Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator

Mosin or M4?

As a new player, I am not sure which weapon is better. I have a Mosin with a worn long range scope and bipod, and I found an M4 with some basic attachments (no sights, lights, suppressor etc.).

I also have a FX pistol that I usually carry around in case I need to shoot a guy if I bump into someone who doesn't talk (it saved me a couple of times already from guys that start swinging axes with no questions asked).

So what do you guys think, generally is a better weapon for survival. I mean, I take it if I had an M4 I'd keep that up and prepped to go instead of the pistol, but does it make the pistol obsolete? Or do some of you guys run around with a mosin ready to fire?

I can't exactly test the weapons out as ammo is scarce and I don't want to get swarmed by players/zombies.

imo it's 100% dependent on playstyle, mossin is great for range (remove scope for close quarters) and still targets / M4 is great medium to close range and good for spraying down moving targets.

i wouldn't say either is better than the other as they are very different weapons so just choose one that reflects the way you play.

• Like 1

Depends on your playstyle. If you like to sit on hill and shoot far away, take mosin.

If you most likely bumb into players Closequarters, choose m4.

Personally m4 everyday of the week. After you find agoc,bipod, MP parts you shoot as far as with mosin.

Also autofire does things to its victims mind even if it doesn't hit them, thats why I go guns blazing and suppress enemy. Never seen enemy who shoots me back when I am autofiring at his hiding place ;)

I would take the FNX in nearly all situations. simply because it does more damage, and takes up less space (for the most part)

And if you find the new Shotgun, and get the chance to saw it off

Holy fuck is it amazing, a street sweeping bandit butt penetrating double Barrel Shotgun is what you get.

Or you can go with long ranged shotgun to. Thats a pretty good weapon as well.

I would take the FNX in nearly all situations. simply because it does more damage, and takes up less space (for the most part)

Holy fuck is it amazing, a street sweeping bandit butt penetrating double Barrel Shotgun is what you get.

Yeah but the attachments for the FNX are not very easy to come by most of the time lol.

Long Range (500m+) = Mosin.

Medium-Close Range =  M4

As soon as ACOG magnifies by x4 (instead of x1.6) I will use it for long range too.

I useally go this route:

pistol ( if iam lucky to find one early and prefer the python )

shotgun ( and this thing is a gift that keeps giving, altho, avoid speedloaders for now )

mosin ( at this point i need a saw to cut down the shotty but keep it as last resort )

Those weapons are a good combination.

I hate the m4 and laugh at the rambos running around spraying and praying. Its funny how bad people are with it.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

mosin
+pistol

or

m4
+revolver

shotty in bp

1) The FNX does more damage than what? The Magnum? Uh, no... 

2) The shotgun is far from amazing. Seriously, you're better off with a Mosin and no scope.

3) There aren't many instances where you need a Mosin with a Long Range Scope unless you're trolling. I, personally, only use the Mosin and Long Range Scope when I'm killing server hoppers at an airstrip/field or sitting on top of a building in Chernogorsk sniping kitted kids (I don't shoot the new spawns that run through), but I'm a huge troll/bandit and that's not for everyone. Going from town to town gathering, the M4A1 is definitely superior, especially when you manage to find a worn or better ACOG and/or Optic sight. Also, using the M4A1, there's no need to carry a pistol so you save yourself a lot of inventory space.

I personally think the Mosin is the best at the moment. One shot one kill in most situations close or far. 

2) The shotgun is far from amazing. Seriously, you're better off with a Mosin and no scope.

..mmm i useally find the shotgun first so i had to get used to it. :) but i give it to some underarmed member of our group after i find my trusted mosy, or sew it off :)

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

With a long range scope I would go mosin, with no scope the m4 is probably the better weapon.

The fx pistol makes up for the mosins small clip and less close range usefulness, I feel the fx beats the magum since there are fx attachments (red dot is nice) and a 15 round clip size.

Depends on how you want to play the game.

With the style of play i use, i like the mosin more.

Long Range (500m+) = Mosin.

Medium-Close Range =  M4

As soon as ACOG magnifies by x4 (instead of x1.6) I will use it for long range too.

I think ppl forget the M4A1 has an M68 scope to it doesn't go out as fare as the ACOG but that makes 2 decent ranged scopes.

Edited by Deathlove

I find it very lacking myself. Shot two guys in the chest from 3-4 meters (one shell each), they bled but no fucks were given. A shotgun at that range should do much more damage, at the very least knock you out.

Edited by weedmasta

I find it very lacking myself. Shot two guys in the chest from 3-4 meters (one shell each), they bled but no fucks were given. A shotgun at that range should do much more damage, at the very least knock you out.

I had that problem till i saw a post about the speed loader ruining the damage of the gun, don't use the speed loader and the gun magically becomes useful again (back to 1 shot kills)

Edit: just realised you're probably talking about FNX then if so disregard me haha

Edited by twingunz

1) The FNX does more damage than what? The Magnum? Uh, no... 

3) There aren't many instances where you need a Mosin with a Long Range Scope unless you're trolling. I, personally, only use the Mosin and Long Range Scope when I'm killing server hoppers at an airstrip/field or sitting on top of a building in Chernogorsk sniping kitted kids (I don't shoot the new spawns that run through), but I'm a huge troll/bandit and that's not for everyone. Going from town to town gathering, the M4A1 is definitely superior, especially when you manage to find a worn or better ACOG and/or Optic sight. Also, using the M4A1, there's no need to carry a pistol so you save yourself a lot of inventory space.

I had a guy shot 3 times with the magnum to the chest and he didn't drop, shot me once from a mosin and I died, CQB. I think I'll stick to the FX for now when it comes to pistol preference, at least it has 15 bullets and a good fire rate..

Though, I dont see how mosin couldnt be useful in a lot of situations. Say you see the guy at the exact same time from something like 200 meters. The mosin will always win, right, provided both of you are good shots.

The mosin is better when coupled with a high powered scope. As it will also act as your binoculars. which means that you're far more likely to spot the enemy before he spots you.

m4 over anything as if you get jumped you can spray and pray. With the mosin you gotta have superior positioning otherwise your chances are smaller. Personally I keep both, mosin on my back and m4 in hands. A bit of a hassle but when i need to snipe i just drop the m4 take my shots and pick it back up. If I need to catuationsmp I will drop both and put the m4 on my back and mosin in hands. I am using pistols only in super tight situations.

m4 over anything as if you get jumped you can spray and pray. With the mosin you gotta have superior positioning otherwise your chances are smaller. Personally I keep both, mosin on my back and m4 in hands. A bit of a hassle but when i need to snipe i just drop the m4 take my shots and pick it back up. If I need to catuationsmp I will drop both and put the m4 on my back and mosin in hands. I am using pistols only in super tight situations.

I used to do this, but not being able to sprint for a few days effectively ended that tenure for me. Also, the fact that I lost my 100% pristine M4A1 with ACOG/bayonet/flashlight via server restart a few seconds after I dropped it also helped change my mind. ;d

Shotgun sucks unless you have the element of surprise.

M4 is inaccurate as all get out.

FnX doesn't do enough damage for a .45 realistically

Magnum is decent

Mosin is over powered.