Kushko

Did something just happen to the character servers?

Logged out an hour ago with a nicely kitted character, and when i was joining the game now i could see that same kitted character in the main menu but when i joined a server i somehow became a fresh spawn and when i tried different servers to see if i could get my character back i was spawned as a fresh spawn in a different location every time (meaning it was resetting me to a new fresh spawn each time i logged in to another server...also i did not make a mistake in choosing a hardcore or experimental server in any of those occasions).

Dont get me wrong, i'm well aware its alpha and that these things happen and im not really fussed about my gear since i can get that back in a couple hours (and besides gearing up is one of the finer aspects of the game anyway :)). I'm just wondering what is going on.

Cheers.

Edited by Kushko

Logged out an hour ago with a nicely kitted character, and when i was joining the game now i could see that same kitted character in the main menu but when i joined a server i somehow became a fresh spawn and when i tried different servers to see if i could get my character back i was spawned as a fresh spawn in a different location every time (meaning it was resetting me to a new fresh spawn each time i logged in to another server...also i did not make a mistake and chose a hardcore or experimental server in any of those occasions).

Dont get me wrong, i'm well aware its alpha and that these things happen and im not really fussed about my gear since i can get that back in a couple hours (and besides gearing up is one of the finer aspects of the game anyway :)). I'm just wondering what is going on.

Cheers.

I just made a thread about this as well. At least I know it's not just me. Not that I want others to suffer too, but, y'know... stuff. <3

I just made a thread about this as well. At least I know it's not just me. Not that I want others to suffer too, but, y'know... stuff. <3

Yeah I just made a post about this too. Lost almost full geared char :( oh well, gearing up time when this is fixed <3

If this happens on several servers, I'd wait playing until it's clear if there's a problem with the main character Hive. If you're not playing, you're not risking overwriting your geared up character data on the Hive.

Edited by Dallas

Seems like the hive is down.

If I was you I would kill my fresh spawn so that it doesnt overwrite your character when they come back up.

:)

Seems like the hive is down.

If I was you I would kill my fresh spawn so that it doesnt overwrite your character when they come back up.

:)

Every time you log in you're in a different starting location. I'd just not play at all until it sorts itself out.

Well word on the street was there was going to be a wipe with tomorrows patch anyway, so i guess ill just wait until then. :)

I hope just by me logging in and seeing my gear gone doesn't mean its gone for good : (

Usually it's not. 

If a server can't contact the character server, you can't load up your gear. If you can't load up your gear, the game spawns you as a new player on the beach. If you continue to play with this new player, you might risk overwriting your old character, if the server finally connects to the character server. 

If you experience that you're character is wiped on every server you join, you might want to stop playing, until it's clear if the main server is down.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Every time you log in you're in a different starting location. I'd just not play at all until it sorts itself out.

Happened before gotta kill yourself then stop playing, it's worked for me twice now.

Same to me, happened just after the new patch. IMO it is the server issue, and the fact that you don't have just one character, but many of them would suggest that it is something wrong with the database.. Last time it happened, I had to wait for 2-3 hours, and everything became stable.

This has happened to me a couple of times since the game launched. Annoying but starting fresh lets me try new things out.

Yep. Just happened to me and my mate on a hardcore server. We keep spawning in new areas every server we join. Our regular shard characters too. Rough. I hope the hive is just down and we get our characters back, or at the very least can still save.

Taking a break tonight, I'll see if it is different in the morning. Anyone heard anything from the devs?

Yeah,  We all got wiped.. :)  And each time I rejoin the server, it's back to being a fresh spawn again.  Maybe doing something on the backend maybe or the database not saving user info again?   Guess we'll see soon enough..

Edited by Antykain

Jesus fucking Christ.. im fucking down with this game until they fix, or stop wiping characters..

Jesus fucking Christ.. im fucking down with this game until they fix, or stop wiping characters..

dawson-crying.jpg

• Like 5

Same thing, when i connect on my server, i lose all my gear so i try to connect on another server and i lose all again, every time i logging on some server i found new respawn and i don't have my stuff!!!!! pls fix it!!!!!

Edited by Ounissi

Umm, lol.. wtf.

You do realize that DayZ..  

fck it.. nevermind.

• Like 2