- Karma -

Master List of Equipable Items the Community Wants in the Game

@ KennyKyle - like it, don't see why not.  Possibly these and a hardened helmet could slightly reduce fall damage?  Maybe have non-camo variants.

Edit - have added a Camcorder (with night vision mode, requires lots of batteries) and Journals/Diaries; both ideas have been mentioned in several threads.

or you can crouch faster with that :D

A good list - a lot of what you have is on our list here already, but I'll offer feedback on some that isn't:

- the different ammo types: I like the idea of piercing rounds, but I'm torn.  The 5.45 rounds the AK's use as standard issue for the military forces are AP by nature - and so should be common?  The .357 ammo on the other hand would be super rare, no?  Tracer rounds is a neat idea if the Dev's could/are willing to do it.  Would make for a spectacular light show watching a gun fight from afar at night.

- pickaxe, mattock, sledgehammer, etc; some heavier melee weapons would be nice, but I'd like to see them fix/balance the ones we have first

- weapon attachments can't hurt

- I'm always hesitant to add more ammo calibers to the game, but I'd suggest checking out Alexei's thread that we keep mentioning: very good discussion in there with some forum heavyweights chiming in, maybe you can convince them to add the weapons to the polls for the community to vote on (or set up your own polls)

- all of the other clothing, gear, accessory ideas sound good;  I think once the majority of the stuff the Devs have drawn up to be pushed out are we'll start to see stuff like what you're suggesting.  The real trick to getting an idea noticed I've found is suggesting a piece of gear that doesn't fit a current role/isn't just a reskin.  Good list though, I'll keep an eye on it for sure!

Edited by - Karma -

A good list - a lot of what you have is on our list here already, but I'll offer feedback on some that isn't:

- the different ammo types: I like the idea of piercing rounds, but I'm torn.  The 5.45 rounds the AK's use as standard issue for the military forces are AP by nature - and so should be common?  The .357 ammo on the other hand would be super rare, no?  Tracer rounds is a neat idea if the Dev's could/are willing to do it.  Would make for a spectacular light show watching a gun fight from afar at night.

- pickaxe, mattock, sledgehammer, etc; some heavier melee weapons would be nice, but I'd like to see them fix/balance the ones we have first

- weapon attachments can't hurt

- I'm always hesitant to add more ammo calibers to the game, but I'd suggest checking out Alexei's thread that we keep mentioning: very good discussion in there with some forum heavyweights chiming in, maybe you can convince them to add the weapons to the polls for the community to vote on (or set up your own polls)

- all of the other clothing, gear, accessory ideas sound good;  I think once the majority of the stuff the Devs have drawn up to be pushed out are we'll start to see stuff like what you're suggesting.  The real trick to getting an idea noticed I've found is suggesting a piece of gear that doesn't fit a current role/isn't just a reskin.  Good list though, I'll keep an eye on it for sure!

I think different ammo types would be nice, but I think adding ballistic vests and plate carriers first would be best, otherwise HP ammo would always be superior to standard ball ammo in every scenario, and there'd be no counter to the HP ammo really. If the standard issue 5.45 is AP in nature then by all means, implement it that way in the game! However, if we're seeing III or IV plates for the plate carrier then it'll provide protection against up to the highest powered rifle rounds surely.

As for the melee weapons, I've described what I would believe to fix the "problem" with them a few times but I'll re-post it because I'd love for the devs to see it at some point. The problem with the blunt melee weapons is not the damage, it is the way they swing. If you get headshots on players and zombies with the blunt melee weapons, it's like a two hit kill. The problem is actually getting the headshots... You'll notice, when you swing (check firstperson mode if you haven't) you don't actually swing at the crosshair, or through it. You swing in a path that is either under or besides the crosshair, so aiming your crosshair where you want to hit while using these blunt melee weapons simply doesn't work. If they would change the blunt melee weapons to swing in a path that intersects the crosshair at some point, they would be far better weapons without having to boost their damage (not to mention this fix would pave the way for more melee weapons to be added). As for the Kitchen Knife, Machete, Hammer, Screwdriver, etc... they simply need a damage boost. I hit someone about 5 times with the machete yesterday, not only did not a single hit draw blood, but his shirt hadn't taken any durability damage either... yet all of the previously mentioned one-handed weapons will kill a zombie with 3-4 headshots for some reason.

• Like 2

Looks like that is a somewhat polarizing idea so I'll leave it off this list for now - alternative ideas regarding tracking progress and visual indicators are being bandied about if that is the general idea you like however!

Also, looks like no real "additions" in terms of loot on the experimental build.  Lots of other things however, including a new building type, and some of the newer structures being added to other locations, etc.  So no real updates for now as far as this list is concerned.

Also, looks like no real "additions" in terms of loot on the experimental build.  Lots of other things however, including a new building type, and some of the newer structures being added to other locations, etc.  So no real updates for now as far as this list is concerned.

I thought I read they'd added the 10/22?

Edit: Nope, that was posted by someone before they put the official change list out. Oh well.

Edited by dvsilverwing

I thought I read they'd added the 10/22?

Edit: Nope, that was posted by someone before they put the official change list out. Oh well.

I thought they had added the Ruger 10/22 already.  Did I bugger that up?

to make it quik:

glenns full armor....

That was a pretty slick sequence.  Riot armor/riot shield should be on the list - does anyone have a link to a good topic about it?

I'll make note of the post on this page, but I don't think I'm going to link to that thread - the OP did a terrible job explaining what they thought Riot Armor was capable of.  Regardless, editing main post to include Riot Armor, Helmets, and Shields.  It is a good idea!

Just a bump, not much new in the ways of rumors that I've seen - chime some in if you have them.  Most of the threads these days are covering the same topics, or topics that have been covered to death - sigh -

Here's a couple of interesting threads to check out if you haven't:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/176125-multiple-rifles/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/176172-experience-the-ccp-way/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175662-riot-armor/ (just get past original post, good chat after that lol)

A few updates added to the main list based on the info released about the upcoming experimental build:

Rainwater (can be "caught" in canteens and bottles)

Sambucas and Canina Berries

Black and UN Ballistic Helmet variants

Farming Hoe (for realsies?! lol, maybe it has great reach, someone let us know?)

M4 green variant attachments

Edited by - Karma -

Modular Armor Definitely, Magnifying glass to replace matches, Zippos, Bungee Cords(for traps), and i would very much like to utilize the weapon cleaning kits eventually and actually dissemble the Bolt Carrier Group of the M4 for instance, at least basic take down.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/j4enh.r2en5/v/vspfiles/photos/BCM%20Bolt%20Carrier%20Group%20AUTO%20MP-6.jpg?1350634880

BCM%20Bolt%20Carrier%20Group%20AUTO%20MP

• Like 1

Some more impractical, but out-there/unconventional-looking clothing would be nice in the finished game.

I'm thinking stuff like trenchcoats, clothing with complex/detailed/interesting patterning or murals, tophats, possibly some Eastern stuff like demon masks, kimonos... you get the drift. Things that you likely wouldn't see around too much in real life, but add a bit of character to your character. Things that are relatively rare - and somewhat distinct - that, alone or in combination with other pieces of gear, set your character apart in appearance from most/all the others on your server.

I want a huge variety of clothing with particular emphasis on common civilian clothing. I woukd like each and every character avatar to be unique through having access to a mass range of civilian clothing and for any military clothing or armour to be much rarer. I prefer dressing my character in non camouflage clothing. As a result I go for black or tan military shirts to complete the look.

I lose 2 inventory slots through opting out of wearing the camoflage jackets.

Those of us who would prefer to role play wearing civilian clothing should also have larger slot clothing available to us.

Off the top of my head,

Sheepskin coat

Rain mac

Leather jackets

Business suits

Flat cap

Trilbys, pork pie and bowler hats

Top hat

Panama and fedora hats

Goggles

Fleeces

Waist coats

Crocodile dundee hats

Bowling shirts

Sports amd lesiure wear

Muscle vests

Religious clothing

Police/ fire and ambulance uniforms

Work gear

High vis clothing

Jumpsuits and boiler suits

Bandanas, scalves and caps worn in different manners. I.e scalf or bandana tied as dust mask.

Band t shirts (or fake ones if copyright issues)

Christmas and other wooly jumpers

Bath robe

Baseball jacket

Parker coat

Some of these suggestions are more practical and sensible than others but practicality of certain apparel in the apocalypse should not be a determining factor in its availability. Perhaps make the more obscure ones rarer. I would very much like to see rarely two characters alike as opposed to now, everyone is special forces.

How about a dry cleaners or clothing store dotted across the map. A treasure trove of lootable clothing.

Edited by V4ReVolution

I also want to see layering of clothing. Not just to save space but also for survivability. Wearing a sweatshirt underneath a raincoat for instance. A t-shirt under or button up shirt under a jacket of some kind. Layering I believe is not only very realistic but also key to survival.

• Like 1

I'd love to see a few more 5.56 caliber weapons, most specifically...

m16a4 with (s-1-3) firing mode.  More accurate and slightly more powerfull than the m4, however no full auto as well as being slightly worse in cqb.

m16a4_4996581835_59f9fdbe4f_o.jpg

Georgian military G5 Carbine with short barrel.  Again, similar to m4, however slightly less damage and less accurage, but with better cqb handeling.

eng_pm_GHK-G5-GBB-sub-machinegun-replica

m249 para.  Short barrel for cqb, as well as the capability of using both belts, and magazines.

a_k-m249-para-1.jpg

Bullet Resistant body armor would also be a great addition, so long as it's rare, and degrades quickly when shot...  Both a kevlar vest, capable of defeating several pistol caliber rounds, as well as some form of tactical plate carrier capable of defeating a couple rifle rounds up to 7.62x54mm.

Edited by taco86

not sure where in time the game take place but since there is a sks and mosin nagant and UK dont have any gun i suggest the jungle carabine.i personaly love to shoot that gun because it have decent accuracy and the muzzle break have that unique jungle carabine LOUD sound that make locating the shooter impossible plus the original scope on those are exactly like the existing psu sight

Thanks for the good responses today everyone.  I'll get to a few here:

Some more impractical, but out-there/unconventional-looking clothing would be nice in the finished game.

I'm thinking stuff like trenchcoats, clothing with complex/detailed/interesting patterning or murals, tophats, possibly some Eastern stuff like demon masks, kimonos... you get the drift. Things that you likely wouldn't see around too much in real life, but add a bit of character to your character. Things that are relatively rare - and somewhat distinct - that, alone or in combination with other pieces of gear, set your character apart in appearance from most/all the others on your server.

I think it is safe to say that variant clothing items are what the art team work on when they've gotten ahead of the other teams.  We're starting to see more variants coming out, like the recent Ballistic Helmet variants.  Hopefully in enough time we'll see enough variants and unique clothing items that people can feel different and see differences in the characters they come across.  From a functionality standpoint though, until there is a reason to not where TTsKo as soon as you find it things will probably remain the same.  I choose not too personally because I feel it makes me a target for PVP, but I'm talking about an in game reason.  And not necessarily making the camo clothing worse, just bringing other items into the same realm of importance.  Weather will likely play a factor in this if it hasn't already (the rain).

- snip -

Business suits
Flat cap
Panama and fedora hats
Goggles
Fleeces
Sports amd lesiure wear
Police/ fire and ambulance uniforms
Work gear
High vis clothing
Jumpsuits and boiler suits
Bandanas, scalves and caps worn in different manners. I.e scalf or bandana tied as dust mask.

- snip -

The first part is exactly what I was saying above, glad to see I'm not the only one.  I condensed your list into items I would absolutely love to see in the game, and that I personally would like to see in the game.  I didn't actually disagree with any you put in, I'm all for variety, but these are the ones I really like.  You'll find others do too, more than a few are already on the first page list :)

I also want to see layering of clothing. Not just to save space but also for survivability. Wearing a sweatshirt underneath a raincoat for instance. A t-shirt under or button up shirt under a jacket of some kind. Layering I believe is not only very realistic but also key to survival.

This, so much this.  I was actually shocked to find I couldn't equip the rain slicker over the hoodie when I first found one.  I thought it could maybe go over a t-shirt, but only over the undershirt.  I guess it makes sense from an inventory management perspective.  They might have to make it that you could layer clothing, but only the "top" or outer layer is able to be used to store inventory items - just to keep inventory space to within reason.  Where I live, layers are a necessity most winter days - I wore 3 today because of wind chill.  Most central to northern European countries would be the same, but near the ocean is usually milder.  Interesting to see if the Devs pick up on this.

As to all the weapon suggestions, I'm pretty much handing those over to Alexei's thread which includes polls.  There are a lot of very unique and somewhat obscure guns that get mentioned (though still cool in their own right), and without popular approval it just seems to crazy to add them all to a list like this.  Check out the general ideas list link on the first page, top of the first post.

I am going to add lighters/Zippos, and magnifying glass to the list - to be honest, that is the first time I've seen those somewhere (shocking) and common sense would just have them in the game.

• Like 1

Footy pajamas and Cuban cigars.

You mean like onesies?!  OMG must have! :)

plate carrier and watch models have been made i believe.

• Like 1

From my understanding, Dean wants to move away from having an abundance of military grade weapons in the game.  Personally, I would love having improvised weapons, weapons that a person could make at home, or one that just looks like parts from a kitchen were used to make the weapon.  Its not too hard to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipg17yX-nok

and this plz! lol

Edited by srgnt.pepper
  • Like 2