used in conflicts all over the world currently and for the foreseable future.

residents-at-risk-as-ceasefire-crumbles-

20080929150116ENLUS0150471712227004.jpg

ppsh41x.jpg

9809RPK_PKM_PPSh41_MG3_and_M1919A6_minus

7.62x25 would be far more realistic and makes a whole lot more sense than .45 acp, .357 magnum and lots of other calibers.

Yet 7.62x25 is actively used in conflicts all over the world currently and for the foreseable future.

SNIP

Those are mostly non army militia groups in pakistan and the middle east.

Those are mostly non army militia groups in pakistan and the middle east.

They are also commonly found in Chechnya with Ukrainian separatist and god knows where else.

Those millions of ppsh smgs and ammo just don't magically disappear.

They are also commonly found in Chechnya with Ukrainian separatist and god knows where else.

Those millions of ppsh smgs and ammo just don't magically disappear.

but did some disappear into the country side of chernarus? we wont know till they say so.

Here older is actually better as the cartridge has more time to appear in a certain place. Thats why .22LR, .380 Auto, .45 ACP and even .30-06 are actually not that unlikely.

Now we know that 5.45x39mm and .30-06 are coming so we got:

• 1 small cartridge (.22LR)
  • 3 pistol cartridges (.380 Auto, .9mm Parabellum, .45 ACP)
  • 1 revolver cartridge (.375 Magnum)
  • 2 small rifle cartridges (5.45x39mm, 5.56x45mm)
  • 1 intermediate cartridge (7.62x39mm)
  • 2 full power cartridges (7.62x54mmR, .30-06)
  • 1 shotgun shell (12 gauge)

If they are planning on adding 7.62x51mm as well we got three full power cartridges. Now take a look at some other options:

1. 9mm Makarov - This is completely overshadowed by the 9mm Parabellum and .380 Auto - both allow for more weapons and together they include most 9mm Makarov weapons. It would only mess with the dynamics without being worth it.
  2. 7.62x25mm Tokarev - Same story its overshadowed by 9mm Parabellum in particular. Allows for a few old guns - that are actually less likely to be found than an M1 Garand because they do not make for good hunting weapons.
  3. .25 ACP - Another handgun caliber but actually closer to the .22LR. Now it seems less popular and doesn't allow for firearms you could not replace by more fitting or popular ones.
  4. .40 S&W - It is relatively new, relatively american and doesn't allow for many weapons you could not find an adequante replacement in 9mm Parabellum and .45 ACP - both cartridges more likely to be found in Chernarus.
  5. .38 Special - Now we are getting somewhere. Old round - check. By nature it allows for more weapons than the .357 Magnum as it can also be used by those guns - check. And it can even be fired by already existing guns - check.
  6. 9x39mm - Allows for some pretty interesting guns that even match the setting. Also nothing wrong with being very rare (both guns and ammo) so less effect on dynamics and makes those weapons reasonably hard to maintain.
  7. .243 Winchester - Seems like a American hunting cartridge to me. Now Hunting Rifles often support a good variety of calibers there is no reason not to use existing calibers instead because of the impact on gameplay dynamics. Now it could work if hunting rifles would end up with a different ammo distribution system that is based on static rarity or geographical range rather than dynamic competition.
  8. .270 Winchester - Similar to the above actually not needed and might only be worthwhile for changing the hunting rifle dynamics to many guns, many calibers. I doubt this would be a very good change in gameplay terms though as it might add too many rifle strains.
  9. .338 Lapua - A cartridge only for snipers? There should not be so many snipers around and I think here competition with more common guns would work better. Might work as two-layer rare similar to 9x39mm but weaker as the weapons it allows for are not too much different from snipers using other calibers - and they are all snipers.
  10. .50 BMG - Allows for HMGs and AMRs both which probably gives it the advantage over .338 Lapua. Also quite an old and popualr cartridge. Weapons and ammo should be rare though but having other guns than sniper rifles in the list boosts the competition factor which is a good thing.
  11. 12.7×108mm - Basically the same but Russian. Both would be equally possible but rarity would mean its unreasonable to add both.
  12. 20 gauge - Why not add another shotgun shell? We got so many handgun and rifle calibers but only the 12 gauge shell (granted its by far the most commonly used). So some varienty would be appreciated. Dynamics-wise it allows for a second shotgun strain allowing automatic shotguns to be decoupled from civilian ones.
  13. .410 bore - Actually I am in favor of this over 20 gauge because there is more difference compared to the 12 gauge. 20 gauge seems to allow for more guns though.

In the end it depends on the intended dynamics. More cartridges means less migration and competition (unless they are geographically distinct) while less cartridges reduce the possible amount of guns and increases the chance of finding ammo in an unlooted area. If a weapon or weapon type is the only user of a certain type of ammo most other will simply ignore it as it is of no use for them. This would for example cause a sniper to find a box of .338 Lapua rounds in the "trash" others left behind. Another factor might be distribution - more types would mean more people actually have ammo but less people would have a lot of it. So its easier to get supplies but you will probably get less of them.

In the end "good mix" is probably be the way to go: Add a number of rounds that allow for interesting weapons but avoid adding rounds that don't give you no options to keep the game mechanics more competitive and limit the amount of possible strains. We got 10 strains of weapons already. Compare this to the current maximum server population of 50 players.

Out of curiosity for calibers, what about 30-30 Winchester?  It's about 2-3 times more powerful than a .357 magnum yet used in the same type of guns generally, is a popular hunting round, and lets you get revolvers, lever action rifles, and bolt action rifles using the round. 

Edited by Evaris
  • Like 1

The thing about the .30-.30 winchester is that it is right between the 5.56x45mm and the 7.62x51mm. So it is kind of in a gray zone as its not a really a intermediate nor full on rifle cartridge.

The thing about the .30-.30 winchester is that it is right between the 5.56x45mm and the 7.62x51mm. So it is kind of in a gray zone as its not a really a intermediate nor full on rifle cartridge.

Both 5.56 and the 7.62x39 are considered intermediate power cartridges. The .30-30 is most easily compared to a 7.62x39.

Also, in .45 acp, the a stands for automatic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-automatic_pistol

Check out also known as.

I realize that bows have been talk about, And even one in game. However the bow is maybe a 45 t 60 pound draw, If that. hard to find the wood etc. I would love to see a Compound Bow 120 pound draw back. One shot a naked player from 150 meters. no farther. With proper gear should be a 2 shot, With no or little gear. One shot. Its slow at reload. And truth 120 pound draw back is very powerful. Civi gun, find barns etc. The bow we have in game. looks fine for what it is, but its a stick lol. And very weak! Which I get being how its made. Which is why I like to see the compound bow in game better look more power. same color as the crossbow. would be cool. Thanks..

Remember the old Gold AKM from the Mod? Lets bring back the Gold revolver to!

We all know that a Civilian big game hunting round is missing currently from the game so I propose the following round and weapon.

The CZ 550 in 9.3x62mm with a mannlicher stock.

KhKoMPo.jpgkq7YdVi.jpg

pKua7t8.jpg

The round would be unique and fit in to the game as the civilian hunting cartridge and due to its unique ballistic profile it would be deemed inferior to the .308 win and 7.62x54r.

The round has a rainbow trajectory and thus limited range it would have a shorter range compared to the .308 and 7.62x54r but at the same time would be substantially more powerful due to the heavy loadings in the 9.3.

Now lets look at the 550 and caliber combination in respect to how it would fit in the game and what pros it has.

1. The Mannlicher stock has a very unique profile so it would be easily discernible to the other bolt action rifles in the game.

2. This version of the cz 550 comes equipped with iron sights negating the need for having it spawn with any optics.

3. The weapon is drilled and tapped for any number of modern hunting optics.

4. The weapon is offered in a fixed magazine of 5 rounds so there would be no need to model a magazine and the lack of magazine would further ingrain the weapon as civilian loot.

5. The ballistics of the 9.3 would resort the cz 550 to being a heavy hitting short range weapon while .308 (Long range , accurate) , 7.62x54 ( long range - Inaccurate) would be more sought after due to their flatter shooting ballistics and thus both of those rounds could be made more scarce and or more valuable.

6. The ballistics of the round would dictate gameplay by forcing would be "snipers" to stalk prey, get to an engage-able distance and then finally take the shot.

ea4d7b237a.png

The best reason Imo this rifle combination would fit in the game however is that it fits the mold and the environment so well. This is a rifle I would expect to encounter inside of a hunting lodge or underneath a bed in one of the games many residences.

Tell me what you guys think.

The .375 H&H magnum is also another round that could be the ideal civilian hunting round it has been around for well over 100 years and to this date no other round beats it at the big game hunting role.

It also shares the remarkable rainbow trajectory of the 9.3 making it an ideal round for this role.

145693.jpg

Edited by gibonez

i havent looked at every page but i would suggest different varients of the mosin line the m44/m38, also 8mm mauser with a semi auto 8mm like a hakim or gewer 43

i would also just like to include since ive seen alot of people not liking the idea of more ww2 weapons in the game. some ww2ish mil surplus weapons are "usually" very cheap, so alot of civilians would have them anyways. mosin nagants just now went over 100 dollars for a m91/30 this last few years and mausers are usually like 2-3 hundred so even baseing it off of how expensive they are in the USA you would see alot of ww2 guns if something like this actually broke out. i own 2 mosins by the way an m91/30 and a type 53 the chinese version of the m44 with the side folding bayonet. kind of a shame players ingame dont have to deal with that sticky bolt.

Several variants of the Mosin are planned to be added to the list. Don't worry!

God Bless!

Edited by AlexeiStukov

We all know that a Civilian big game hunting round is missing currently from the game so I propose the following round and weapon.

The CZ 550 in 9.3x62mm with a mannlicher stock.

The round would be unique and fit in to the game as the civilian hunting cartridge and due to its unique ballistic profile it would be deemed inferior to the .308 win and 7.62x54r.

The round has a rainbow trajectory and thus limited range it would have a shorter range compared to the .308 and 7.62x54r but at the same time would be substantially more powerful due to the heavy loadings in the 9.3.

Now lets look at the 550 and caliber combination in respect to how it would fit in the game and what pros it has.

1. The Mannlicher stock has a very unique profile so it would be easily discernible to the other bolt action rifles in the game.

2. This version of the cz 550 comes equipped with iron sights negating the need for having it spawn with any optics.

3. The weapon is drilled and tapped for any number of modern hunting optics.

4. The weapon is offered in a fixed magazine of 5 rounds so there would be no need to model a magazine and the lack of magazine would further ingrain the weapon as civilian loot.

5. The ballistics of the 9.3 would resort the cz 550 to being a heavy hitting short range weapon while .308 (Long range , accurate) , 7.62x54 ( long range - Inaccurate) would be more sought after due to their flatter shooting ballistics and thus both of those rounds could be made more scarce and or more valuable.

6. The ballistics of the round would dictate gameplay by forcing would be "snipers" to stalk prey, get to an engage-able distance and then finally take the shot.

The best reason Imo this rifle combination would fit in the game however is that it fits the mold and the environment so well. This is a rifle I would expect to encounter inside of a hunting lodge or underneath a bed in one of the games many residences.

Tell me what you guys think.

The .375 H&H magnum is also another round that could be the ideal civilian hunting round it has been around for well over 100 years and to this date no other round beats it at the big game hunting role.

It also shares the remarkable rainbow trajectory of the 9.3 making it an ideal round for this role.

.375 is overkill for most game so most hunters not heading to Africa or Alaska won't own one plus the various flatter-shooting magnums are way more popular (cough cough .300 WM) also the trajectory of the popular 270-gr is relatively flat.

9.3x62mm is a better option especially for Europe but it shouldn't be "the" civilian round. A single rifle is enough, first the caliber is not common or popular enough to justify several types of 9.3mm rifles and adding to that there's not much variation in the 9.3mm firearms available, without resorting to obscure firearms it would all end up being the same gun with a few different skins.

At the moment the only way to make trajectory matter is to give it a permanently-attached or weapon-exclusive scope without zeroing. or BDC, or with limited zeroing. Right now tap "PageUp" to desired range and it will hit, making any differences in trajectory moot, plus there's no wind drift, plus precise shot placement rarely matters, plus slight ToF difference is nothing compared to lag and desync and for 99% of players running targets at very long ranges are just potshots that got lucky anyways, on a stationary target slight ToF difference rarely matters.

Proper CZ550 (not mod's Frankengun) in 9.3x62 would be nice. But they would never add it!

.375 is overkill for most game so most hunters not heading to Africa or Alaska won't own one plus the various flatter-shooting magnums are way more popular (cough cough .300 WM) also the trajectory of the popular 270-gr is relatively flat.

9.3x62mm is a better option especially for Europe but it shouldn't be "the" civilian round. A single rifle is enough, first the caliber is not common or popular enough to justify several types of 9.3mm rifles and adding to that there's not much variation in the 9.3mm firearms available, without resorting to obscure firearms it would all end up being the same gun with a few different skins.

At the moment the only way to make trajectory matter is to give it a permanently-attached or weapon-exclusive scope without zeroing. or BDC, or with limited zeroing. Right now tap "PageUp" to desired range and it will hit, making any differences in trajectory moot, plus there's no wind drift, plus precise shot placement rarely matters, plus slight ToF difference is nothing compared to lag and desync and for 99% of players running targets at very long ranges are just potshots that got lucky anyways, on a stationary target slight ToF difference rarely matters.

Proper CZ550 (not mod's Frankengun) in 9.3x62 would be nice. But they would never add it!

Yea I completely agree which is why I think mil/moa turrets and elevation adjustments would be such a huge improvement for the game.

It would force people to learn each and every firearm and learn proper holdovers but more importantly it would truly make each caliber shine by showing how ballistics different they truly are.

I really hope they do add a civilian hunting rifle with a rainbow trajectory similar to the 9.3 the problem I have with the. 30-06 filling this role or even the 300 winmag is that the trajectory is far too similar to the .308 and 7.62x54r.

Using a more short-range hard hitting big game round would truly go a long way to separate all of the firearms and making them more unique.

how about a remington mini14. if they do add in a m14 varient then a mini 14 would be pretty easy to add also, plus it would be another gun with 223 ammo so your not only looking for an m4 when you find that type of ammo

how about a remington mini14. if they do add in a m14 varient then a mini 14 would be pretty easy to add also, plus it would be another gun with 223 ammo so your not only looking for an m4 when you find that type of ammo

i think a while back we had a discussion on this and we decided not to add it but who knows.

So I would kind of liked to see a regular AK74 but we are getting the '74M. I wonder if we'll be able to integrate the wooden stock and handguard onto it.

So I would kind of liked to see a regular AK74 but we are getting the '74M. I wonder if we'll be able to integrate the wooden stock and handguard onto it.

You can take the ones from AKM. AK101 is the AK74M.