- Karma -

Master List of Equipable Items the Community Wants in the Game

^^^

@ KennyKyle - what exactly would you call that?  I was going to use scarf, but I thought that would convey the wrong message.  Neck wrap?  Hood wrap?

its a tough military shawl. good in every environment and more useable than a scarf for outdoor situations. good against heat,sand,snow and zombieclaws

• Like 1

I wanna see more camo type clothing. they have white hunter pants in where is the white(snow) camo? I wanna see tops that match.  Yes I know I would stick out but I would wear a white camo outfit for the cool factor. How about  urban camo, Blue camo, red/black camo. Also I've noticed that some of the black colored items are not true black...they are just a little darker then gray. I like night servers and having a all black out fit makes it that more fun to be on it. Also how about some rediculous clothing ie..Dead rising style. everyone has seen the wild video for dayz:sa phsyco's why not have out fits that go with it. I think everyone can agree if the world went to crap then there would be people running around in Mad Maxx style clothing.

I wanna see more camo type clothing. they have white hunter pants in where is the white(snow) camo? I wanna see tops that match.  Yes I know I would stick out but I would wear a white camo outfit for the cool factor. How about  urban camo, Blue camo, red/black camo. Also I've noticed that some of the black colored items are not true black...they are just a little darker then gray. I like night servers and having a all black out fit makes it that more fun to be on it. Also how about some rediculous clothing ie..Dead rising style. everyone has seen the wild video for dayz:sa phsyco's why not have out fits that go with it. I think everyone can agree if the world went to crap then there would be people running around in Mad Maxx style clothing.

I'd imagine more camo clothing and variants are coming.  Not sure why you would ever want blue or red camo, but yeah.  Also, it is probably much better to wear a faded black or deep grey at night - rich black is more likely to stand out.  As for crazy clothing, not my cup of tea but if things like children's backpacks and cowboy hats are making it in they never say never.  Unless you mean running around in leopard skin leotards and wearing deer antlers - then, no, and go get help :)

^^^

@ KennyKyle - what exactly would you call that?  I was going to use scarf, but I thought that would convey the wrong message.  Neck wrap?  Hood wrap?

the UK army labels it a shemagh.

• Like 1

@ karma. the red, blue,grey square camo is for city environmend. it fits with grafitty walls, trash and rust

@capo. oh thanks ^^

ps: i need a camo and/or black taloon  :) i think a smal silhouette is important in the same way like good camo.

i see green mountain backback super looters everywhere XD

Sounds like we will be getting an updated regarding what went into this week's Experimental Build soonish.

Updated main list tor reflect Dev confirmation of the Boonie Hat, and added Head Wraps (includes Shemagh) to list.

Added the two pistols missing that are being highly voted on in AlexeiStukov's poll.  If you haven't voted, vote here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-version-103-sidearm-vote-poll-is-up-please-vote/

The pistols with at least 60% rate of all voters are:

Colt M1911

Makarov PM *added to this list

Tokarev TT-33 *added to this list

Nagant 1895

Edited by - Karma -

I suggest Bicycle chain whips and "A clockwork Orange" as book to spawn

^^^

That book is messed up - for real messed up.

Sorry haven't had a lot of time this week for updates - hoping to get to it this weekend.

Edit - also feel free to help me shamelessly bump this thread. By no means is it all encompassing, but maybe then we can stop some of the"I want these weapons in the game and I'm going to post about it before reading if anyone else has" threads :)

Edited by - Karma -

Added the two pistols missing that are being highly voted on in AlexeiStukov's poll.  If you haven't voted, vote here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-version-103-sidearm-vote-poll-is-up-please-vote/

The pistols with at least 60% rate of all voters are:

Colt M1911

Makarov PM *added to this list

Tokarev TT-33 *added to this list

Nagant 1895

Wow... holy crap ...thank you so much man for helping me.  I didn't even see that post while the poll was still up.  Thank you man, you truly are a good friend and community member!

And as for your forum you have here...

stalin_approves_by_foxgaurd-d3i0xow.jpg

• Like 2

This is assuming they give a crap whether you want this or that gun:p

You're right, it is assuming the Devs "give a crap".  But we'd like to think they do.  As well, I trying to use this to let others know what is being worked on and what is rumored in case they aren't able to keep up with all the one-off comments from other forums or media.  Thanks for your support?

@AP_Norris - I'll add the C96 but can you or someone provide a source?

Edit - added the C96 and the Karabiner 98 to the rumored list, fyi the validity of the rumors has yet to be confirmed by myself

Edited by - Karma -

Sorry for double post, wanted to make some edits based off of the early results from AlexieStukov's rifle poll:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-the-communitys-list-of-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-rifle-poll-is-up-please-vote/

Looks like most people wants some form of the AK in the game.  It seems a forgone conclusion that the AK-74 is coming since it already appears in the game files - people also do want the AK-47 and AKM, but they're so similar it'll be interesting to see if anything happens there.  The Dragunov SVD sniper rifle is also very popular.  Surprisingly, a lot people voting against the 'Murican M14 and M16.  As well, the poll has showed negative reaction towards the Saiga semi-auto shotgun so I removed it from the main post.

Thanks again Alexei and everyone who is voting on those polls.  For the record, the voting is closer than I may have made it seem so don't forget to share your vote and opinion over there!

You're right, it is assuming the Devs "give a crap".  But we'd like to think they do.

They do. They've incorporated feedback from this community directly before. Good ideas, if visible, will certainly impact the dev cycle. I know I was flippant in my response earlier about beards, but this is a great thread and thanks for maintaining it.

On the poll: I voted up all of the region appropriate guns and down for the 'Murican stuff. Just my preference. Seems to be the trend so far.

@ KennyKyle - like it, don't see why not.  Possibly these and a hardened helmet could slightly reduce fall damage?  Maybe have non-camo variants.

Edit - have added a Camcorder (with night vision mode, requires lots of batteries) and Journals/Diaries; both ideas have been mentioned in several threads.

Sorry for double post, wanted to make some edits based off of the early results from AlexieStukov's rifle poll:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172276-the-communitys-list-of-suggested-weapons-for-dayz-standalone-rifle-poll-is-up-please-vote/

Looks like most people wants some form of the AK in the game.  It seems a forgone conclusion that the AK-74 is coming since it already appears in the game files - people also do want the AK-47 and AKM, but they're so similar it'll be interesting to see if anything happens there.  The Dragunov SVD sniper rifle is also very popular.  Surprisingly, a lot people voting against the 'Murican M14 and M16.  As well, the poll has showed negative reaction towards the Saiga semi-auto shotgun so I removed it from the main post.

Thanks again Alexei and everyone who is voting on those polls.  For the record, the voting is closer than I may have made it seem so don't forget to share your vote and opinion over there!

Thank you man again for supporting the community's weapon forum!  :)

• Like 1

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/173363-my-suggestion-list/

Dvsilverwing's Consolidated DayZ Suggestion List
(Weapon related, clothing/gear, consumables, misc.)

Items
- 25 Round Magazines for Ruger 10/22 (after release)
- Aluminum Baseball Bat variant (a simple reskin would suffice)

- Balaclavas, 3 Hole/1 Hole style variants, Black/Navy/Olive/Brown color variants
- Shemaghs with White/Black, Red/White, Olive/Black color variants

- .45 ACP JHP (after Ballistic Vest is implemented, to avoid superiority)
- .357 Magnum LSWCHP (after Ballistic vest is Implemented, to avoid superiority)

- 5.56x45 Tracers
- 7.62x39 Tracers

- Pickaxe/Mattox
- Liquor (Painkiller effect, more common/residential spawned, drawback of vision blur)
- 3600 Calorie Bars

- Nitrile Gloves (Light Blue/Dark Blue color variants)
- .38 Service Revolver (standard Colt Official Police or SW Model 10 style)
- Track Jackets and Track Pants (Black/Navy/Gray/White color variants)
- Blue N95 Mask variation
- Leather Jacket (Brown/Black color variants) (Added 0.34)

- Yugo M48 or Czech Vz24 (Fitting Mauser, in my opinion)
- Baikal IZH-18MH (Similar rifle added 0.34)
- 20 Round Duckbill Magazines for SKS

- Ramen Noodles
- 6lb. Sledgehammer (Fiberglass)
- Short variant of current Cargo Pants (Cargo Shorts)
- Icepick (Also usable to open canned goods)
- Safety Glasses
- Duffel Bag/Gym Bag

- .32 ACP surplus service pistol (Walther PP/CZ70/CZ50)
- Duty Belts with modular holsters (Handcuffs, Pistol, Magazines, Revolver Speedloaders, etc.)
- Thigh holsters for Knives and Pistols

- Lever Action Rifle chambered in .30-30
- Mineral Spirits for removing paint from items
- Baikal MP153, 12GA Semi-Auto Sporting Shotgun (Wooden Furniture)

Edited by dvsilverwing
  • Like 1