Sign in to follow this  
blissfulkunt

New Gun B95

Why would I be dead IRL? Do you know anything about me? How many Garands have you handled much less fired IRL? Did you know that late in WW2 a limited number of Garands were introduced with scopes? Did you know that this adaptation was widely used in Korea?

Or are you talking out your ass from a place of ignorance?

Mostly out of my ass, but if you would like me to do some research, I'd be glad to oblige.

Personally, I would far rather take an "old-fashioned" gun over a more modern one any day. I am a big fan of revolvers, lever-action rifles/shotguns, and bolt-action rifles.

• Like 1

Please do.

Alrightey: According to a brief 10 minutes of checking forums and some other sites, I've found that both weapons are pretty qualified.

The M16 seems to be very efficient until 500m as it's very accurate. However, after 500m the rounds that it uses are pretty ineffective. It's also got the ability to shoot much more ammo (provided the magazines are 30+) Iraq vets claim that the M16 "never let them down".

In the opposing ring we have the M1 Garand. The M1 Garand can shoot 1000+ meters accurately making it a much better candidate at any range 500m and over. It's also reported to have a lot of stopping power. It's very tolerant to wear and tear.

It's all in the hands of the person.

Both sides claim that the gun is reliable and sturdy.

Alrightey: According to a brief 10 minutes of checking forums and some other sites, I've found that both weapons are pretty qualified.

The M16 seems to be very efficient until 500m as it's very accurate. However, after 500m the rounds that it uses are pretty ineffective. It's also got the ability to shoot much more ammo (provided the magazines are 30+) Iraq vets claim that the M16 "never let them down".

In the opposing ring we have the M1 Garand. The M1 Garand can shoot 1000+ meters accurately making it a much better candidate at any range 500m and over. It's also reported to have a lot of stopping power. It's very tolerant to wear and tear.

It's all in the hands of the person.

Both sides claim that the gun is reliable and sturdy.

And in a zombie apocalypse I live in the US, where the 30-06 that the Garand fires is the most common center fire rifle round in circulation.

In certain parts of the US it is illegal to use a 556/223 for large game (think deer and other animals over 100 pounds/45 kilos) due to concerns about its ability to humanely kill the game, it is considered a varmint round suitable for rodents and coyotes.

By contrast the 30-06 and its little brother the 270 have been used to take every game animal on the Boone and Crockett list.

As for a Garand at 1000m, sure from a bench after a competent gunsmith re-barreled and accurized it. I wouldn't expect one of the mill surplus ones from CMP to do much past 700m, after all many of those guns have fought  two wars BEFORE they were loaned out to a foreign government and then returned to the US. I would still prefer one over an M4 for a variety of reasons.

Edited by Franchi
  • Like 1

I really don't get why. Many old school guns dominate the guns that replaced them in a game like dayz. Given a choice between a M1 Garand and a M4 I will take the Garand EVERY TIME. Same goes for SVT>SKS>AK47,

Are you seriously comparing the Garand to the M4? They are not even the same calibre let alone the same type of rifle.

• Like 1

Yah I didnt realize Rocket already has the next patch notes up, this guy is unbelievably impressive or should I say god lol.

• Like 1

The Garand was the standard issue rifle for the US until fully replaced by the m14 in 1963-1965, the M14 was then replaced by the M16 in ~1969, so in a span of 6 years the Garand was out, and the M16 was in, the M16 for those of you having trouble keeping up is the father of the M4

Why would I not compare them?

Edited by Franchi

Is that new motorcycle suit/jacket majig in the experimental branch yet? Anyone have any footage of that if it is?

>.>

The Garand was the standard issue rifle for the US until fully replaced by the m14 in 1963-1965, the M14 was then replaced by the M16 in ~1969, so in a span of 6 years the Garand was out, and the M16 was in, the M16 for those of you having trouble keeping up is the father of the M4

Why would I not compare them?

So what if they replaced them. Still not the same type of rifle or calibre. That'd be like comparing an SMG to a handgun.

So what if they replaced them. Still not the same type of rifle or calibre. That'd be like comparing an SMG to a handgun.

This isn't about "The best assault rifle" or "the best battle rifle" this is about the best zombie apocalypse rifle in that regard in dayz, given how the mosin stacks up against the M4 in PVP, the M1D Garand would dominate.

Do you agree or disagree?

It would spank it. Which goes to show there are some attributes that are missing or could be portrayed better in the game, and the same goes for ARMA 2 and 3 as well.

Edited by Gews

This isn't about "The best assault rifle" or "the best battle rifle" this is about the best zombie apocalypse rifle in that regard in dayz, given how the mosin stacks up against the M4 in PVP, the M1D Garand would dominate.

Probably, the SKS already does (Being fairly accurate and powerful, but having a semi-automatic advantage over the Mosin). I'll admit that I do like the Mosin for long-ranged combat but I'll always stick to my SKS for anything else.

Though I don't think an M1 Garand is realistic, at all.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Probably, the SKS already does (Being fairly accurate and powerful, but having a semi-automatic advantage over the Mosin). I'll admit that I do like the Mosin for long-ranged combat but I'll always stick to my SKS for anything else.

Though I don't think an M1 Garand is realistic, at all.

Less realistic in a dump of an ex soviet state to find a rifle that was exported to Iran 165,000+, to Pakistan 150,000+, to turkey 300,000+ than to find a modern German rifle that costs over $2,000?

If the Blaser B95 is actually in then anything goes.

I am not advocating for the Garand in dayz, I do love it, but it would be to much. I think the blaser was a bad idea tho, cool gun but I just cannot buy that we would find a gun that expensive in a dump like Chernarus

On survival conditions i would take a russian design over everything else. Why? Because they have been designed to work in crappy conditions. There is a reason why AK-47 is good. It's the design that pretty much allows it to function while being abused by the user and the elements. A lot of "modern" guns simply jam when they get a dust particle on them.

• Like 3

Yes. I like reliable weapons. With a used feel to them.

Give me a hunting rifle held together with duct tape and clothe wrappings! If she's reliable, she's all I need.

On survival conditions i would take a russian design over everything else. Why? Because they have been designed to work in crappy conditions. There is a reason why AK-47 is good. It's the design that pretty much allows it to function while being abused by the user and the elements. A lot of "modern" guns simply jam when they get a dust particle on them.

People don't realize how often you have to clean gun's like an m4, m16, ar series compared to most Russia made weapons.

People don't realize how often you have to clean gun's like an m4, m16, ar series compared to most Russia made weapons.

Can you elaborate on that please ? Thank you !!

Can you elaborate on that please ? Thank you !!

Really? This age old point that has been made thousands of times you really want me to elaborate on it?

Let's say we do AK-47 vs M4, both of which are great rifles and both have their pro's and con's.

The biggest pro of the AK-47 is it can take so much abuse, you can firing thousands of rounds, throw it in mud and what not and it will still shoot. If it jams, you can usually remove the mag, turn it side ways and shake it and your good to go.

Con's about the AK-47 is the fact it has a huge MoA/ bullet drop, ammo is pretty big compared to a 5.56 (unless we're talking about an ak-47m with a 5.45). They are also pretty bulk as well and have recoil like mofo, but the recoil and movement of the gun helps it break down dirty and what not to keep it firing.

The biggest pro with the m4/16 family was the ability to carry more ammo (not to mention it is very accurate up to 500m) , but they can't handle the abuse like an AK would. If the gun jam's you'd probably have to disassemble the gun to fix the issue. If you don't maintain the m4 well enough it's going to jam more often or have other issues. 

Not starting a ak-47 vs m4 war. Just stating that while both gun's are great, they both have difference reasons for why they are made the way they are.

I'm sure Gews could also add more to this as well.

Edited by Deity
  • Like 1

I hope they add RK-62 :rolleyes:

After all it has been said to be one of the best variations based on ak-47, even Mihail Kalashnikov said it was good.

I am looking forward to the czech Sa58 or possibly the new CZ-2000 rifles.

Makes more sense, with the Army of Czech Republic being on Chernarus as well in the ArmA2 canon.

Less realistic in a dump of an ex soviet state to find a rifle that was exported to Iran 165,000+, to Pakistan 150,000+, to turkey 300,000+ than to find a modern German rifle that costs over $2,000?

If the Blaser B95 is actually in then anything goes.

I am not advocating for the Garand in dayz, I do love it, but it would be to much. I think the blaser was a bad idea tho, cool gun but I just cannot buy that we would find a gun that expensive in a dump like Chernarus

At the end of the day. It's a video game man.

Yes damage wise, however we already have the SKS for that purpose, although I have no idea how it matches up to the Garand except for having 2 more rounds. But it is all relative to play style as well. A person who sprays and prays (and there are many many of them) will be pretty useless with say an SKS or a Garand. Only those who actually make their shots count will be effective with said rifles. It also depends on the role. You can't sustain suppressive fire as effectively with an SKS or a Garand as you can with an M4.